Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Does anyone know what the process is like if you also have a Tesla? I've got an early one with unlimited supercharging, and the UI doesn't look like the screenshots that @MidnightRivian showed. Do I need to create a new Rivian-specific Tesla account?
No. I have a Model Y and an R1T. I remember it was tricky finding the right menu entries but once I did it was easy.
Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Yep they really want that government money. I wonder if there is a time frame to rollout the 3500 magic docks? Hopefully there is so they pick up the pace a bit.
Government money is only for new charger installations, it has nothing to do with Magic Docks being retrofitted.

AdaminFlag

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 LR, 2016 Ford Expedition
Clubs

Does anyone know what the process is like if you also have a Tesla? I've got an early one with unlimited supercharging, and the UI doesn't look like the screenshots that @MidnightRivian showed. Do I need to create a new Rivian-specific Tesla account?
You just need to click on your account icon in the upper right of the app. From there, scroll the icons to the right and you'll see "Charge Your Non-Tesla". Click on that and you'll see the map shown above. I imagine if you haven't already (due to having free superchaging), you'll need to go into Account settings and add a card to your wallet. After that, you should be ready to roll...

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Government money is only for new charger installations, it has nothing to do with Magic Docks being retrofitted.
Hmmmm then I wonder why the magic docks? Doesn’t seem Tesla like since they are already making deals with other manufacturers to adopt their plug.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Also in Alaska, of all places.

Rivian R1T R1S Moab UT - Tesla Supercharger with Magic Dock is up! 1695345466620

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

How about the cable length on these? Remember the location of the charging port on R1's is drivers side front, so that means Rivian owners will need to: a) use the adjacent stall's charging cable and b) maybe double park.
Unless they could somehow access the charging stall from the opposite side...

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

waitingonanr1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 QM R1S
Also in Alaska, of all places.

1695345466620.png
The hard part is getting there in an EV. I did the trip in an ICE vehicle in 2021, would love to head up again in the Rivian. Charging is pretty patchy along most of the Alcan though - I think there's some sections that the only option for recharging is at RV parks. It would definitely add some more spice to the adventure!

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Hallelujah! Moab was a PITA a couple months ago. Planning to go back up in the spring.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
So odd. The erratic nature of this rollout is 1 part infuriating, 2 parts fun scavenger hunt.
The rollout is a bit odd.

It would be awesome if they focused on ccs deserts like Moab and the upper Midwest.

This will all be irrelevant for Rivian owners in 6 months when CCS adapters are available.

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I just checked the map and the only non-Tesla supercharger that shows up anywhere in the West is in Moab! I am hoping to hit the Rivian Adventure Network Supercharger in Grand Junction and then drive the overland route between Fruita and Moab. This would put me in Moab around Oct 10 to 13 depending on when we leave Grand Junction. Would LOVE to confirm that the Magic Dock is working for Rivians in Moab before I attempt this! And if any other Rivians want to join, please reach out!
If you're going to run the kokopelli trail, I'm in Grand Junction if you're looking for local info!

Jabbahop

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘14 BMW i3, ‘19 BMW i3, ‘22 R1T -> ‘24 R1S Max
Occupation
retired
There are way too many CCS deserts - no chargers, extremely slow CCS chargers, and/or unreliable chargers.
Sponsored