atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Updated to this last night as well. While I appreciate Rivian's pace of updates and the improvements they bring I'd be even happier if they were half as frequent and have all the glitchy behavior removed.
When I was at the Cleveland service center for windshield replacement (rock chip/ crack) the tech said they get a lot of service tickets for software and that every R1 has its own software "personality". It didn't sound like an ideal situation.
In my day it was “code a little/check a little”. Today it’s “code it as fast as possible/let the users tell you what you need to fix/no one apparently uses all the other stuff you wrote so who cares if it works?”.
Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Does anyone know if getting the latest software update requires having to install prior updates in sequence?

I received my R1T last week, and I’ve been pushed the 2023.06 update. But, preferably, I would want to update to 2023.10 right away instead.

Thanks!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Since this is more of a bugfix update vs. new features update... it it still a 30min session?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Since this is more of a bugfix update vs. new features update... it it still a 30min session?
It claims 80 minutes.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Does anyone know if getting the latest software update requires having to install prior updates in sequence?

I received my R1T last week, and I’ve been pushed the 2023.06 update. But, preferably, I would want to update to 2023.10 right away instead.

Thanks!
They are done in order.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really? Wow...

I imagine it won't be anywhere near that length of time.
Mine took nearly as long as the other updates. Nearly an hour.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

I've had this exact same issue/notifications pop up since the day I got the truck in May 22. It usually disappears by the time I am backing out of the driveway, but nonetheless, it intermittently appears 2-3x a week.

I asked service about and showed them photos of it - they stated that they could have engineering take a look, but that I would be without my truck for awhile. So I just have dealth with it for almost a year, hoping an OTA fixes it. Otherwise, it doesnt inhibit any use of the sensors/Driver+/cameras.
Huh, interesting.

When it first popped up last week, I did some searching online and it definitely didn't seem like others were complaining about the same issue. Seems like it might just be a small pool of us.

I will definitely let you know if I get any advice/resolution after my service visit next week.

Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
Huh, interesting.

When it first popped up last week, I did some searching online and it definitely didn't seem like others were complaining about the same issue. Seems like it might just be a small pool of us.

I will definitely let you know if I get any advice/resolution after my service visit next week.
Appreciate the teamwork! Do you also get a message that states the front sensors are off or just the back?

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Appreciate the teamwork! Do you also get a message that states the front sensors are off or just the back?
I have only ever seen the rear sensors error. It persists though, so hopefully it will be easier to diagnose.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
"Fixed an issue where, in certain conditions, the charge port door closed immediately when removing the charge plug after charging"

I didn't even get a chance to play the game. :-(

The first time I didn't have notice that it would do that, and I haven't charged since.

Oh, well. The chop chop might be gone, but the tok tok lives on.

*Toks away.

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
will install tonight. But the choppy arm fixed itself. By hitting the charge connector and breaking itself, so it doesn’t chop/move anymore (can still mostly open/close it manually).
Service spot for Monday.

jasonphoto01

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 1976 Ford Bronco, 2018 RR Sport
Occupation
Medical Field
Is anyone having any kneel issues post-update? Mine for some reason doesn't always kneel as it did before.
Sponsored