OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
So I ordered Wednesday and was invited to configure Thursday. And I got an email today saying if I configured I’d get access to the R1 Shop. I’m not doing anything at the moment because I’m waiting for the Mad Pack but it’s interesting that it all happened so quickly.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
So I ordered Wednesday and was invited to configure Thursday. And I got an email today saying if I configured I’d get access to the R1 Shop. I’m not doing anything at the moment because I’m waiting for the Mad Pack but it’s interesting that it all happened so quickly.
Hmm any ideas what might be happening?

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hmm any ideas what might be happening?
I’m guessing just trying to push vehicles out of the R1 Shop. Preconfigured, parts available, rolling down the line and easy to sell. And hopefully I’d configure one similar to one in the Shop or accept a configuration that’s in there.

Last edited:

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
I’m guessing just trying to push vehicles out of the R1 Shop. Preconfigured, parts available, rolling down the line And easy to sell. And hopefully I’d configure one similar to one in the Shoo or accept a configuration that’s in there.
So, no more waitlist prioritization when it comes to the Shop? Just first come first serve, like Tesla’s inventory page?

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I saw one on the road the other day right at twilight and it looked great. I'm happy with my launch green, but I see a ton of them on the road. I thought I'd see more Silvers because it's usually popular and it was cheaper, but it's actually rare around here.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Why not get an R1S as well, so you have the entire lineup?

OP
OP

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why not get an R1S as well, so you have the entire lineup?
There’s only 3 of us in our household so no real need for that much space. Frankly, my X is more space than we need and I’d just as soon have my S back. But my never ending curiosity about vehicles prompted me to get the X. I likely won’t get another one though.

And I like the utility of the truck. Camping and hauling motorcycles the truck works well for me. I have a trailer for hauling motorcycles but the truck is way easier in many regards, including not being limited to 55 MPH here in CA.

And lastly, I like the look of the truck better. I like the S, just not as much.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

1st edition truck from a new manufacturer. I have needed a lot of service too, can't imagine the service costs would have been cheap without a warranty.
Pay the man! From someone who has lived through several first generation vehicles, including EV’s, I was in service a lot (because you are a beta tester like it or not) and my strategy moved to leasing initially and then either buying or leasing a later generation if I liked it enough and the OEM worked out the kinks.

That is why I am content to wait on my T for the power tonneau because by the time they deliver that they will likely be in gen 2 or 3…..

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Speaking of charlatan, I’m getting ready for the single stack Beta to come this weekend! 🤭. That should be interesting…
I’m still lmao! Nothing spotted anywhere!

Sponsored