First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Reserved 2x of them, 1 for me and one for my sister.
I reserved one too. I don‘t live in any of the states they are coming out in though, so I used my Aunt’s zip code will pick it up if I pull the trigger lol

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I reserved one too. I don‘t live in any of the states they are coming out in though, so I used my Aunt’s zip code will pick it up if I pull the trigger lol

Im right beside PA if that means I have to go over to grab it I will, weird rollout plan tho, you would think its a little bit per dealership not per state.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I just got a call from the concierge team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I saw the number and didnt recognize it so didnt pick up but then they emailed me too!!

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I also put in a reservation.
The Transaction ID they use eliminates the "What is my order number?" game ?
You mean the cat or baby smacking the keyboard ID? Yeah, it’s gibberish haha. I haven’t gotten a call from the concierge yet, but hopefully soon. I’m very impressed with the value of this car rings. The augmented reality headset is so cool!

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I just got a call from the concierge team ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I saw the number and didnt recognize it so didnt pick up but then they emailed me too!!
Man that’s fast service! I haven’t received a call yet, maybe they’re doing it by state, or region. I placed my order in Florida though, I live in the Midwest so it’s going to be a long drive lol

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
Really digging the exterior look of the car. Very retro/nerdy with the pixels and all that, looks fun. V2L is great and I think more vehicles should have that versatility. 800V is so great, really makes you question a 400V car as obsolete already. Maybe not quite that drastic, but hopefully every vehicle gets there eventually.

Little frunk is disappointing and I'm not a huge fan of the front seat area. ID4 and this just seem like they tried to make it futuristic and minimal with the little screens and the goofy shifters. and its just not my cup of tea, but others seem to like it so hopefully it sells well.

Overall, great first EV. Great to see car manufacturers prioritize things besides just 0-60 to make a great vehicle for a bigger audience. :like:

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

We should probably replace our commuter car soon since our 2012 Kia Soul has over 200,000 miles. Our Kia has been reliable and inexpensive to maintain since we bought it new so another Hyundai / Kia vehicle seemed reasonable. We configured and reserved an Ioniq 5 Monday night and we got a call from the concierge team within 5 minutes. I was impressed.

We still need a Rivian to replace our LR3 which has almost 220,000 miles.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I like the exterior styling of the Ioniq, weird as it sounds it reminds me of a Delorean.

I know this has been touched on in the past, but is the Rivian running an 800V architecture or 400? Let me guess "We are as excited as you, and can't wait to share those details with you soon!"

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I like the exterior styling of the Ioniq, weird as it sounds it reminds me of a Delorean.

I know this has been touched on in the past, but is the Rivian running an 800V architecture or 400? Let me guess "We are as excited as you, and can't wait to share those details with you soon!"

Yeap confirmed by Hyundai. The concierge team is really responsive.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Hyundai is doing a live walk-through of the Ioniq 5 on their main website. I was able to ask a few questions. This is what I’ve been wanting Rivian to do for over a year. They’re going to be back in 30 minutes so you can go ask your questions too, and they are going to have different people available to ask questions for the next week until the 10th. Very cool to see a live demonstration of the interior and exterior, and super o,pressed with Hyundai lately: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/us/en
Sponsored