First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
This looks amazing!! I love the retro futuristic look. Cybertruck should take a page from them:

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 99C76CF6-797F-4E2B-A1C6-9D113D811E71

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 3BFDD574-CEC8-4918-9BE8-08DC6150F856

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 02BDC809-F9E2-4043-80E5-43827B7C0540
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Impressive! truly well done design language

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
I'll wait for my R1S...but this might be the one I get for my wife...looks a lot better than the VW ID.4 or even the Tesla Y

Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Considering ordering one as well, great list of features, wish the Genesis version was on same schedule

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Considering ordering one as well, great list of features, wish the Genesis version was on same schedule
There is definitely a lot to like here. The fast charging times, the ability to charge other appliances and even cars, and the versatile interior. I’m assuming the interior isn’t very luxurious because it’s a Hyundai, but would be very interested to see what the Genesis has to offer on this new platform. Rivian is still my number one pick, but this would be a great secondary car.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
There is definitely a lot to like here. The fast charging times, the ability to charge other appliances and even cars, and the versatile interior. I’m assuming the interior isn’t very luxurious because it’s a Hyundai, but would be very interested to see what the Genesis has to offer on this new platform. Rivian is still my number one pick, but this would be a great secondary car.
Yeah the 800v/400v systems and inverter are great, and the other thoughts are good as well. Being able to almost fully charge in 18 mins is really where we need to be until battery/motor efficiency improves by a lot.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
It's a great looking car. I'm a fan of the retro styling. It's shape is amazingly similar to the I-Pace. Same wheelbase and width with length and height within 2 inches. It has that same sloping hatch / rear end. Two very different, but appealing styles. I like them both, just not as much as either Rivian.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Although Hyundai did not announce pricing yet, that will be another very appealing reason. Getting all this design content (both aesthetic and content) for probably $30K under the Rivian price range - along with the same Fed Tax Credit that comes with it - is not easily overlooked. At least to those like me who've never purchased/leased a >$75K vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

The only 5 seater I'd consider instead of the Rivian.
Love that color, looks so damn cool! Hyundai does the cyber aesthetic much better than Tesla

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It looks like the Audi Q3 and the Ford Edge had an affair, or should I say an e-fair. Hyundai has been rapidly climbing the ladder in the auto world over the last few years and the Ioniq 5 looks amazing and has so much going for it. I'd never though much of the brand until a few car-loving friends told me stories of how much they loved the Hyundais they'd purchased for the kids. The brand continues to gain ground on many of the better-established and better-known brands out there, especially on the EV side.

I look forward to taking one for a test ride one day soon!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
It looks like the Audi Q3 and the Ford Edge had an affair, or should I say an e-fair. Hyundai has been rapidly climbing the ladder in the auto world over the last few years and the Ioniq 5 looks amazing and has so much going for it. I'd never though much of the brand until a few car-loving friends told me stories of how much they loved the Hyundais they'd purchased for the kids. The brand continues to gain ground on many of the better-established and better-known brands out there, especially on the EV side.

I look forward to taking one for a test ride one day soon!
Reminds me of an old VW golf, but I was watching a review and apparently the styling is a tribute to the first Hyundai designed car (the Pony). Basically - it looks like an 80s hatch back. Lol.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Reminds me of an old VW golf, but I was watching a review and apparently the styling is a tribute to the first Hyundai designed car (the Pony). Basically - it looks like an 80s hatch back. Lol.
Delta integrale ftw
Sponsored