Randomly connecting to Camp Speaker?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Yes I have a ticket open. The first recommended remedy was to replace the latch in the camp speaker tunnel. That didn’t work so it’s back to square one. I personally believe the speaker needs a software or firmware update and they don’t seem to have a way to do that.
They have many times touted their ability to manage the entire software ecosystem, specifically mentioning the Camp Speaker on more than one occasion. Just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't. That said, this random connecting annoys the crap out of me.
Sponsored

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
They have many times touted their ability to manage the entire software ecosystem, specifically mentioning the Camp Speaker on more than one occasion. Just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't. That said, this random connecting annoys the crap out of me.
Yeah well they also said they’re going to offer up a deep integration with our phones to rival Apple and Google, so I take what they say with a grain of salt. I can’t see how they’d update the camp speaker without a hardwired connection to a PC, but what do I know.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Yeah well they also said they’re going to offer up a deep integration with our phones to rival Apple and Google, so I take what they say with a grain of salt. I can’t see how they’d update the camp speaker without a hardwired connection to a PC, but what do I know.
Wirelessly, the same way they have updated the keyfob firmware. And they have shown continuous improvement with every single OTA so far, I would expect that to continue. They are far from perfect, I agree, but they have proven that they are working forward and willing to admit mistakes (see the slow transition to Google maps).

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have the opposite problem where in order to connect I have to go to my Bluetooth settings forget the device and re-pair…. Every. Single. Time.

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
Wirelessly, the same way they have updated the keyfob firmware. And they have shown continuous improvement with every single OTA so far, I would expect that to continue. They are far from perfect, I agree, but they have proven that they are working forward and willing to admit mistakes (see the slow transition to Google maps).
Everyone has their take. I tend to be much more cynical. I got a new VW Atlas recently as my company car. Yes, I know it’s an apple to oranges comparison. But it was so incredibly delightful to get in the car for the first time and have my phone connect wirelessly and have a multitude of options for music and navigation. Not to mention the ability to text via voice. It just seems we’ve gone backwards with the Rivian UI and I think that’s a shame.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have the opposite problem where in order to connect I have to go to my Bluetooth settings forget the device and re-pair…. Every. Single. Time.
I get this too, it's operating in Bizarro World. Randomly connects when in the truck and not using, PITA to connect when I pull it out and want it on.

Yes I have a ticket open. The first recommended remedy was to replace the latch in the camp speaker tunnel. That didn’t work so it’s back to square one. I personally believe the speaker needs a software or firmware update and they don’t seem to have a way to do that.
My latch works just fine in the tunnel, in fact I often have to manually disengage it to pull it out.

I've resorted to removing it from the storage and letting it slide around the back floor, banging against the sides in the turns. This seems to have solved my random connection issue 👍

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Same issue here, fortunately I'll very rarely use it (prob close to never) and have a million google speakers at my house so 0 need for it at home. I simply removed the connection and fingers crossed they'll eventually update the firmware. It's ok that they currently focus on broader improvements/fixes but this is something they def need to address.

Red Beard

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Chevy Tahoe
Occupation
Technology
Same issue here. Just got our R1S last week. I noticed my phone was playing to the speaker while in its dock in the R1S while I was walking around the house. I unpaired my phone from the Camp speaker for now so it wouldn't happen again.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Any reports of successful fixes for zombie speakers? It's returned to random activations. No phones are connected, just turning itself on.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Any reports of successful fixes for zombie speakers? It's returned to random activations. No phones are connected, just turning itself on.
Isn’t that a feature?

Sponsored

hoytee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Same problem here. It is somewhat frustrating since I turn it off before I stow it, but parking it back in its hole must turn it back on and activate Bluetooth.

tyfly867

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
370z, Chevy Suburban
Reviving an older thread here, but I am having the same issue with the camp speaker turning itself on while in the dock, making that "on" sound it makes (sorry for the poor description) when the vehicle is parked and it is both locked and unlocked.

Just started recently after 2 years of ownership.
Sponsored