Randomly connecting to Camp Speaker?

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Does anyone else have a problem where their truck occasionally reconnects to the camp speaker if the truck is unlocked? It’s driving me crazy. Is there a fix?

Example: I was listening through the camp speaker in the garage last night while doing some work on mountain bikes. Put the speaker away, went inside, connected the phone to the home audio, and then randomly (when in range) it would re-connect to the camp speaker.

This doesn’t appear to happen when the car is locked, but it does happen when the speaker is back in its hidey-hole, where presumably the charging port would deactivate bluetooth. “Presumably.”
Sponsored

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
Does anyone else have a problem where their truck occasionally reconnects to the camp speaker if the truck is unlocked? It’s driving me crazy. Is there a fix?

Example: I was listening through the camp speaker in the garage last night while doing some work on mountain bikes. Put the speaker away, went inside, connected the phone to the home audio, and then randomly (when in range) it would re-connect to the camp speaker.

This doesn’t appear to happen when the car is locked, but it does happen when the speaker is back in its hidey-hole, where presumably the charging port would deactivate bluetooth. “Presumably.”
Happens to me too, even if the truck is locked. I finally just removed it from Bluetooth completely.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
My favorite is when I am on a business call in house and phone goes silent....and a bit later I figure out it transfered to Camp Speaker docked in the truck in the garage.
I get this problem occasionally where I'll see it connected to my phone but I haven't had it take over my call or something.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yes. I've submitted it as a ticket to Rivian twice now.

Sponsored

ak-bos

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T
Going to revive this thread. I noticed this same issue when I first got my truck in August. Got annoyed by it, disconnected bluetooth speaker from my phone, and kinda forgot about it. Hooked my phone up to it again earlier this week to play some music, then turned off the speaker, docked it, locked the truck and went back in the house. And of course, a couple of hours later I noticed my phone was connected to the speaker again. Did anyone have any luck with Rivian support? Can anyone confirm if this is across all speakers/vehicles, or just some? It's frustrating to have to remove the camp speaker from bluetooth whenever I'm done using it. It also seems a bit concerning that something in the vehicle is causing the camp speaker to turn back on - could be a contributing factor to some of that lovely phantom drain we get.

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve had mobile service look at the issue twice and they were able to recreate the problem earlier this week. It has elevated to the engineering team and I’m waiting to hear back on next steps.

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
I have to manually disconnect from the speaker in my phone Bluetooth settings to keep it from doing this… Only fix I’ve found thus far… It seems to work though after I’ve done that it does not connect again until I turn the speaker on again and have to follow same process again.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Alright, I'll feed this thread. The speaker is getting annoying.

1) whenever I intentionally try to connect my phone to the speaker, it's a 5 minute ordeal fighting Bluetooth, the speaker, and the truck. It's not fun anymore.

2) I pulled the truck out of the garage the other day using the key card to do some work in there. 20 minutes in, I hear the speaker connect and disconnect a few times... My phone was 50 feet away in the kitchen.

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

same. it randomly connects but usually if the truck is unlocked. annoying but not necessarily unique to Rivian. ive had other BT devices connect and disconnect randomly to my phone or otherwise. i dont understand how BT connectivity works but seems to do this, not just with my camp speaker.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Mine does it too. I use the speaker quite a bit and usually disconnect it afterwards, but I sometimes forget. I just wish it wasn't so damn loud when it does it.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Mine does it too. I use the speaker quite a bit and usually disconnect it afterwards, but I sometimes forget. I just wish it wasn't so damn loud when it does it.
I'm at the cabin and heard the truck wake up (the weird clicking/buzz/some other noise) and a few minutes later the Camp Speaker turned on. It didn't connect to my phone, but it turned itself on. It's so loud I can hear it do this outside the truck, through my cabin walls.

Has anyone submitted a service ticket about this? They've got to be developing a software update for it, right?

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm at the cabin and heard the truck wake up (the weird clicking/buzz/some other noise) and a few minutes later the Camp Speaker turned on. It didn't connect to my phone, but it turned itself on. It's so loud I can hear it do this outside the truck, through my cabin walls.

Has anyone submitted a service ticket about this? They've got to be developing a software update for it, right?
Yes I have a ticket open. The first recommended remedy was to replace the latch in the camp speaker tunnel. That didn’t work so it’s back to square one. I personally believe the speaker needs a software or firmware update and they don’t seem to have a way to do that.
Sponsored