Now You Know - Rivian lied

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
On the phone a Yakima rep said the tent was not compatible with Rivian racks.
I’m sorry? The co-branded Yakima tent with Rivian’s logo printed on the canvas is not compatible with Rivian racks? That’s the claim?
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I’m sorry? The co-branded Yakima tent with Rivian’s logo printed on the canvas is not compatible with Rivian racks? That’s the claim?
No. The title is clickbait. Rivian never said that.

The video, which is horrible btw, is about how Yakima told them a tent wasn’t compatible with the Rivian, but it ended up working fine.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have tried to watch two of their previous videos (or maybe one that I tried to watch twice). I think I will be fine on missing out on any information they share.

Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
The point still remains and is a fair one. You can get an equivalent tent without Rivian branding and without having to wait for nearly half the price.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Correct, but it will not be under the 5-year factory warranty. Buyers who drop $80k on a BEV pickup usually aren’t penny pinchers.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Agreed. You would have to do a LOT of camping to wear out the tent in 5-years. It’s the tent purchase homework and mounting chores that scares some buyers off.

Sponsored

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I don’t think most would spend $1500 more for a five year warranty on a tent. If the warranty is that big of a deal buy an extended warranty for the tent alone for much less.
It's not just the greater warranty, it's also getting a pair of crossbars included in the deal for the amount asked of the Tent via Rivian's venue.

You would have to do a LOT of camping to wear out the tent in 5-years.
Um, I can think of one specific <ahem> "activity" that can be done "sufficiently" enough in that tent to wear out that 5 yr warranty 😏

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Maybe the mattress😄

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

No. The title is clickbait. Rivian never said that.

The video, which is horrible btw, is about how Yakima told them a tent wasn’t compatible with the Rivian, but it ended up working fine.
Exactly. I love these guys and their bs. "RIVIAN LIED - because the Yakima rep said their tent wasn't compatible." Oh, You mean, the Yakima rep made a mistake, and you proved them wrong?

And again, "We charged the rivian up to 100% but it only says 290 something miles of range available, EPA says 314, Rivian lied, but maybe it's based on our driving habits?!
Maybe its based on your 20" all terrain wheel choice! Jeez.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
IMO, blogger posts like "XYZ Lied" are click bait. To me it's the same as the crappy political advertisments candidates post trashing each other. I didn't look at this video, and I'll be certain not to look at any posts by these clowns.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
And again, "We charged the rivian up to 100% but it only says 290 something miles of range available, EPA says 314, Rivian lied, but maybe it's based on our driving habits?!
Maybe its based on your 20" all terrain wheel choice! Jeez.
THIS... Why would I waste the rest of my time when you come out of the booth with a completely asinine statement. Almost ALL people who purchase the R1T right now know and understand why 100% says 290ish vs 314, his statement after that about "some calculations" is pure BS. So please don't try to figure anything else out for us because it's obvious you're an idiot who can't read or put bits of information together.

Ugh idiots...
Sponsored