Kia EV9 Specs are out

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Telluride's still have 5k to 10k mark up. These will eclipse that...

If I can find a dealer willing to sell me one at MSRP...I might grab one for my wife.

I love my R1S but I'd be lying if I said i didn't miss my Telly.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I'm always shocked at how many people want a 7 seat car, but apparently it's a big market. This looks like a good option for those people.

Most of the people cross shopping this and the R1S aren't going off road in their R1S anyway.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
260 mi range. 400 hp. $73k estimated msrp (before dealer markups)

I’d buy a standard battery, dual motor R1S any day over this
Except you can’t but a dual motor R1S until late 2024 /early 2025 unless you already have one reserved. So there is that small matter…

Sponsored

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Tflev has a video talking about the EV9, and what blew my mind when talking about similar vehicles is they didn't remember the R1S is a 3 row suv even though they had one to test! I feel like they purposely 'forget' facts sometimes.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Just sad and embarrassing. A 76kwh standard range battery? A 99.8kwh max pack? A 9.4 second 0-60 on the only version that can potentially eke out almost 300 miles EPA? Well, that is dead on arrival.

If only, if only RIvian could get production up they would absolutely dominate this market - especially with the dual motor design.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Just sad and embarrassing. A 76kwh standard range battery? A 99.8kwh max pack? A 9.4 second 0-60 on the only version that can potentially eke out almost 300 miles EPA? Well, that is dead on arrival.

If only, if only RIvian could get production up they would absolutely dominate this market - especially with the dual motor design.
s00n. 2024 is the year for R1S!

Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

260 mi range. 400 hp. $73k estimated msrp (before dealer markups)

I’d buy a standard battery, dual motor R1S any day over this
People assume markup. I had my Kia for service a couple months ago. There might be some dealers that do it, but I've seen dealers go back to MSRP and some with discounts as thing normalize. ONE advantage Kia has over Rivian is their service wait time is in days or maybe a week vice the months some have advised here.

Folks also talk about specs. 1. Range is not all that far from what Rivian has. 2. I am guessing most Rivian owners do not need the 800ish HP so Kia's "underspec" for HP might be all an average Joe needs.

At this point, I've had luck with Kia's and I was interested if we could get it before the R1S as the extra interior room would be nice. My daughter said the Kia looks aweful and Rivian looks WAY better so no pivot for us.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
People assume markup. I had my Kia for service a couple months ago. There might be some dealers that do it, but I've seen dealers go back to MSRP and some with discounts as thing normalize. ONE advantage Kia has over Rivian is their service wait time is in days or maybe a week vice the months some have advised here.

Folks also talk about specs. 1. Range is not all that far from what Rivian has. 2. I am guessing most Rivian owners do not need the 800ish HP so Kia's "underspec" for HP might be all an average Joe needs.

At this point, I've had luck with Kia's and I was interested if we could get it before the R1S as the extra interior room would be nice. My daughter said the Kia looks aweful and Rivian looks WAY better so no pivot for us.
9 seconds 0-60, 280 mile range for their 100kwh pack is bad…

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
More specs,

Kia's EV9 electric SUV will offer Level 3 autonomy and a 336-mile range | Engadget

RWD Long Range model with a 99.8kWh battery will offer up to 336 miles of range on WLTP.
76.1kWh RWD Standard Range base configuration

RWD Long Range with a 150kW motor will be the slowest-accelerating model with a 0-62MPH time of 9.4 seconds.
The Standard Range edition with a 160kW motor will manage 8.2 seconds.
The AWD model will get a dual-motor 283kW powerplant that can normally hit 62MPH in six seconds and a "Boost" that delivers extra torque for a 0-62MPH dash in 5.3 seconds.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

9 seconds 0-60, 280 mile range for their 100kwh pack is bad…
Slightly slower than our Volt was. Which the last time I drove it and dropped the hammer was "holy shit I'm gonna die" slow, but when we first got it seemed pretty reasonable. If you never drive really fast vehicles you don't really understand how bad you have it.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I like what I'm seeing with the EV9 with everything except the range and acceleration. We've had Teslas with much better acceleration and at least as good range. One of the main things I wanted was more reliable range, which the Rivian has and EV9 doesn't. Also, I can hardly imagine having a vehicle that's so slow 0-60. It's not that I accelerate fast very often anymore, but there are times where it's very helpful. And the price isn't really enough better to justify it over an R1S. I really think the best comparison is the standard range R1S, because I expect them to have similar range, but the R1S will still be a lot faster and have other neat features. But, honestly, the market is so under-served, that people will buy whatever they can get their hands on.
Sponsored