DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Reminds me of an old VW golf, but I was watching a review and apparently the styling is a tribute to the first Hyundai designed car (the Pony). Basically - it looks like an 80s hatch back. Lol.
I see a little of the Golf, as well, but went with it's richer cousin in the Audi, with it's seating for five(ish). No matter how you see it, I'm impressed by how strongly Hyundai has come on these last several years.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I see a little of the Golf, as well, but went with it's richer cousin in the Audi, with it's seating for five(ish). No matter how you see it, I'm impressed by how strongly Hyundai has come on these last several years.
No, that's a good point. I still can't wrap my head around the size of it with the wheel base being larger than that of the palisade.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm actually looking more at the cousin-car Kia EV6. I like the exterior styling more (always a personal choice) and the interior much more. The true high-performance GT edition is appealing. But neither of these Korean EVs are anything close to an "Adventure EV".

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 Kia EV6 exterior1.PNG

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 Kia EV6 interior1.PNG

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 Kia EV6 interior2.PNG

Rivian R1T R1S Hyundai Ioniq 5 Kia EV6 exterior2.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I'm actually looking more at the cousin-car Kia EV6. I like the exterior styling more (always a personal choice) and the interior much more. The true high-performance GT edition is appealing. But neither of these Korean EVs are anything close to an "Adventure EV".

Kia EV6 exterior1.PNG

Kia EV6 interior1.PNG

Kia EV6 interior2.PNG

Kia EV6 exterior2.PNG
The Kia has some serious style. The performance specs are unbelievable too, both are winners in my book. I would take the Ioniq 5 exterior with the EV6 interior. Definitely not meant for adventuring though, but maybe they’ll make a high riding SUV soon

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If my wife didn't absolutely hate the Ioniq style I would have. Rare situation where we are split on style. Lol.
I’m with you there. My wife hates the look of the R1T front end, and I think it looks pretty cool Lol. I am definitely interested in the Ioniq 5 as a secondary vehicle, has a lot of capability

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I’m with you there. My wife hates the look of the R1T front end, and I think it looks pretty cool Lol. I am definitely interested in the Ioniq 5 as a secondary vehicle, has a lot of capability
I think they made a mistake by not kicking out an EGMP version of the telluride/palisade to start.

My wife isn't a fan of the lights either. They've grown on me. Otherwise I'm pretty sure she'd be all over an R1S as her next vehicle.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I think they made a mistake by not kicking out an EGMP version of the telluride/palisade to start.

My wife isn't a fan of the lights either. They've grown on me. Otherwise I'm pretty sure she'd be all over an R1S as her next vehicle.
I bet it’s because they couldn’t secure enough batteries. I would guess they would need a minimum of 100-150kW battery pack to get decent amount of range for Pallisade sized SUVs. They could make 2-3 Ioniq 5s or EV6s with that. They will come though, I think they’re electrifying their entire mile range in the next 5 to 10 years like everyone else

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I bet it’s because they couldn’t secure enough batteries. I would guess they would need a minimum of 100-150kW battery pack to get decent amount of range for Pallisade sized SUVs. They could make 2-3 Ioniq 5s or EV6s with that. They will come though, I think they’re electrifying their entire mile range in the next 5 to 10 years like everyone else
Same. The cell constraint has made for some interesting decisions.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Definitely me! Seems like a perfect secondary vehicle.
I really like it as well, but not enough to buy it. I also think the sister car, the Kia EV6 GT, is an intriguing option...

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I will say, I don't like their screen arrangement. I think it looks cheap.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation