Headlight Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have resisted complaining about the service when needed. However, today I reached the point of not being able to hold back. I had a headlight go out this week. I live in the PNW where at this time of year I am mostly always driving in the dark and this week in heavy rain. I call to schedule service. The representative tells me that he cannot schedule service until I provide a picture of what is wrong. I'm like WTF? The headlight is out. I can't be trusted to know that my light is not lit?

Come on Rivian, this is just ridiculous.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have resisted complaining about the service when needed. However, today I reached the point of not being able to hold back. I had a headlight go out this week. I live in the PNW where at this time of year I am mostly always driving in the dark and this week in heavy rain. I call to schedule service. The representative tells me that he cannot schedule service until I provide a picture of what is wrong. I'm like WTF? The headlight is out. I can't be trusted to know that my light is not lit?

Come on Rivian, this is just ridiculous.
What part of the headlight probably matters for their servicing, but I actually have no idea if they don't just replace the entire unit. If the entire unit is out I'd check the wiring before sending it in.

OP
OP

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Entire stadium light on one side is out. In any event, it needs scheduled.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
They need photos so that they can try and get the correct parts to the service center before you drop it off, which should reduce the amount of time you’re without your vehicle. Also, depending on what the photo shows, they may be able to remotely diagnose and potentially repair.

Honestly not sure why it’s a major problem to snap a quick photo and upload it for them. What’s it take, 30 seconds?

Sponsored

OP
OP

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
They need photos so that they can try and get the correct parts to the service center before you drop it off, which should reduce the amount of time you’re without your vehicle. Also, depending on what the photo shows, they may be able to remotely diagnose and potentially repair.

Honestly not sure why it’s a major problem to snap a quick photo and upload it for them. What’s it take, 30 seconds?
Can you explain to me how me telling them that the light is out gives them less information than a picture of a light out? Pretty basic.

It doesn't take 30 seconds when you don't have the vehicle with you. It is going to take another 10 hours which will add at least another day to resolving this.

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
The "head light" is the entire housing. Picture should not be necessary, it's pedantic.

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

It's not so bad, just take a picture. It's for the service people to see it.

DetroitRed

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Edition
Occupation
Engineer
The picture is helpful to the technicians for parts and time planning. I fix things for a living and there's no way I can just trust a customer diagnosis, even for simple issues, and I often have engineers reporting the problems to me. A picture of the part failure or a screenshot of an error is worth so much more than a customer's description of the problem. To some customers, a headlight could mean the light bar, the fog light, or the freaking map light in the interior. You might be a knowledgeable person, but customer service team can't assume you know what you're talking about.

Sponsored

kozak79

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Visual Effects
Clubs

So when my remote computer stops responding, I need to reach out to my company support to reboot it. They won't reboot it until I first put in a ticket... 🤷‍♂️

diehlryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
headlight out could mean 100 different things. when I first read it I assumed the headlights that enable driving at night. you clarified its just the stadium light. those are very different when it comes to whats wrong and degree of the issue. headlights out > just stadium DRL out.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Can you explain to me how me telling them that the light is out gives them less information than a picture of a light out? Pretty basic.

It doesn't take 30 seconds when you don't have the vehicle with you. It is going to take another 10 hours which will add at least another day to resolving this.
If you’d ever held a customer service job, especially in automobile service, you would understand the difference between “customer states” vs actual photos.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So when my remote computer stops responding, I need to reach out to my company support to reboot it. They won't reboot it until I first put in a ticket... 🤷‍♂️
100% for tracking and trend analysis.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The left and right headlights are fused on separate circuits... could be just a blown fuse the OP can check himself..

Rivian R1T R1S Headlight Out 1701792749450

Rivian R1T R1S Headlight Out 1701792894610

Rivian R1T R1S Headlight Out 1701793050962

Rivian R1T R1S Headlight Out 1701793149058
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.