First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD
I would like to have the SPOTIFY account linked to the PaaK, KeyCard or FOB. My wife and I have totally different musical styles. I like her music (some of it) but she doesn't like mine (Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Journey, Metallica, Megadeth, Van Halen etc). It would be nice that when I get in the car after she drives it it would automatically switch to my list instead of having to log her out, scan the QR code, and log me in.

Also, would love to have the ability to move the SPOTIFY play screen (when the MAP is displayed) to the driver's side. I know it is just about 6" move to the right for me, it would make it nice to be able to move it to the driver's side.
Did you say Dream theater? Portnoy is back! Cannot wait for the next album! (I know, completely off topic)

BG_ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cadillac CTS
I would like to have the SPOTIFY account linked to the PaaK, KeyCard or FOB. My wife and I have totally different musical styles. I like her music (some of it) but she doesn't like mine (Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Journey, Metallica, Megadeth, Van Halen etc). It would be nice that when I get in the car after she drives it it would automatically switch to my list instead of having to log her out, scan the QR code, and log me in.
+1 One of my wife’s main gripes with the R1S is knowing she will have to change the music immediately if I was the last to drive. Like you, we each have our own Spotify profiles with wildly different music tastes.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

Did you say Dream theater? Portnoy is back! Cannot wait for the next album! (I know, completely off topic)
Can't wait to hear the new album. Mangini was/is an amazing drummer, but I felt he was too good...if that makes sense. Portnoy is spot on with his playing, but with Portnoy it felt natural and not planned as with Mangini, he came across as "I need to hit the snare exactly here and there".

I've seen them 5 times in concert and Petrucci at the G3 tour in 2007.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

When are we going to see more streaming options, YouTube music, Apple Music...etc
almost giving up on the hope of Netflix, YouTube ...etc
Probably when the monthly LTE connection fee starts.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

I feel monthly release is just too much and now don’t really required anymore specially when they are bleeding money. They should really move to quarterly release with some significant updates…
it should not be tied to any calendar or dates. It should be when features are ready or fix is ready.

On Tesla, firmware update comes often or not for long time. It just depends on what they are doing.

Clearly safety and bug fixes need to be ASAP. Other nice to have can be batched and coincide with other fixes.

Not monthly, quarterly or any intervals. Just when ready.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

it should not be tied to any calendar or dates. It should be when features are ready or fix is ready.

On Tesla, firmware update comes often or not for long time. It just depends on what they are doing.

Clearly safety and bug fixes need to be ASAP. Other nice to have can be batched and coincide with other fixes.

Not monthly, quarterly or any intervals. Just when ready.
That's really not the way software development works in an agile world. Work is done on a biweekly or monthly schedule and whatever is ready goes in the release. Things that aren't get put off until the next one. I'd much rather see faster cadence bug fixes and smaller features than put things off that could be causing issues for folks until some headline feature happens to be ready.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, you can sell the car before it is finished!

I see a lot of rookie bugs fixed here, introduced presumably by cheap, junior developers. I don't really want that kind of code in my car.
I think they're kinda shooting themselves in the foot by not having any kind of bug reporting mechanism.

If they did they'd likely take care of most of the bugs early on.

Like they still haven't fixed the FM radio bug. It's been in there since I bought the vehicle nearly 2 years ago. Instead of showing the correct station I'm on it will get stuck on some other station. If I leave the vehicle for awhile it will be fine for awhile.

This is with the left UI element.

There are also numerous Nav issues. Like the other day I clicked bathroom and it was showing me bathrooms 70+ miles away instead of a nearby rest stop that was on my way.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
After doing about 8 hours of highway driving this weekend in the mountains, I'd really like to see an option buried in a menu somewhere to disable the auto slowdown in corners thing. It's unbelievably annoying, slows down for corners when unnecessary, and slows down way too much.

That said, highway assist while in stop and go traffic for 2 hours creeping along at 0-10 mph is amazing. And one of the recent updates massively improved the resume HWA on lane change feature. In December/January it did this weird thing where it wanted to shoot over to one of the lane lines when it resumed, but now it's really solid.
I also did around 8 hours of driving this 4 day weekend.

I feel like the slowdown for corners is actually unsafe because it does so in a corner. It doesn't seem to slow down before a corner.

The resume on lane change is pretty nifty, but I didn't have an issue with the previous one. I love how it turns off the blinker. But, only if you perform a good lane change. If you're too slow it throws it off. Haha
The new suspension setting is also pretty nice. I'm now content with the suspension where I used to find it bouncy.
The new auto wiper settings make it so much nicer in the rain.

So definitely heading in the right direction update wise.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I feel like the slowdown for corners is actually unsafe because it does so in a corner. It doesn't seem to slow down before a corner.
Agree. I tested it several times on a 90 turn at the end of a 4 lane divided highway which has a traffic light about 200 yards after the turn. Granted, it is an unusual situation with a sharp turn and rapidly decreasing speed limit. It did not even try to slow down. If I had not taken control, it would absolutely gone off the road and totaled the R1S.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Agree. I tested it several times on a 90 turn at the end of a 4 lane divided highway which has a traffic light about 200 yards after the turn. Granted, it is an unusual situation with a sharp turn and rapidly decreasing speed limit. It did not even try to slow down. If I had not taken control, it would absolutely gone off the road and totaled the R1S.
Prove it ;)

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I tested it. Here ya go! *

Rivian R1T R1S Now Available: 2024.07.02 Software Update: Tesla Supercharger Access Coming Soon, Navigation Improvements, Room Entry And Exit Enhancements & More rollover2

* The image shown is for illustration purposes only and is not an actual representation of any claim in this thread. Do not attempt. Unprofessional driver on open course who drove irresponsibly. No Rivian was actually hurt responding to this thread. Your mileage may vary.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I wonder if 2024.07 has any updates for the march Tesla release. It could be there's nothing needed though. Plug n charge already functions and maps constantly get updates.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I just want them to swap the order the seat moves. If my wife was the last one to drive, and for some reason roomy entrance/exit didn't kick in, then I get in, and it moves the seat *FORWARD* squishing me into the steering wheel, then it adjusts down (which also causes it to go backward. My wife likes the seat all the way up, I like it all the way down. That difference in forward/rearward position between top and bottom means I have to slide it ever so slightly forward. By adjusting the forward first, it squishes me.)
I jokingly called this move the trash compactor when I requested the same thing in a different thread last year. Our Land Rover did the same thing when moving from one memory position to another… at least Rivian stands a chance of improving with an OTA update.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I wonder if 2024.07 has any updates for the march Tesla release. It could be there's nothing needed though. Plug n charge already functions and maps constantly get updates.
No reason Rivian couldn't push a minor update just for supercharger compatibility. They've periodically done that kind of a thing for problems only certain vehicles/hardware are experiencing.
Sponsored