latest VIN for R1S

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
Mine is in Normal waiting for transport. Guide said they are 2 weeks behind on PPF installs. Also said it's 10 to 14 days to delivery (from today).
Sponsored

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
88XX VIN for R1S matched in shop 5/11 for LE LG/OC/AT. En route from normal today!

PNW 02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Multiple
VIN 10,7XX Launch Edition GW/OC from the Shop on 5/22. Delivery timing is still TBD.

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
This may be a long shot but I am currently eyeing a used R1S with the VIN 76XX, it also only has 150 miles. Which is kinda sus that it was traded in already. It says that it is a 2023 Launch Edition but am not sure how to tell exactly when it was built? Attempting to confirm if it was built after the recent builds to make it even safer. Appreciate any help! :)

UPDATE: found built date.

Last edited:

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

This may be a long shot but I am currently eyeing a used R1S with the VIN 76XX, it also only has 150 miles. Which is kinda sus that it was traded in already. It says that it is a 2023 Launch Edition but am not sure how to tell exactly when it was built? Attempting to confirm if it was built after the recent builds to make it even safer. Appreciate any help! :)
Mine is 72XX (built 3/23) and has all that. Ask for the picture of the door sticker (shows build date) and/or decode the VIN (thread on that here)

Sponsored

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
Mine is 72XX (built 3/23) and has all that. Ask for the picture of the door sticker (shows build date) and/or decode the VIN (thread on that here)
Boom. I see it. 3/23. Thank you so much!

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

just got message that my R1S is ready for purchase after preordering in Sept 2019. Curiously the last 4 of the VIN are 5095. seems like this is a very low VIN. Some R1S VINs on this thread are 72xx or even 10,XXX.

any ideas?

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
just got message that my R1S is ready for purchase after preordering in Sept 2019. Curiously the last 4 of the VIN are 5095. seems like this is a very low VIN. Some R1S VINs on this thread are 72xx or even 10,XXX.

any ideas?
That is on the low side at this time. Who knows you may have the 12v under the dash and meridian speakers :)

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

any ideas?
Referring back to the very beginning of this thread in February (and the serial number that @LL75 got), your 5095 likely rolled off the assembly line in February. Rivian started delivering customer R1Ss in late August and early September. So the factory had at least 6 months of practice and experience before 5095 rolled off the line. Of course, there is the mystery of why 5095 apparently sat at the factory for 3-ish months before it was deemed ready for delivery. You'll probably never know. A likely scenario is that it was waiting for one missing part ... a part that had to cross an ocean on a container ship, etc, etc. Over on the R1S Shop thread, we've recently seen even earlier VINs suddenly appear as Shop inventory.

You've waited almost 4 years. Take it!

OP
OP

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Referring back to the very beginning of this thread in February (and the serial number that @LL75 got), your 5095 likely rolled off the assembly line in February. Rivian started delivering customer R1Ss in late August and early September. So the factory had at least 6 months of practice and experience before 5095 rolled off the line. Of course, there is the mystery of why 5095 apparently sat at the factory for 3-ish months before it was deemed ready for delivery. You'll probably never know. A likely scenario is that it was waiting for one missing part ... a part that had to cross an ocean on a container ship, etc, etc. Over on the R1S Shop thread, we've recently seen even earlier VINs suddenly appear as Shop inventory.

yeap. i'm sep 2019 pre order too and got delivered mid march of this year with the same range of vin. vehicle is perfect except for a few common gap panels (lift gate gap and minor door gaps). I do wished I have the 12v under the dash though. I don't have meridian speakers either, but I don't think I can even tell the different.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales

any ideas?
If it makes y’all feel any better, my R1S from the shop (confirmed 5/12) has a super low VIN. 003xx. Guide said it was built on 1/31/23.

Charzo

First Name
Char
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Teacher
Hi, lurker here. Just got shop access 5/23 and snapped up an LE LG RIS with VIN# 11,xxx. My guide said it had just been finished this month and is factory gated waiting for final inspection and shipping. He also said it has the new compressor and sound system (which I expected with a May build date). Just thought I'd pass the info along.

Tmack7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,Subaru Ascent
I’m at vin 43xx. Wondering if anyone has deduced roughly what vins were when various changes started. Aka vin 4000 and above have these changes vs 5000 and above have these changes? In the end the biggest concern is just why it’s been sitting for so long (damaged) or am I more likely to have to deal with fixes that they have adjusted in production that will result in me having frequent service appointments. Would like adjusted production and improved parts (pump, subframe etc..) over speakers and 12v plugs.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Hi, lurker here. Just got shop access 5/23 and snapped up an LE LG RIS with VIN# 11,xxx. My guide said it had just been finished this month and is factory gated waiting for final inspection and shipping. He also said it has the new compressor and sound system (which I expected with a May build date). Just thought I'd pass the info along.
Does yours have the All Terrain Upgrade? 11,XXX is the highest R1S serial number I've seen so far. And it's evidence that the factory is still spraying Launch Green in the paint department.

Rivian is apparently building some Launch Edition R1Ss specifically to be sold in the Shop. (If it's a Launch Edition with the All Terrain Upgrade, it was NOT built for a customer preorder because the ATU wasn't on the option list in November of 2020 when Rivian stopped taking preorders for the "special release," "limited configuration" Launch Edition.) As bizarre as it may sound, I suspect that Rivian is trying to pare down their inventory of wood dash trim pieces that have the Launch Edition emblem already attached.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

VIN 89xx here. Selected it from the shop on 5/11. May 2021 pre-order and fingers crossed we are picking it up this weekend.
Sponsored