First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Not sure why they started with the sedan. The SUV probably would have been a better initial offering. Hopefully they can hold on until they can release it.

Their tech is decent, they probably will have more success licensing their tech.
They wanted to be the first to 500 miles of range and thought it would mean more to customers than it does. I completely agree, the SUV would have been the better business decision.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
RIVN had another good day, hopefully weā€™re finally at an inflection point where EV stocks performance starts to become decoupled from each other. Rivian is the only EV startup in a position of strength and the market needs to stop punishing them for the floundering of others.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Honestly I don't even know where they are selling the cars they make. In 38k miles in my Rivian all over the country I've seen less than 5.

Sponsored

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Honestly I don't even know where they are selling the cars they make. In 38k miles in my Rivian all over the country I've seen less than 5.
I think it depends on where you are, I canā€™t make it out of my neighborhood in Austin without seeing 2-3 Rivianā€™sā€¦but see very few elsewhere. Iā€™ve seen a dozen or so Lucids in Austin, they are pretty unassuming looking cars.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I actually saw more Lucids down the east coast and across the south back in February than Rivianā€™s. The most EVs other than Tesla I saw was the Ford lightening.

Iā€™ve only seen a couple Lucids in SoCal though.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The Gravity has same design as Air but sits higher with a hatchback. It will be DOA.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Iā€™m still rooting for them. I like what they are trying to do.

Sponsored

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Not sure why they started with the sedan. The SUV probably would have been a better initial offering. Hopefully they can hold on until they can release it.

Their tech is decent, they probably will have more success licensing their tech.
The Gravity has same design as Air but sits higher with a hatchback. It will be DOA.
Honestly, why is the Air not a liftback eitherā€¦ so much less utility with a standard trunk!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Honestly, why is the Air not a liftback eitherā€¦ so much less utility with a standard trunk!
Interesting, I did not realize it was not a hatchback.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Gravity looks like a minivan ... but an SUV would have been a better starting product than a sedan

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I think it's time for Lucid to find a company to acquire them. It's cool tech, and I hope the brand stays around. But it's hard to imagine them continuiing as a stand alone company.

The IP would be so much more valuable in the hands of an automaker that can apply it across a broad variety of vehicles. In particular, it could probably help jump start the EV programs of some of the OEM laggards.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
There are Lucid cars available "now" or as soon as "two weeks" according to its website. There is a Zenith Red GT I like. But then for that price I could build another garage.
Sponsored