Status
Not open for further replies.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

As to Tesla I can't imagine going back to Tesla because quite frankly these days Tesla is pretty boring. This is coming from someone who also owned a 2015 Model S 70D, and its still the best vehicle experience I've ever had (a lot of it was just the adventure of it at the time).

Not sure why the OP didn't realize that Hyundai/Kia is where its at these days when it comes to EV vehicles for us non-rich folks.
I'm of the same feeling. I had Tesla's from 2013 to 2022. Loved the cars. But, after 9 years, I was Tesla'd out and ready for something new and exciting. Today's Tesla still pretty much looks the same as did a 2012. Congrats to Tesla with selling so many cars, but where I live, they're a dime a dozen car. Literally. any given intersection I pull up to, there are 4-8 Tesla's. There's just nothing special about them anymore. However, i would still likely chose a Tesla over any of the big manufacturer offerings. All the big company cars have a generic feel to their interiors. Tesla's, and now Rivian's, just stand out from the rest. My Ford F-150 Lightning seemed like a great truck, but was very boring and felt like a dime a dozen big manufacturer vehicle versus the Rivian's more innovated UI and interior layout. So, while I like the look of several other EV's, after getting used to a Tesla (now Rivian) type of vehicle, hard to go back to a big manufacturer vehicle. Hard to explain, but there's just a big difference between them, regardless of how good the big manufacturer's car may be. Based on production numbers, Rivian's will continue to be unique for several years. For that reason, it likely will be my daily vehicle for several years to come. I really like the Cadillac Lyriq, but it again, has that mass car company feel once inside. Thus, despite it being a very nice vehicle, can't bring myself to buy one.

lennierb5

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Honestly I'm shocked by some of the negative responses here. The forum group is "Show & Tell: Rivian Photos, Videos, Build Journals". The user posted exactly that, a video detailing their experiences with their Rivian. Yes, maybe a brief text overview along with the video would've been nice but it's not hard to click and skim over topics you may be interested. in. The entire video is very positive of Rivian in general.

I hope he does purchase a cyber truck (even though I hate the styling) and gives a comparison of that to the Rivian as he would be a good fit to compare the two. No need to hate against other EVs.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Good luck @branden - you were one of the influencers that sold me on the R1T and I am absolutely loving it, so thanks for that!

Sponsored

ThisIsMyHandle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LS FE 22 Dark, Kia EV6 AWD GT-Line
I can't tell when my R1T locks if the birds are singing. Considering the option of selling....

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
Honestly I'm shocked by some of the negative responses here. The forum group is "Show & Tell: Rivian Photos, Videos, Build Journals". The user posted exactly that, a video detailing their experiences with their Rivian. Yes, maybe a brief text overview along with the video would've been nice but it's not hard to click and skim over topics you may be interested. in. The entire video is very positive of Rivian in general.

I hope he does purchase a cyber truck (even though I hate the styling) and gives a comparison of that to the Rivian as he would be a good fit to compare the two. No need to hate against other EVs.
Honestly, I believe that there may be a demographic or generational issue at play in the response. If this were a channel predominately skewing more millennial or Gen Z, the reception may have been somewhat less hostile. Expectations and animosity around social media branding and income generation efforts differ markedly by age, I think. Just a hypothesis of course.

Last edited:

509R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Clubs

Honestly, I believe that there may be a demographic or generational issue at play in the response. If this were a channel predominately skewing more millennial or Gen Z, the reception may have been somewhat less hostile. Expectations and animosity around social media branding and wealth generation efforts differ markedly by age, I think. Just a hypothesis of course.
I 100% agree with this and that’s been my hypothesis as well. Given the cost of these vehicles, the majority of people who can afford a vehicle at this price point at this moment in life are probably mostly Baby Boomers, Gen X and early Millennials. But demographic or generational differences doesn't excuse hostility or personal attacks on someone else, however. That's more indicative of an absence of maturity or emotional intelligence.

Last edited:
OP
OP
branden

branden

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - many EVs in past
Occupation
EV charging deployment
Honestly, I believe that there may be a demographic or generational issue at play in the response. If this were a channel predominately skewing more millennial or Gen Z, the reception may have been somewhat less hostile. Expectations and animosity around social media branding and income generation efforts differ markedly by age, I think. Just a hypothesis of course.
Based on only getting hostility here and not on Twitter, Facebook, etc, I fully agree with this conclusion.

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
The “hostility”, if it can be called that, is because people have a hard time separating the financial incentives from getting YouTube video ad money versus just stating here (in bullets or other) why he’s selling his car.

Nothing wrong with selling the car. But it’s the appearance of self interest in having people watch the video for financial reasons that rubs people the wrong way, and thus, the “hostility”.

Perhaps younger generations have accepted that “influencer” is a legitimate way to make money, but I don’t blame if people see it as less-than-wholesome way to make money.

IMO, video could have been summarized in less than 500 words for people to read in a few minutes

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Wasn't there already an hour(+) long video on this subject from the same guy just a day or two ago??

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Based on only getting hostility here and not on Twitter, Facebook, etc, I fully agree with this conclusion.
Or perhaps it’s because you included a one sentence summary when you shared on Twitter and didn’t just do a drive-by and copy/paste the video link 🤔

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Had to skip to the end of the thread… that was some negative shit up in here.

It’s a video. Chill.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I'm 38 and I cannot stand "influencer" culture. My son is 12 and he can't stand it either. Posting your video here hit and run style with no descriptors to generate clicks is akin to a telemarketer who makes unsolicited phone calls. It's obnoxious.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.