First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Any known reason you didn’t get an update on June 11th?
Actually, funnily enough, yes I do. I just found out tonight while chatting with a rep.

I was asking, since I was an Oct to Dec window, when might I expect a guide to contact me. The rep said I didn’t have a window, but they were working on it. I said I did have a window, but she said the 2021 windows are not valid, and new windows are being made. She was very nice about it all. And I appreciate her candor.

She was also the first to confirm a fear I had.
She said I was not near a service center and Rivian is choosing people close to service centers first. To give the full Rivian experience.

I mentioned I’d be happy to pick up the truck in Denver. Heck, I’ve been by the SC in Denver already.
But it doesn’t work that way.
More likely it’s to ease repairs and such.
I totally understand, but it also sucks.
We don’t get a lot of love here in New Mexico.

So she couldn’t give me a date, but said early 2023 is most likely.

The part that kinda bugs me is just that I’m gonna need to buy a beater car to tide me over.
Too old to bicycle commute the 5 miles to work during winter.
And I gave my electric motorcycle to a friend. (Got hit by a truck and just lost the love I had for it. But she was great for many years).

hate to go back to gas, but it’s a lot cheaper to get a gas beater for a few months than look for an EV.
sigh, been years since I bought gas.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

and maybe if Rivian adds that second shift in the fall, we’ll maybe they will feel comfortable selling a truck to an old man in New Mexico :)

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 4D9AD61D-D972-4683-A994-6D2486F52199

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 574305D9-403A-48B9-81DC-04053F0C96E3

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 86CE509F-430B-4983-AD78-8FFF15711503

Photos
1. First Electric bike in White Sands
2. Second electric motorcycle in Sandia foothills
3. Chevy Bolt in Jemez Mountains.

Rivian: I will take my R1T to many beautiful places and also understand that as an early adopter that things sometimes break.
Sponsored

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
@Gavinmcc So, if I have similar symptoms, do you think I have the same disease??? I ordered same day as you, was originally given Q4 2022 delivery window, received no June 11 update, and live 4.5 hours from the nearest SC. Did the customer service person explain it in a way that the lack of a June 11 update is more damning than they originally said, and I should be bracing myself to be ignored until 2023? :confused:

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
@Gavinmcc So, if I have similar symptoms, do you think I have the same disease??? I ordered same day as you, was originally given Q4 2022 delivery window, received no June 11 update, and live 4.5 hours from the nearest SC. Did the customer service person explain it in a way that the lack of a June 11 update is more damning than they originally said, and I should be bracing myself to be ignored until 2023? :confused:
Maybe?
Though you are in Washington so you have a SC in your state. That might help.
New Mexico is, sadly, at a huge disadvantage. Big state with smallish population and fairly poor. But our biggest disadvantage is there are laws that made sales and service centers owned by car companies illegal (passed years ago to protect local dealerships).
Tesla just recently got around this by opening a shop on a local reservation north of Santa Fe.
So Washington doesn’t have that issue.
But you could chat with Rivian and ask about your distance from a SC and if that affects your delivery.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I originally asked because I’m in this same original Oct-Dec 2022 boat, but also without any June 11 update. I’ve called CS twice and all they can do is say: 1/you should have received an update per our understanding, 2/you don’t have an updated window and can confirm I therefore received no email, and 3/despite talking to the “delivery team” cannot get me an update so I need to wait for the next “late summer” update. Main difference from you both is that I’m 15 minutes from the Costa Mesa,CA service center.

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
I originally asked because I’m in this same original Oct-Dec 2022 boat, but also without any June 11 update. I’ve called CS twice and all they can do is say: 1/you should have received an update per our understanding, 2/you don’t have an updated window and can confirm I therefore received no email, and 3/despite talking to the “delivery team” cannot get me an update so I need to wait for the next “late summer” update. Main difference from you both is that I’m 15 minutes from the Costa Mesa,CA service center.
Thanks for the additional perspective. I have yet to reach out to CS and have tried to be patient for my stated delivery window, but if my stated window is now pushed out and they haven’t told me… I will be disappointed. (So I read the forums more than I should for any clue!)

Sponsored

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Actually, funnily enough, yes I do. I just found out tonight while chatting with a rep.

I was asking, since I was an Oct to Dec window, when might I expect a guide to contact me. The rep said I didn’t have a window, but they were working on it. I said I did have a window, but she said the 2021 windows are not valid, and new windows are being made. She was very nice about it all. And I appreciate her candor.

She was also the first to confirm a fear I had.
She said I was not near a service center and Rivian is choosing people close to service centers first. To give the full Rivian experience.

I mentioned I’d be happy to pick up the truck in Denver. Heck, I’ve been by the SC in Denver already.
But it doesn’t work that way.
More likely it’s to ease repairs and such.
I totally understand, but it also sucks.
We don’t get a lot of love here in New Mexico.

So she couldn’t give me a date, but said early 2023 is most likely.

The part that kinda bugs me is just that I’m gonna need to buy a beater car to tide me over.
Too old to bicycle commute the 5 miles to work during winter.
And I gave my electric motorcycle to a friend. (Got hit by a truck and just lost the love I had for it. But she was great for many years).

hate to go back to gas, but it’s a lot cheaper to get a gas beater for a few months than look for an EV.
sigh, been years since I bought gas.

Thanks for letting me vent :)

and maybe if Rivian adds that second shift in the fall, we’ll maybe they will feel comfortable selling a truck to an old man in New Mexico :)

4D9AD61D-D972-4683-A994-6D2486F52199.jpeg

574305D9-403A-48B9-81DC-04053F0C96E3.jpeg

86CE509F-430B-4983-AD78-8FFF15711503.jpeg

Photos
1. First Electric bike in White Sands
2. Second electric motorcycle in Sandia foothills
3. Chevy Bolt in Jemez Mountains.

