LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Like many, my LE Reserved R1T (or other's R1S) presently configured with "Launch Green" paint.
There's been enough images of Forest Green in shade mistaken for Launch Green spotted.
Until Rivian unveils the LG paint - almost surely to be different than Configurator shows it -
lets take a poll for most popular paint color closely matching your choice for "Launch Green"

NOTE: for those that voted when I used vehicle photos, feel free to change vote to a paint name

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Dark Olive

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Jaded Gree

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Swamp Monster

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Rock Moss

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins Fathom
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We also have this one photo. (I still think this is a photo of a Blue R1T they have photoshopped green.)

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

That's actually my screensaver image .... but I don't think its truly LG painted.
Why would they have a truck in Launch Green and not make it a featured R1T

I do hope it looks like that image!

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
I also believe that is an edited photo.

Back when it first showed up on the website, I asked them for a high res version to use as a wallpaper, and they were happy to send me the generic rendering from the color selection, but wouldn't send me a high res version of that. It also never made it to the media portion of their site, and some of the other very similar photos of the blue truck are on there.

Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Clubs

I also believe that is an edited photo.

Back when it first showed up on the website, I asked them for a high res version to use as a wallpaper, and they were happy to send me the generic rendering from the color selection, but wouldn't send me a high res version of that. It also never made it to the media portion of their site, and some of the other very similar photos of the blue truck are on there.
Agreed that something is up with that photo. The sun is behind the R1T, but there is no shadow cast forward of it.

canoemonkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Discovery Sport
Occupation
Nature-Based Solutions Project Developer
Hey Ya'll,

I've always been a bit confused as to why everyone believes the launch green is so elusive. Is the colour in this video not the launch green?

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612124701298

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612124737754

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612125041464

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612125067783

Maybe I'm missing something but I am pretty confident it is as somewhere RJ had mentioned that they liked their 'base primer colour' so much that they decided to offer it as a unique launch colour (something like that, couldn't find the exact reference). I understand these are not 'in the wild shots' but definitely show off the colour.

All good if I'm turned around on this, but wondering if anyone has the same impression?

I see it at similar to the Kia Telluride Dark Moss (there is one on my street) but in a more matte finish.

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins 1612125229786

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Those factory line photos / videos have been a matter of contention. Rivian has stated that "Launch Green" is inspired by their deep green-brown primer color. Most (like me) think that's the primer only. Others say why would some be getting near completed level assembly without already being painted. My guess is they are testing so many aspects of the production line that they may well be using primed-only vehicles and running them many times through the line to gather info, check fitment, try new ideas, etc.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Those factory line photos / videos have been a matter of contention. Rivian has stated that "Launch Green" is inspired by their deep green-brown primer color. Most (like me) think that's the primer only. Others say why would some be getting near completed level assembly without already being painted. My guess is they are testing so many aspects of the production line that they may well be using primed-only vehicles and running them many times through the line to gather info, check fitment, try new ideas, etc.
Yup, I'm assuming that is the primer as well.

If we were to see a photo of vehicles moving down the line, and one was blue, one forest green, and another in a primer-ish color, I'd be more inclined to believe it was launch green.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I had a ‘72 MG Midget that I had painted in British Racing Green and looked very similar to that Jag. That was a fun little car.

Laurent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
We also have this one photo. (I still think this is a photo of a Blue R1T they have photoshopped green.)
close-up

Rivian R1T R1S "Launch Green" paint stand-ins R1T-launch-green

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Not wishing to argue the authenticity of that single photo being a LG truck. Just asking the question if it is...... why just the ONE photo? Most all other test mules with state ID stickers seem to be showing up more & more. There are numerous pictures of the same truck(s). But only this one glimpse of Rivian's custom launch-edition, special color..... illogical, right?

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

REVISED Post #1 replacing vehicle photos with Green Paint samples found online that seemed most closely to represent shades mistaken for "Launch Green" color

Feel free to recast your Vote to pick your choice of paint name.