Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
“Im afraid I can’t do that, Rob”

ive read elsewhere here thst rivisn has said it’s to be added later. So who knows. Could be all sorts of reasons.

I’ll just keep using the regular garage door remote.
I was told it has the hardware and will be available when I was at Agua Dolce. It is the same guy that told me the tire pressure readouts were almost ready to be released so feel pretty confident he knew what he was talking about.

The person I was talking to actually called him over to answer questions, do not remember his name but one of the UI team members.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I can't find it now, but there was a thread talking about the telematics modules in the R1 with FCC IDs to components. One of them was an RF module from Chamberlin, so it seems like the hardware is actually there. They just need to enable it in software.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

“I’m afraid I can’t do that, Rob”
Will she become increasingly belligerent and start singing Daisy for me? I would appreciate the whole, “Life imitating art,” thing if that’s the case!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Missed this, thank you for posting. If this is accurate then it confirms RF-based communications.

Out of curiosity I looked up the FCC ID and found this user manual for the Chamberlain ARQ2, which supports up to 16 (!) devices. Of course I’m sure the software needs to support that many, but it’s cool that the hardware can. The manual specifically mentions touchscreen operations, which lends credence to the validity.

https://usermanual.wiki/Chamberlain-Group-The/97572-5214301.pdf

Sponsored

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
My Tesla has the option of automatically opening / closing my garage door as I arrive / depart. One day, while backing out, my girlfriend backed out of the garage right after me, the garage door was automatically closing and she hit it. Had to replace the door, paint it, etc. ~$2k. I then disabled the automatic opening / closing.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Will she become increasingly belligerent and start singing Daisy for me? I would appreciate the whole, “Life imitating art,” thing if that’s the case!
If you have an Echo device, ask her to open the pod bay doors. She will not be compliant! ?

davidaugust

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo V90, Toyota Camry
Occupation
retired
My Tesla has the option of automatically opening / closing my garage door as I arrive / depart. One day, while backing out, my girlfriend backed out of the garage right after me, the garage door was automatically closing and she hit it. Had to replace the door, paint it, etc. ~$2k. I then disabled the automatic opening / closing.

You can add a second set of photo eyes to the garage door at a height that would prevent a future occurrence if you enjoyed the auto open/close. Cheap and easy.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I believe I have mentioned this in another thread but I have bought and installed this at home because my rf wireless stopped working in my garage door opener but otherwise works fine. I was going to replace the garage door opener but contractors want $750 to install a new one. This was much cheaper and when I approach my house I say "Alexa open garage door" and it works amazingly well. Was very easy to install too

Lomota Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote, Tuya Smart Life APP Control, Work with Alexa, Google Assistant, No Hub Needed

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

You can add a second set of photo eyes to the garage door at a height that would prevent a future occurrence if you enjoyed the auto open/close. Cheap and easy.
That's not going to stop you from backing into a half-closed door you're expecting to be open. The first driver needs to be aware and hit the Skip button if they know someone else is coming out behind them.

OP
OP
nc10

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I still have MyQ opener in my garage, but rely more on the Tailwind I put in later. Never took the MyQ out. When I use MyQ to close a door, the MyQ box in the garage does start blinking a fairly bright light, and it beeps fairly loudly before it closes a door. Between the light and the sound, I'd think it would be helpful and prevent many accidental door collisions.

Unfortunately the Tailwind does not have a similar warning system. (The MyQ didn't work about 20% of the time when I told it to open and close the door, so I bought the Tailwind opener)
Sponsored