Sponsored

Now You Know - Rivian lied

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
What else would you call it when you ask if a product works with the truck, the company says “no, it’s incompatible,” you buy it anyway and discover it does?
Did they ask Rivian?
Did Rivian tell them it was incompatible or did Yakima tell them it was incompatible - who did they blame in their click-bait headline?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
What else would you call it when you ask if a product works with the truck, the company says “no, it’s incompatible,” you buy it anyway and discover it does?
Have you found where RIVIAN lied? At best, it should be “Yakima Lied” but that wouldn’t get any clicks. And I’d we willing to bet my Rivian that not even Yakima said it wouldn’t work. I’m betting whoever they talked to didn’t know and then these clowns conflated that with “it won’t work” and “Rivian told us that.” I reported this video as well.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
As much as it pained me to watch the video again and give them another view on their counter, I did for the sake of argument and at no point do they mention speaking to Rivian on the subject, only to Yakima. The site goes as far as to say they cannot confirm compatibility but if you look through their "Roof rack evaluation guidlines" the rivian is compatible due to how the mounts are supported.

So a hint of research online which these guys seem marginally capable of, would have answered their question prior to purchase
Did they ask Rivian?
Did Rivian tell them it was incomparable or did Yakima tell them it was incompatible - who did they blame in their click-bait headline?
"Well I'm pretty proud of ourselves that we didn't trust Yakima or Rivian"

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

That's a meaningless plug if they don't provide context. What did Rivian lie about exactly? They went through it twice about how the yakima rep they spoke to said it wouldn't work, but not a single point did they say they spoke with rivian on the issue. Also Rivian isn't going to comment on if a third party product will work with their vehicle, thats up to the manufacturer of said product.

We know the tent works, which means the video serves that purpose, but the headline click bait is BS and just a plug.

These guys should stick to selling mattresses

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Got it - Rivian is supposed to know whether every third party product ever manufactured to attach to a truck is compatible. Yeah..... Right.......

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Got it - Rivian is supposed to know whether every third party product ever manufactured to attach to a truck is compatible. Yeah..... Right.......
They asked about the Skyrise HD medium, which is exactly what Rivian advertises as the kit on their site, not some random model that Rivian has zero experience with. There's also a huge difference between "we don't know if it'll fit" and "no, it definitely won't fit."

I'm not even in the market for an RTT, but if I was I'd be glad to find this video and discover I could have the same tent today for a cheaper price.

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Ok - let's try this again.... "Who did they blame in their click-bait headline?"

But, let's use your argument, how did Rivian lie?
Hopefully they are consistent in applying this benchmark for honesty to Tesla...I think there is a lot of "inaccuracy" with Elon's statements/promises over the last few years!

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I'm not even in the market for an RTT, but if I was I'd be glad to find this video and discover I could have the same tent today for a cheaper price.
You can get the tent without crossbars, and because you can shop at REI with a 20% discount right now and drive to a state without sales tax you can save money.

This is called “shopping”, or perhaps “shopping around”. It is also technically tax fraud, but as long as you don’t tell everyone you’re doing it you’ll be fine.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Ok - let's try this again.... "Who did they blame in their click-bait headline?"

But, let's use your argument, how did Rivian lie?
Hopefully they are consistent in applying this benchmark for honesty to Tesla...I think there is a lot of "inaccuracy" with Elon's statements/promises over the last few years!
Ok, let's try this again: "Well I'm pretty proud of ourselves that we didn't trust Yakima or Rivian." This implies they spoke with both Yakima and Rivian about this.

I don't know why so many of you are so defensive about this.

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Ok, let's try this again: "Well I'm pretty proud of ourselves that we didn't trust Yakima or Rivian." This implies they spoke with both Yakima and Rivian about this.

I don't know why so many of you are so defensive about this.
Headline!!
When you clicked on the video, what was the headline??

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Headline!!
When you clicked on the video, what was the headline??
The headline was Rivian lied. Yes, most of the comments in the video were about their interactions with Yakima, but they also mentioned "not trusting Rivian" which implies they talked to Rivian about it as well. Not that hard to infer.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I have an eaton trutrac diff in my truck. Eaton states it is incompatible with synthetic fluids. When inquiring about this, eaton responds that they advise as much simply because they’ve only tested with conventional oil.

So, are they lying too?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I have an eaton trutrac diff in my truck. Eaton states it is incompatible with synthetic fluids. When inquiring about this, eaton responds that they advise as much simply because they’ve only tested with conventional oil.

So, are they lying too?
Yes.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
If Jesse had gray hair he would look like a grandma.
Sponsored