First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I did and I’m more and more thinking that the color we see is NOT primer. Why have they shown so many colors and wraps. It’s not like they’ve been secret with anything. Just my 2 €

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I think the pictures are of a final color, but in the light of a factory, you really can't get a sense of what a color "really" looks like.

That said, we are Launch Green. Still wavering as we see more pictures of Forest in person. It is stunning, but Launch really gives you the novelty factor, which will be fun for at least the first year of ownership.

I know we are complaining about lack of color samples, but Tesla has NEVER had a real picture of a car on their configurator, and VERY few on the entire website. We bought out Midnight Silver model never having seen the color in person. It was quite different from the render, but still stunned.

Once the cars became more available, we saw the horrendous free black and $2000 gorgeous Multi-Coat Red. Companies are really selling themselves short by only rendering.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I won't be disappointed at all if the green-brownish color seen so often in factory shots is the Launch Green paint. But I'm on the side that thinks it is their primer coating because why would the origin of LG be how Rivian workers on the line really liked the primer look and suggested launching with a similar color. If that's the finished LG paint I'd sure be curious what that primer looked like.

SuperFan86

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I won't be disappointed at all if the green-brownish color seen so often in factory shots is the Launch Green paint. But I'm on the side that thinks it is their primer coating because why would the origin of LG be how Rivian workers on the line really liked the primer look and suggested launching with a similar color. If that's the finished LG paint I'd sure be curious what that primer looked like.

Only reason I would lean to paint is that primer is typically a powered/matte finish and isn't very durable. In the photos they clearly show a vehicle in the later parts of assembly, which they wouldn't do to a primer-only frame.

As you said though, these photos are from line testing, so it doesn't necessarily reflect actual line production process.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Page 1, Post 1 has updated photos of true paint color samples found by Goggling.. I posted five dark green shades that should encompass what "Launch Green" truly is once confirmed. You can vote in the poll for which paint color you believe is closest - or the one you wish it will look like. (FYI -those who voted for vehicle pics can change their vote to a named paint color instead).

Personally, I'm rooting for SWAMP MONSTER green! I really think this is a good representation.

For those believing the factory line shots already revealing LG paint, then FATHOM sure seems a very close approximation of that color (primer or paint).

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Swamp Monster

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Fathom

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
The picture here has a confirmed launch green truck:

Here is the pic:
Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Emu9lOyWMAAqW_f?format=jpg&name=large

Here is confirmation:
Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Capture.PNG

Cropped:
Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins LG

I saw this on club-rivian.com, but with the way they have their website set up, I couldn't figure out how to link to this specifically, but credit for highlighting this goes to them. I just went back to Twitter, found the picture, and scrolled through the comments.

To me, the primer pictures are much more brown. The photo of a shell that @kanundrum posted yesterday looks almost exactly like this.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
The picture here has a confirmed launch green truck:

Here is the pic:
Emu9lOyWMAAqW_f?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Here is confirmation:
Capture.PNG

Cropped:
LG.jpg

I saw this on club-rivian.com, but with the way they have their website set up, I couldn't figure out how to link to this specifically, but credit for highlighting this goes to them. I just went back to Twitter, found the picture, and scrolled through the comments.

To me, the primer pictures are much more brown. The photo of a shell that @kanundrum posted yesterday looks almost exactly like this.
You didn’t need to go to club-rivian for that. @Caymanwent posted that a couple of weeks ago on the Real Pictures & Videos thread here.

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

If this is really Launch Green painted, then it looks fantastic!

(also matches well with the "Swamp Monster" paint sample )

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins R1T supposed LG painted2

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Swamp Monster

Sponsored

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
I can’t believe this hasn’t made the list yet. It’s almost 2022 after all.

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 51Too-G11IL

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Soylent Green is People

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Can anybody that Tweets or Grams (is that a thing?) send RJ a message to bring out the Launch Green painted R1T for full glorious display... If that production line shot is truly LG painted then what can possibly be the reason for withholding a full reveal of a vehicle they intend to sell in 16 weeks?

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins F148214D-41AC-45BF-88BF-DDB7A767F4FC
Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins EEF3A1DB-161C-47DA-8161-02F4CDD87C7C

Saw this Lexus green while I was getting mine serviced at the dealership today. Looks similar to the telluride color, and I quite like it!

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
While watching the game yesterday I couldn't help but think to myself:

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612830851392
Sponsored