Rivian: I will take my R1T to many beautiful places and also understand that as an early adopter that things sometimes break.
My man, I am really pulling for you. I am hoping that someone at Rivian will take interest in your situation and do something creative that allows you to get your R1T sOOner rather than later. In my not-so-humble opinion, Rivian needs to be present in ALL states to further cement their case for an electric automobile future for America.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
My man, I am really pulling for you. I am hoping that someone at Rivian will take interest in your situation and do something creative that allows you to get your R1T sOOner rather than later. In my not-so-humble opinion, Rivian needs to be present in ALL states to further cement their case for an electric automobile future for America.
Thanks! I’m ever hopeful. And I agree Rivian needs to have these trucks in every state. And I take my electric rides everywhere.

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 5E94B959-B19E-4812-8AEC-B6679C0C93EE

Yes Brammo let me “borrow” a Engineer Test Bike for a few months. Took it all over. One stop was the Grand Canyon.

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 454D16F5-BF61-4111-8F06-7075CD98FF5D

my Brammo Empulse R at Balloon Fiesta
Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows AD486B33-FE00-4586-9D5E-46AB48AA0D90

And at Mesa Verde. Riding electric at National Parks is how all vehicles should be. So quiet and one with nature.

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Oh, and the very first EV I had was 10 years ago. Before my Chevy Bolt in 2019. Before I bought my Empulse R in 2013. Even before Brammo lent me the Test engineering bike. I had Little Greenie back in 2012. Took her so many places: Talked Ska Brewery into letting me take her inside their bar (no gas or oil to smell up the bar). In front of Walter White’s house. Vegas. Silverton, Co and comparing clean green energy vs dirty coal.
Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 370E9520-3564-4882-9F4C-22450DA8EC1B

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 5336CC0E-1216-48DC-AE4B-1752FB38E1CF

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 7335DF47-3E9B-4DA4-9D4C-6D508658562C

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows EEDE4FCE-04A8-4C41-8CFD-EC017F76E979

Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows 032E1BA7-EA70-4E3F-92CC-2D9A4FB20FC7

Heck, I talked Pebble Beach into allowing a bunch of us to ride our electric bikes on 17 mile drive (no motorcycles allowed). At least not back in 2012/2013. Not sure what their rules are now.
Rivian R1T R1S Oct-Dec 2022 Delivery Windows E94BFDBD-184D-484F-BFA9-8C5AC315B8AE

I’m far right in Roof Boxer helmet.

if I can get Pebble Beach to break their rules for no real reason or benefit to them, I should be able to convince Rivian to sell me an 80k truck, right?

ajhoop

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
I'm a March '21 pre-order holder with a Nov-Dec delivery window and just got the "Confirm Delivery Location" email yesterday and got access to the Rivian Shop today. Oddly...I got the "Access the Rivian Shop" email late last night, but when I tried to follow the link I got a 404 error. Exercised a bit of patience and waited until today and the green banner was at the top when I logged in.

Unfortunately only 21" road wheel options available for me (four of them) and I'm pretty set on the 20" AT, so the wait continues...It's good to feel some progress, though!

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical

Sponsored

dirtdiver

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord Hybrid, F350, Volt
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a March '21 pre-order holder with a Nov-Dec delivery window and just got the "Confirm Delivery Location" email yesterday and got access to the Rivian Shop today. Oddly...I got the "Access the Rivian Shop" email late last night, but when I tried to follow the link I got a 404 error. Exercised a bit of patience and waited until today and the green banner was at the top when I logged in.

Unfortunately only 21" road wheel options available for me (four of them) and I'm pretty set on the 20" AT, so the wait continues...It's good to feel some progress, though!
Once you get access to the shop does that get cut off or do you continue to get new offers and visibility into the shop?

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
OK, so if you were the guy in Walnut Creek that just took delivery of your Rivian Wall Charger today and are waiting for your Forest Green R1T, give me a shout out. The UPS driver is my son. :cool:

ajhoop

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Once you get access to the shop does that get cut off or do you continue to get new offers and visibility into the shop?
It's only been a few days for me, but I'm constantly seeing the available inventory change. I'm so excited I'm compulsively checking a few times per day and have seen a number of different configs cycle through. I believe the one thing they've all had in common is a FE interior.

Also had my first chat with my guide this evening and moved into "soft lock" phase.

Rivian Raj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sold my Model 3. No car till the R1T
It's only been a few days for me, but I'm constantly seeing the available inventory change. I'm so excited I'm compulsively checking a few times per day and have seen a number of different configs cycle through. I believe the one thing they've all had in common is a FE interior.

Also had my first chat with my guide this evening and moved into "soft lock" phase.
When was your order date and for the R1 shop does it show the Mid-Atlantic region?

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Received the "Your configuration is ready to confirm." email last weekend, followed by "A Seamless Process to Purchase Your Rivian" the same day and "Prepare for the Digital Purchasing Process" with guide assignment 1 day later. Nothing since then. Truck configuration is Green on green with 21s. Hoping to get shop access or 8 steps soon!

"configurationStatus": "SOFT_LOCKED",
"currency": "USD",
"orderDate": "2022-04-01", (reinstated, actual date was in 9/21)
"type": "VEHICLE",
"fulfillmentSummaryStatus": "PENDING_FULFILLMENT",
"vehicleId": null,
"invitedToSelfConfirm": false,
"eligibleForNewVehicleInventoryMarketplace": null,
Sponsored