Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I'm an early 2019, and sometimes feel similarly; however, I also read all the posts with people having issues (sound not working & wind noise on passenger side seem to be very common) and the logical part of me knows that I'm honestly going to be happier being a couple months later.
You're right about the kinks getting worked out, that is the silver lining.

None of this would've been a big issue, but out of nowhere my 2020 LR Discovery was essentially "taken" from me by JLR who are buying it back from me after being unable to fix a electrical door locking/proxy smart key issue after 14 months of being in loaner JLR cars while my car was at various dealerships in multiple states.

So come Thursday I no longer have a car 😫

I was just gonna ride out the months in loaner cars until my R1T came (whenever that was, no big deal) and then settle/sell my Disco, but not any more.

So now I'm pissed of course... But at least I'm getting half my 2 years of car payments back in my pocket.
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

None of this would've been a big issue, but out of nowhere my 2020 LR Discovery was essentially "taken" from me by JLR who are buying it back from me after being unable to fix a electrical door locking/proxy smart key issue after 14 months of being in loaner JLR cars while my car was at various dealerships in multiple states.

I was just gonna ride out the months in loaner cars until my R1T came (whenever that was, no big deal) and then settle/sell my Disco, but not any more.

So now I'm pissed of course... But at least I'm getting half my 2 years of car payments back in my pocket.
Oh man, that sucks.

Make them pay you more - nothing sells for just MSRP nowadays :)

R1T-ME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Rouge, Subaru WRX
I am in Maine so I'm thinking about changing my delivery location to an area that has a local Rivian service center up and running.

I asked CS today and they would neither confirm or deny if that could possibly speed up my delivery (Nov 2021 order date) scheduled for OCT-DEC 2022.

What's a hotspot service center right now? Thinking Richmond or Brooklyn?

Pcr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC sierra
Occupation
Retired
I thought I might be first in Wisconsin, Alas no... perhaps second Wisconsin delivery early next week!
Having received my R1T, but having to switch from my 21" All Season to 20" All Terrain to make it happen, has me sending this...especially to any WI buyers that wanted the 20 AT's. I am putting Michelin 20" All Season on my R1T, since my travels are ALL highway. Anyone interested in buying my new 20 AT's, send me an e-mail at [email protected]. Living in WI, if it is a WI buyer I would probably work something up that would include delivery. Peter

OP
OP
bd5400

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I thought I might be first in Wisconsin, Alas no... perhaps second Wisconsin delivery early next week!
There is also an LE in Waukesha, but I'm not sure he's a member of the forum. Saw him post on Facebook so there are a few running around in WI already.

Sponsored

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
You know I thought Adventure had black mirrors not the trim color?
Explore package has the black mirror caps. Adventure and LE are body color caps.
Do Adventure models get the same yellow brake calipers?
Yes, yellow calipers on Adventure. I don't think the Explore package does, but I'm not sure.

Adventure package is identical to Launch Edition except for the special badge and the option to buy the Launch Green color. There were other pricing advantages to LE with the 20" AT and off-road package. But yeah the only way to tell the difference between LE and Adventure is to look at the badge on the dash or if it's painted Launch Green.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I am in Maine so I'm thinking about changing my delivery location to an area that has a local Rivian service center up and running.

I asked CS today and they would neither confirm or deny if that could possibly speed up my delivery (Nov 2021 order date) scheduled for OCT-DEC 2022.

What's a hotspot service center right now? Thinking Richmond or Brooklyn?
Wait, you reserved in November of 2021, have an estimated delivery of Oct-Dec2022 (~1 year after placing a deposit), and want something to arrive even FASTER?! Given how LR utterly failed you I hope you get your wish, but there are some on here who reserved ~3 years before you who may be, shall we say, less than sympathetic.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

TRUTH. Everyone taking an early build R1T is a beta tester and I'm happy to wait for you guys and gals to deal with all the issues so I don't have to! :sun:

KennyG

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Got my Adventure today too! Seemed there are some people that just can’t believe it.

DF6E9C1D-36A7-40BF-832A-6157B22DACD6.jpeg

F60931E4-B869-42C0-97C6-F5FD0725847C.jpeg
May of 2021 preorder and you took delivery already!?!? What the hell am I missing?

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
That's Explore. You can see it in the configurator. Launch and Adventure are exactly the same.
Yes sorry as quick as I wrote it I remembered. Thanks

1civilengr

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Touareg TDI, Honda Fit
Occupation
Engineer
Re the cruise control going away entirely: Tesla does the same thing. I honestly think it's a safety based decision. As much as I'd also appreciate a graceful reduction in capability, imagine all the accidents from people that are so used to the vehicle auto-braking.. Until it doesn't.
My 2016 VW Touareg is the same. My adaptive cruise control went out of calibration and I had no cruise control at all until I had it realigned & calibrated. I don't understand why these systems don't have a "standard" cruise control option available as a fall back.
Sponsored