My 2 cents after 2 weeks

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
If y'all are worried about security, you can always pick up a gear guard dog.

Rivian R1T R1S My 2 cents after 2 weeks 1650132769129

even comes with a lock.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
aftermarket idea: replace the charging pad with a new pad that grabs the the phone.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Yes, like the OP mentioned, you can just leave the tonneau cover cracked a half inch open to allow for the GG cable, but this really cuts down in the length of the cable for that run to wrap around your bikes/gear. When I was at the Denver open house the employee said that they are working on offering for sale in the gear shop a longer gear guard cable precisely for this scenario or if you really need a long run.
As discussed above, you could lock multiple cables together rather than producing a longer continuous cable. This would also allow unlocking points close to gear without having to open the Tonneau and unwind everything.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just my 2 cents, seems like people are forgetting this truck is under 100k. To do this everything can’t be top tier.

I will know better once I have had a chance to live with it for a couple of months. Based on seeing it in Venice and driving it at Aqua Dolce, seems to me they put the money in the right places and these small compromises are not an issue. They could have made it a 120k truck but the market in that range is a lot smaller.

el_scorcho

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I just tested this out. Cover can close all the way on the cable, just barely long enough to make it through the rear triangle on one bike. If it were slightly longer, might be able to jam it in the void space next to where it closes, but it isn't long enough for that as is.

PXL_20220412_155059739.jpg
How is the 1up on the crossbars? Easy to install/use? Have you tried using it on the hitch receiver?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

How is the 1up on the crossbars? Easy to install/use? Have you tried using it on the hitch receiver?
Works well on the crossbar. The hitch receiver ones are serviceable, but you can't use the tailgate with a bike in the position closest to it, even with it tilted all the way down. It's kinda too close to the tailgate overall, and the position of it blocks the backup camera view pretty bad.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
aftermarket idea: replace the charging pad with a new pad that grabs the the phone.
Can likely just print something for centering your specific phone. Tbh the only chargers that have worked well for me are polestar and taycan and taycan is in an awful location. Others usually font work for larger phones, then add in case variables.
Sponsored