Sponsored

Network outage caused trucks to go offline

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
On Thursday I noticed that some of the App functionality was not available. (I was specifically looking for adjusting the target charge limit). I had to go into the truck to set it.

Today I got a text message from Rivian with this explanation.

Rivian R1T R1S Network outage caused trucks to go offline Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.07.27 AM
Sponsored

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My name is Mike, and I have a (car) problem
Interesting. I did a reboot after the outage, and while it returned all in-vehicle systems to normal, I am still unable to reach the truck when it’s on LTE.

Based on your note, I’ll try another soft-reboot today. Ticket has already been submitted.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
On Thursday I noticed that some of the App functionality was not available. (I was specifically looking for adjusting the target charge limit). I had to go into the truck to set it.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.07.27 AM.png
Is that URL correct?

OP
OP
bhlackey

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
Is that URL correct?
That is a screenshot of the text they sent me. I didn’t use it. I assume the rivn.co is for a short url to text out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I noticed my R1S offline when I accessed it yesterday and it had been sitting since Wednesday. I wasn’t in it long enough to see if it reconnected but will drive it soon, i guess I will see.

Calexander9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Interesting. I did a reboot after the outage, and while it returned all in-vehicle systems to normal, I am still unable to reach the truck when it’s on LTE.

Based on your note, I’ll try another soft-reboot today. Ticket has already been submitted.

Screenshot 2024-03-30 at 10.07.27 AM.png
mine has been out since I picked up my R1S since last Saturday. Haven't tried a restart today but they have me down to get serviced April 8th. Really hoping it just comes back so I don't have to get it serviced.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
That’s kinda weird I chatted with support last night and they told me to do the full reset, this text seems to imply a soft reset should be enough.

Calexander9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
That’s kinda weird I chatted with support last night and they told me to do the full reset, this text seems to imply a soft reset should be enough.
Did it work for you? I think I'm going to have to get the module replaced since I still don't have LTE

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I had this issue this last week, for several days. Yesterday, I tried a software reset and that seems to have cured the problem. I did receive the same text message today, however, even though I am back online since yesterday.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I had this issue this last week, for several days. Yesterday, I tried a software reset and that seems to have cured the problem. I did receive the same text message today, however, even though I am back online since yesterday.
They probably compiled the list of problem vehicles before you did the reset.

Cascadian

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, Outback
Clubs

There a few of us where the software reset and vehicle restart are not fixing this issue. I have been disconnected for 10days. I requested a service appointment online, but do not have a date yet.

Calexander9

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
There a few of us where the software reset and vehicle restart are not fixing this issue. I have been disconnected for 10days. I requested a service appointment online, but do not have a date yet.
I've been restarting my vehicle everyday and still no luck. My appointment is April 8th. Assuming if I don't have internet by then they would be replacing the module. Kind of annoyed that I have to drive in to get it serviced already since I just got the vehicle.

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Cyber Security
I've been restarting my vehicle everyday and still no luck. My appointment is April 8th. Assuming if I don't have internet by then they would be replacing the module. Kind of annoyed that I have to drive in to get it serviced already since I just got the vehicle.
Did you try a full reset?
Sponsored