First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
I haven't had the need to clean my windshield and use the windshield washer fluid until yesterday. When I tried it just kind of dribbled out. It never made it to the windshield.

Anyone else have this issue?

Everything else about the car is perfect so far!
Sponsored

Girldadx3

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Real Estate
Congratulations! I’m slotted for July-September. There’s been lots of complaints about the ride quality being very bumpy/bouncy. What are your impressions?

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Check to make sure your washer fluid hoses are tight. I've seen a few other reports of this in the early delivery days of the R1T.

Also, if can't fix it easily, call service. They have been fantastic at trouble shooting.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
It's normal. Most just spray right down at the bottom of windshield. You have to let wind push it up the glass. Just use alot.

Schmurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Clubs

I had this problem when I picked mine up last week: it just dribbled out, more of a spurt than a spray. Check for a kink where the hose runs from the body to the hood. It took a little tugging to situate right and not allow it to kink anymore. It has been much better since I did this, though one of my nozzles is loose. Service appt next week for that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ranieri

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
Congratulations! I’m slotted for July-September. There’s been lots of complaints about the ride quality being very bumpy/bouncy. What are your impressions?
I honestly have zero complaints about the ride quality. I keep it in all-purpose mode and auto ride height, and it feels like it should not be as good as it is. This vehicle is a dream to drive. I don't notice any porpoising.

I should have prefaced that by saying that I have not driven the R1T for comparison. But I have previously owned a Land Rover LR4, two Honda Pilots, VW Atlas, and Volvo XC90 Recharge, and it is better at everything than those cars.

HumanGenome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Also have zero issues with ride comfort, it's lofty but planted and definitely not bouncy. I'd say the only issue I identify with is steering in straight line can require some due diligence, it's a little too responsive at highway speeds. I think they addressed that in the latest firmware coming out soon though, going to have to give it a try..

Schmurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Clubs

I think the ride is great. I have the A/T 20s, so there is a little bounce, but it's a truck after all. Handles corners well, very responsive steering. No complaints here.

Girldadx3

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Real Estate
I honestly have zero complaints about the ride quality. I keep it in all-purpose mode and auto ride height, and it feels like it should not be as good as it is. This vehicle is a dream to drive. I don't notice any porpoising.

I should have prefaced that by saying that I have not driven the R1T for comparison. But I have previously owned a Land Rover LR4, two Honda Pilots, VW Atlas, and Volvo XC90 Recharge, and it is better at everything than those cars.
Awesome. That’s what I was hoping you’d say.
Sponsored