Sponsored

Guide stepping down

Akay07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache
I just recieved an email from my guide that he is leaving the company and I will be assigned a new guide soon. Just wanted to see if anyone else got this as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Guide stepping down Screenshot_20220802-141556_Email
Sponsored

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt
Yep, same guide

metroman99

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Chevy Volt

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I haven't heard from my Guide since before my delivery two months ago. Do people actually stay in contact with theirs after delivery? I only talked to him a couple times before delivery.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Reads like a form letter for the guides being let go.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Reads like a form letter for the guides being let go.
Is it normal for someone being laid off to be given a week's notice? I would think they'd be handed a box and shown the door on the day of the announcement.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Is it normal for someone being laid off to be given a week's notice? I would think they'd be handed a box and shown the door on the day of the announcement.

Guess it depends on the company. In this case with the announced layoffs I could see giving a set date that all the departures would be completed on or by. So it shouldn't be a new guide or X position giving a week's notice every week.

I'm interested to understand if they'll use this as a sort of reset on the whole guide function. There are a bunch of posts here and other places regarding folks who've had configurations soft locked with a guide contact for months but no real progress on when their vehicles will ship. I'm unsure as to what purpose those customer interactions serve except to frustrate at least one party. If there's so much capacity that they can effective keep quite a few people (judging only by what's posted) on the hook for months, then there's definitely more to be done to improve effectiveness.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
The old "want to spend time with my family" explanation is usually code for fired for those who may have signed an NDA....

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

It depends on what state you live in in addition to the federal laws.

If one is being let go due to business conditions rather than for cause, there are labor laws that require the employer to give certain amount of time/notification to the affected employees.

Its quite normal for an employee to be given a departure date well ahead of the current date.

Sponsored

sherold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S3, VW Atlas
Same guide and same message here. I had been trying to get ahold of him for 2 weeks and CS finally told me he was out of the office. Funny enough, last night I got my email to lock in my configuration and started the 8 steps today. I had a question about financing and during my convo with CS, found this message in my email from my guide. I am wondering how smooth this guide transition will be in the middle of the purchase process.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

RIVIAN is absolutely taking care of their laid off employees. They are giving them 14 weeks of paid wages and paid healthcare benefits through the end of the year.

I don't know if this Guide falls into that category, however.

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
Just got my guide go bye email! After I ordered another R1 at full price.

silby1383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I received a letter from my Guide that he was not going to be a guide any longer. Not sure if he is leaving the company or getting a new job within. My guide was Anthony.

howler99

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX 350
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I've had my R1T a little over 3 months now. I stay in touch with my guide. I think it's a nice "premium branding" touch for Rivian owners.

I try not to bug him too much. Judging by the news, deliveries are really ramping up now, so I'm sure he is staying busy!
Sponsored