Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

-squints- are those Mach E specs? Oh, worse?

3 row SUV with hatchback power train?
It’s like a $60K, 3-row, Nissan Leaf.

I’m starting to wonder if this was “leaked” in order to see just how little they could get away with giving their target demographic, for the money. Feedback should make it clear to them that they need to increase the specs or lower the msrp.
Sponsored

caliwagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Jeep Wrangler, Volvo XC90
Agree with other comments. This is very disappointing, but perhaps--hopefully--not reflective of what will actually hit the market.

I'd been thinking the EV9 would likely be our top choice between it, the EX90, and a pre-price-hike R1S for delivery in late '23 or early '24. If these stats and prices hold, it will be our last choice.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Looks pretty good. And actually pretty close to their concept! See how that is done, Ram? :asshat:

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
They are going to sell a tons of these. One of the best looking EVs hitting the market. Possibly the cheapest true 3-row EV.

Love the captain's chairs.

Sponsored

909phillyman

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian r1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Now they just need to post more-than-respectable specs for range on an EV9 model, (preferably AWD) at or exceeding 300 miles. With the specs leak showing the highest trim level only getting around 240 miles, I don't feel that that will be enough for most to ditch their ICE SUV...especially if Kia makes the recommendation to only charge to 75% (about 180 miles) daily.

I love the features, tech, and the presence of physical buttons...including start/stop, and volume buttons. Really love the internal layout and details, and I'm fine with the exterior looks as well. With them smartly including amenities like the power folding 3rd row, power adjustable 3r row seat backs, swiveling captains chairs, etc, this has the potential to be a huge winner and game changer. Among the many positives, the fact that it is using the 800v architecture for faster charging is a winner as well. I have been and will continue to be concerned about the likely dealer markups, especially if/because the EV9 will not qualify for the tax credit, but I'm willing to wait and see what final specs and pricing will be.

REALLY hoping to have the wife switch out her fully loaded Palisade for the EV9 since the R1S is overkill for her, but not sure this will be an option if range sucks. We'll see.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
They are going to sell a tons of these. One of the best looking EVs hitting the market. Possibly the cheapest true 3-row EV.

Love the captain's chairs.
The only true 3 row besides the R1s SUV. The X is a super fancy hatchback.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Now they just need to post more-than-respectable specs for range on an EV9 model, (preferably AWD) at or exceeding 300 miles. With the specs leak showing the highest trim level only getting around 240 miles, I don't feel that that will be enough for most to ditch their ICE SUV...especially if Kia makes the recommendation to only charge to 75% (about 180 miles) daily.

I love the features, tech, and the presence of physical buttons...including start/stop, and volume buttons. Really love the internal layout and details, and I'm fine with the exterior looks as well. With them smartly including amenities like the power folding 3rd row, power adjustable 3r row seat backs, swiveling captains chairs, etc, this has the potential to be a huge winner and game changer. Among the many positives, the fact that it is using the 800v architecture for faster charging is a winner as well. I have been and will continue to be concerned about the likely dealer markups, especially if/because the EV9 will not qualify for the tax credit, but I'm willing to wait and see what final specs and pricing will be.

REALLY hoping to have the wife switch out her fully loaded Palisade for the EV9 since the R1S is overkill for her, but not sure this will be an option if range sucks. We'll see.
With their high charging speeds, it's possible that a 240 mile EV9 is faster on a long road trip versus a 325 mile R1S.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
They'll need to drop their price by $10k for all trims......
MSRP is probably set with this in mind, should market conditions continue to deteriorate.
Sponsored