Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

Pre-order pricing will apply if you switch from R1T quad max to R1T dual max - but only because Rivian is not building the quad max that some of us configured.

However, there was no max option offered for the R1S during the pre-order days, so if you want an R1S with dual max, you'll have to pay current prices. Sorry.
Reading the Q4 2022 Shareholder letter:
"Deliveries of a ~400-mile R1 Max Pack variant are planned to begin in Fall 2023. We intend to make this configuration available to our existing preorder customers. We expect high demand and interest for this new offering. The R1S Max Pack will launch in a dual-motor configuration leveraging our new in-house designed and manufactured drive unit."

These statements suggest that pre-order customers would have access to the dual motor max pack. It just says R1, but doesn't specify R1T or R1S.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Hmm... I just visited Rivian service center today asking what the build date was for my R1S VIN 5095. I watched as he pulled it up on the computer screen: 3/23. So, if tk21 is in the 72XX range and also has a build date of 3/23, maybe tk21's R1S was built at the end of March and my VIN 5095 at the beginning? I guess that means over 2000 R1S were built in March? If other R1S are being delivered with VINs of >10,XXX, why does mine have a VIN that is almost 5000 vehicles earlier? Something doesn't seem right.

I am nervous about 2 things:
1. If the R1S was built in early March, why am I just now getting a notice that it's time to purchase? Why (and where) did it sit for 2-3 months?
2. Early build dates mean the assembly line has less experience actually assembling the vehicle properly. I hope to be lucky, but everyone knows the more you "practice" at something the better you get at it.
my vin number is the same range as yours and build in march as well. I took delivery late march of this year. Everything was good except for tailgate panel misalignment and some minor stuff, which they fixed within a few days when i put in the tickets.

You may want to ask your guide what is the main reason the vehicle sat there for 2 to 3 months if that is your main concern before delivery. it could be the first buyer backed out for financial reason or they waited for a certain part for the vehicle that got delayed

gregtay

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S LS/OC, '21 Escalade, '13 RS5 Cab
I’ve got 105XX heading out on a train to the Pacific NW right now. 👍
My R1S is 1009x and is also headed to the PNW. Limestone/Ocean.

Sponsored

Charzo

First Name
Char
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Teacher
Does yours have the All Terrain Upgrade? 11,XXX is the highest R1S serial number I've seen so far. And it's evidence that the factory is still spraying Launch Green in the paint department.

Rivian is apparently building some Launch Edition R1Ss specifically to be sold in the Shop. (If it's a Launch Edition with the All Terrain Upgrade, it was NOT built for a customer preorder because the ATU wasn't on the option list in November of 2020 when Rivian stopped taking preorders for the "special release," "limited configuration" Launch Edition.) As bizarre as it may sound, I suspect that Rivian is trying to pare down their inventory of wood dash trim pieces that have the Launch Edition emblem already attached.
Hi it did not charge for an All Terrain Upgrade (one of the reasons I grabbed it) but there were others on there that did. It has the underbody shield added on (which I didn't need or want, but didn't want to risk waiting for that config without it) and it still cost less than my original configuration because of no charge for the 20"AT wheels.

Sponsored

NormalLife

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A6, Audi e-tron
Occupation
Med Device
Just got my VIN. 115xx

coaster206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pathfinder
Occupation
Business
Prob one of the last LE’s… VIN 94xx

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
12k for VIN should be right around the corner if not already happening. There was a delivered 11k range R1S at my local SC on Monday. Was pretty surprised to see it.
Sponsored