Ocean coast interior after extended mule use

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Started off with OC (because I hate dark interiors), but after seeing both in person, I switched to BM. The undertones in OC don't go together in my opinion and it makes the car look "off" in person. The seats have a cool blue undertone that comes through and the wood has a warm pinkish hue, so they look odd put together. The BM of course has none of that and is also much less dark feeling than I was expecting -- the "black" is more like a charcoal gray.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Interesting, thank you. I'd really love to see the interiors live before my final config is locked in Q4 22.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
I’d love to hear the story on the toggle switch next to the center console and what’s up with the sticky labels,

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I’d love to hear the story on the toggle switch next to the center console and what’s up with the sticky labels,
The toggle switch clearly controls the passenger ejection seat.

The label on the console is the passenger warning of such, for legal reasons.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
We've owned two Teslas with white interior and all good. Fear not guys, this light grey vinyl stuff is magical.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Anyone wish Rivian had offered a saddle-colored interior with the Forest edge or OC stained wood? Saddle would be awesome.
I love the wood stain in forest edge, but the green seats remind me of the 1974 Ford Torino station wagon my parents had when I was a kid (or an avocado colored appliance from the 1970s).
+1 for me! - Saddle with Forest Edge wood trim

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
OC looks a bit Range Rover to me; in a good way. I'm not worried about the wear & tear.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

Still lovin the OC interior! Seems to look on par if not better than expected considering how it appears to be Not cared for. Thanks for posting!
As the case my be for a mule.

Sponsored

Rivian635

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5, Acura MDX Hybrid, Honda CRV
I have Ocean Coast interior in my config currently because we regret getting the dark interior in our Model Y. The ridiculously dark tint on the roof glass makes for a very dark cabin. I personally think the OC wood finish is terrible, and not sure how it was selected for a vehicle that's supposed to look modern, but whatever, it's worth dealing with to get the light headliner and seats. If it's possible to refinish the wood after delivery, I will pay pretty much anything.
My hope is we can buy the dash wood via parts and swap out different color. I want to live w the OC dash for a while first.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

My hope is we can buy the dash wood via parts and swap out different color. I want to live w the OC dash for a while first.
If its real wood I still wonder if we can stain the wood. The images in the configurator look awesome to me but the real life wood looked very white if that's the case with mine I will try to do a stain.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I zoomed in 300% and didn't see any cracking? RIvian should provide care instructions specific to the wood, since it is real wood and we don't know what type of finish was used.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
If its real wood I still wonder if we can stain the wood. The images in the configurator look awesome to me but the real life wood looked very white if that's the case with mine I will try to do a stain.
This. I have not seen OC in person but if the wood is white/pale/pickled then I will switch to FE. Unless, I can figure out or learn a reasonable way to make the wood darker and warmer. The only thing that comes to mind is a brown furniture wax. But even then, it’s a bold move to apply that to an $80k vehicle.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is what I got to see at the first mile event and it seems much lighter than i was expecting in person. Obviously phone Photo does some tricks.
Rivian R1T R1S Ocean coast interior after extended mule use w
Rivian R1T R1S Ocean coast interior after extended mule use q
Sponsored