Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Very interesting thoughts. I don’t think people would fly in that’s insane lol
I’m just kidding, although I did drive 800 miles in one day just to see the R1T at Normal for the 1st Mile Event. Passion ≠ sanity ?
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I mean, I drove 2000 miles to go to a Rivian first mile event ?
Ha, you and I are in the same boat. I did that twice, 800 miles both times. I hadn’t been able to see the truck so it was well worth it. Just did it on a weekend

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Very interesting thoughts. I don’t think people would fly in that’s insane lol
Hi. It's me. An insane person who would consider flying in (because flights to New York are pretty cheap).

I mean...I probably wouldn't but at the same time I wouldn't rule it out. That tells me that there are likely many others who absolutely would fly in.

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Oh I have plenty of other complaints about Rivian's vehicles. The more I learn the more it seems Rivian has overlooked things that have come to be expected as a given in new SUVs and trucks: an integrated RF-based garage/gate opener, individual TPMS readouts, usable cup holders, CarPlay/AA, 360 camera views. I'm sure we'll discover more.
I just asked about the garage door opener after finding out that a $73k Tesla does not come with one and was told it has built in garage door opener

Is that not true???

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
So does it come with a built-in garage door opener?
If so how many?
I have 3
My newer vehicles NOT TESLA have 3 door capability
$600 Tesla option
?

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
@Iwantatesla thanks again for sharing the info!

Random map question that I was wondering about the other day. I know the map shows Chargepoint and EVGO chargers. Does it also locate EA and other DC chargers that may not be one on of the big networks?

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Thank you for continuing to add content.

You said to ask for what we would like to see? Maybe something/anything on phone apps would be good?

Proximity unlocking, controlling other aspects like opening the frunk, gear guard monitoring, etc. Basically, what can you do at this point and any demo you can do of the interface. Is there anything surprising that you can control from the phone? Charge bar and mirror puddle light on/off/intensity? Ride height (ease of entry)? Battery pre-conditioning? Heat and/or seat warmers?

Just some random thoughts. Whatever you do enjoy the ride!

Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant

For those who are interested!
I've heard mentioned here there is NOT a "top down" view (as if there were a drone above your car) of the car - which I have on my 2016 Nissan Rogue today (so I can see the parking spot lines when I'm backing up). I find this a really valuable feature.

Is that true today?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've heard mentioned here there is NOT a "top down" view (as if there were a drone above your car) of the car - which I have on my 2016 Nissan Rogue today (so I can see the parking spot lines when I'm backing up). I find this a really valuable feature.

Is that true today?
Yes. There's the proximity warnings, but no stitched together top down view.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I'm debating on having a NY meet up so some people can come check out the car. Is this a good idea?
I would prefer Arizona, but I understand that proximity could be a challenge....

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck

For those who are interested!
Loved it. Really appreciate what you are doing.

Do side cameras only show front wheels or you have options to see rear wheels as well?

Can you share what is under Update menu item? I am curious about what kind of control you have when and how the update is performed? If you can delay, skip one, roll back, …. anything you can share is appreciated.

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639803696004
Sponsored