First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIS
Occupation
IT
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but Rivian did not send any confirmation of signing. I took some screen captures but you would think a confirmation email wouldn’t be too difficult!
Sponsored

TollKeeper

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Rivian R1S, 04 GMC Envoy XUV, 05 Saturn Relay 3
Occupation
Ast HR Director
Just got off 2 texts with CS and both had variable replies. First CS rep said that I should wait on the email and that each link is individualized to particular order/customer. The second person said that I should use the link in my wife's account (order placed a few weeks ago so got an email because of the deposit) and that should work as well. So, at this point I don't know what to believe.
I would do the second suggestion. You are signing via a email address that you input on the bottom of the form, and then submitting that via their supplied link. So as long as you submit it with the correct corresponding email address, you should be covered.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Besides Fisker, is any other car company doing this? Ford, Tesla, GM?
I suspect Ford and GM would need weeks of meetings and sign offs by multiple legal teams before doing this, lol.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Aware of the recent F150 Lightning price bump?
I heard guys who passed on first invite don’t get the price bump or get a discount. If that is not the case, I will likely pass on the second one too

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Actually there is an underlying agenda here. The bill is intended to give advantage to US UNION shops. Rivian, Lucid, Fisker (via Foxconn), Tesla all operate non union factories.

The pricing is focused on vehicles made by F, GM, Chrysler, and foreign makers that have union shops in US (VW, Toyota, Honda, Subaru and so on...). They all make vehicles at much lower price point than the EV only companies.

Also the point of sale rebate under the new bill only applies to dealers, not direct sales. So think back to the original Biden bill, where he wanted more incentives for union made EVs and dealerships that sells union made vehicles. The intent of the original is still embedded in the new bill.
Subaru is (at least) predominately union. I don't believe Toyota or Honda manufacturing facilities are. Source?

I'm only posting replying, because if this is mis-information, it is dangerous to us all.

Sponsored

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Note that the agreement has to be signed the day before the enactment of the legislation, so if this thing is signed into law tomorrow, today is the cutoff.

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Besides Fisker, is any other car company doing this? Ford, Tesla, GM?
Wouldn‘t work for manufacturers that have exceeded the 200,000 vehicle production cap contained in the current EV tax rebate law. E.g., Tesla, Ford…

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Given the limited time remaining, I just went to the link that has been floating around:
https://cloud.e.rivian.com/riviantaxcredit

I made peace with it as I have 2 orders on the same account where only one is a reinstated order. So Rivian has $1000 of my money, how they want to book keep it is up to them.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Wouldn‘t work for manufacturers that have exceeded the 200,000 vehicle production cap contained in the current EV tax rebate law. E.g., Tesla, Ford…
Good point. Forgot about that.

Sponsored

Playah

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevy Equinox
In the same boat as you. Waiting to see. If it does not show up tonight I guess we are on the phone tomorrow....
I just spoke with CS. Rivian needed to create a different letter for those that were refunded the $1000 and never charged back after reinstating. The $1000 must be charged again with the same stipulation that $100 is non-refundable as with other deposit holders.

0=====0

First Name
Rajan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
O|||||||O and R1S LE 0====0
Occupation
Engineering
Anyone know why the chat line is so long today?
64th in Queue and 1 hour wait.
is it because of the BPA?

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I feel like all manufacturers are going to jack up their price now by $7500. Ford already started with their Lightning, i'm sure Mach-E is next
Sponsored