Hyundai Ioniq 5

Canthoney

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
This looks amazing!! I love the retro futuristic look. Cybertruck should take a page from them:

99C76CF6-797F-4E2B-A1C6-9D113D811E71.jpeg

3BFDD574-CEC8-4918-9BE8-08DC6150F856.jpeg

02BDC809-F9E2-4043-80E5-43827B7C0540.png

Advertisement

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Min Countryman SE
Occupation
Director
I'll wait for my R1S...but this might be the one I get for my wife...looks a lot better than the VW ID.4 or even the Tesla Y

MisterTea

Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I love when the front seats don’t have a big console between them like this and the i3. It makes it feel A LOT more spacious.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Supra
Considering ordering one as well, great list of features, wish the Genesis version was on same schedule

OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord, 2021 Toyota Sienna
Considering ordering one as well, great list of features, wish the Genesis version was on same schedule
There is definitely a lot to like here. The fast charging times, the ability to charge other appliances and even cars, and the versatile interior. I’m assuming the interior isn’t very luxurious because it’s a Hyundai, but would be very interested to see what the Genesis has to offer on this new platform. Rivian is still my number one pick, but this would be a great secondary car.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicles
Supra
There is definitely a lot to like here. The fast charging times, the ability to charge other appliances and even cars, and the versatile interior. I’m assuming the interior isn’t very luxurious because it’s a Hyundai, but would be very interested to see what the Genesis has to offer on this new platform. Rivian is still my number one pick, but this would be a great secondary car.
Yeah the 800v/400v systems and inverter are great, and the other thoughts are good as well. Being able to almost fully charge in 18 mins is really where we need to be until battery/motor efficiency improves by a lot.

whyasky

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicles
VW Jetta
It's a great looking car. I'm a fan of the retro styling. It's shape is amazingly similar to the I-Pace. Same wheelbase and width with length and height within 2 inches. It has that same sloping hatch / rear end. Two very different, but appealing styles. I like them both, just not as much as either Rivian.

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Honda Clarity PHEV, Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Although Hyundai did not announce pricing yet, that will be another very appealing reason. Getting all this design content (both aesthetic and content) for probably $30K under the Rivian price range - along with the same Fed Tax Credit that comes with it - is not easily overlooked. At least to those like me who've never purchased/leased a >$75K vehicle.

Advertisement

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Rivian Versus Competitors 12

Advertisement