Soupdc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon
Clubs

Those that have been lucky to receive their Rivian, mine is coming 6/30, what are the typical question you get from people stoping you to ask about it? I will enjoy this I am sure at first but may get tired of it before long. I am thinking about creating a card with the questions and answers for them to just hand over and move along. Not trying to be a jerk about it but don’t want to get to a point of having to answer same question over and over.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I answer all their questions generally. I like being an advocate. Most of the time it's just "how do you like it". Some people ask me if I think they could make an EV truck work for what they do. Which is an exciting question to answer, IMO. Everyone's situation is different.

Morpheus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3MR, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Servant Leader
Only been stopped once, driving through the parking lot in front of Racquet and Jog in Rockwall - and she was a Tesla employee who was considering an opportunity with Rivian and wanted to see it up close. Otherwise, you'll field questions when parked in public. I suspect you'll get a ton of looky-lou's, thumbs up, etc. Enjoy, you're going to love it!

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
So for the record, I now carry a loony tunes style sign on a stick that says “It’s a Rivian,” on one side, and on the reverse it’s says, “…Rivian.”

Anytime I get the normal slack jawed look of wonderment from a passerby I hold it up…

The most come question is “what is it, and who makes it?” The same people will ask you those two things repeatedly about a half dozen times.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I have never been stopped. i have been approached as I am getting into the truck and asked a few questions. Most of the time is folks who one the truck ands are thrilled to see one in person. I happily oblige them.

Honestly, I think the card thing is rude bordering on tacky. But maybe you end up getting talked to a lot more than me and it becomes unmanageable so you need some sort of option.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
The most come question is “what is it, and who makes it?” The same people will ask you those two things repeatedly about a half dozen times.
That‘s my experience as well, along with one question I got with the Bolt & Mach E

The usual intro goes like this:

What kind of truck is that?
It’s a Rivian

Rivian??? Who makes it?
Rivian. It’s a new company…kinda like Tesla

Where it made?
America… Illinois

Electric? No gas at all???
Yep … no gas at all 😎

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
That‘s my experience as well, along with one question I got with the Bolt & Mach E

The usual intro goes like this:

What kind of truck is that?
It’s a Rivian

Rivian??? Who makes it?
Rivian. It’s a new company…kinda like Tesla

Where it made?
America… Illinois

Electric? No gas at all???
Yep … no gas at all 😎
This is the same exchange I have daily.

I sometimes hide out till the people pass.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm going to assume people are more antisocial where I live. Not one person has come up to me yet, and I'm more than happy to be left alone.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Echoing others, "what is that?" is most common. I love blowing minds by putting things in the frunk. We also add 10 minutes to every trip for questions. "I saw you over at XYZ the other day and wanted to asked you then." Yeah definitely not me but sure thing, boss!

I've yet to see another Rivian owner in person, just passing by on roads, but can't wait till I see someone in a parking lot and get to ask them the same questions... 😈

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I don’t have mine yet, and I keeep trying to stop one when I see one. But I can never catch up to it…

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Honestly, I think the card thing is rude bordering on tacky. But maybe you end up getting talked to a lot more than me and it becomes unmanageable so you need some sort of option
I would disagree with the rude/tacky idea (is tacky worse than rude?) You have no obligation to interact with people who approach you, especially given the state of the world we live in..

Early Tesla owners did the fact card bit. I thought it was a nice idea at the time and as an early adopter was thinking about doing it to hand over while answering questions…but that was when I thought an early order meant I would be an early adopter.

iCarly❤ has us all covered now…

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I would disagree with the rude/tacky idea (is tacky worse than rude?) You have no obligation to interact with people who approach you, especially given the state of the world we live in..

Early Tesla owners did the fact card bit. I thought it was a nice idea at the time and as an early adopter was thinking about doing it to hand over while answering questions…but that was when I thought an early order meant I would be an early adopter.

iCarly❤ has us all covered now…
Just to be clear, it’s only for while I’m driving. :). If people come up to me outside the vehicle I’m happy to talk to them. It’s more a joke than anything. Everyone has laughed.

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've had lots of people stop, look, and want to know more. The most frequent question is "who makes this". I generally take a moment and explain Rivian is a startup company sort of along the lines of Tesla. Then, they generally want to know more about the truck, how I like it, how far I can travel, etc.

Was helping my parents pick up a piece of furniture today at the store. Warehouse guys though the truck was "bad ass" and really liked the looks of it. Another customer, who knew something about Rivian, asked me if I'd be willing to trade my Rivian for his new Silverado. I said "thanks, but not going to happen". We both laughed.

Be friendly and take it as an opportunity to interact with people and potentially help educate them a bit. Everybody I've interacted with has been friendly and genuinely interested. There's enough anger and antisocialness in the world today....I'm taking this as an opportunity to do a tiny bit to change it.
Sponsored