DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I think rates were 3.49%. I ended up paying cash. I'll wait to do any "fun" stuff to it.
Iwantatesla,

Nice that you were able to pay it off up front. The best accessory on any car is the title in hand. I hope you're having a blast with your R1T!

Thanks for all of the time and energy you've put in to allowing us to live vicariously through you. I know I appreciate you for your input and the feedback to all of our questions. As a token of my appreciation, should you leave the country for the Holidays, I'd be happy to fly back there and rotate the tires for you.

No need to thank me. That's just what friends do. ?
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I never said it wasn't a seat, I said it is rarely used, so I can understand not trying to design for it like just about every other manufacturer. The Tacoma middle seat is even more rarely used due to being narrower, but the F150 is more often used because it's wider and many are used to carry max capacity on job sites. So again, it all comes back to what the vehicle is designed for.

That's also why SUV's with captain's chairs are generally preferred over bench seats, even in ones that have the width to have a useable middle seat. Personally, I'd actually prefer them to have an option to have a fixed permanent center console with additional functionality (like Porsche does in their Panamera back seats) or in the R1S, the removeable ones that are starting to show up in some three rows.
For some reason, this conversation about the middle seat in any car built after 1973 reminds of the disappointment we encountered as kids when three friends and I pooled our money to buy a four-man life raft. We had the genius idea of hauling the box unopened all the way into a high mountain lake, because it seemed it would be easier that way. It was after we got all the way up there that we discovered the raft only fit two people comfortably, three in a pinch. None of the four of us ever got our dream jobs with NASA. Go figure!

98% of my miles will be solo, so I'll never have to ride in that back seat, let alone that middle position. I love the thought of the Captain's chairs in the back, but the utility for hauling pet carriers and other goods (like four-man rafts up to the lake) would be limited.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Very happy about a non-employee delivery.
I'm a Dec 2018 preorder in the L.A area. Nothing too personal about sharing that. Would be great to know the preorder date on this delivery. Would give us all an idea of what to expect. First person in this forum that hasn't shared the info when asked. Odd.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Very happy about a non-employee delivery.
I'm a Dec 2018 preorder in the L.A area. Nothing too personal about sharing that. Would be great to know the preorder date on this delivery. Would give us all an idea of what to expect. First person in this forum that hasn't shared the info when asked. Odd.
I thought we had evolved past all this, we all know exactly what to expect. Why do you need to know one single person's preorder date, when Rivian has already given you your own personal delivery window? It doesn't matter if his was Nov 2018 or Nov 2021, it's useless information other than for you to feel butt hurt if it's after yours (which is clearly what you're after by leading with your info).

Regardless, he has said he has provided it to people directly/privately, probably to avoid people that look like this which is understandable:

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639673676733

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I thought we had evolved past all this, we all know exactly what to expect. Why do you need to know one single person's preorder date, when Rivian has already given you your own personal delivery window? It doesn't matter if his was Nov 2018 or Nov 2021, it's useless information other than for you to feel butt hurt if it's after yours (which is clearly what you're after by leading with your info).

Regardless, he has said he has provided it to people directly/privately, probably to avoid people that look like this which is understandable:

1639673676733.png

No, we all have known for a year that location/proximity to a service center > preorder date. It's just something I was wondering about. You presume too much.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

No, we all have known for a year that location/proximity to a service center > preorder date. It's just something I was wondering about. You presume too much.
With the delivery window data that is no longer the case. Only "extreme" locations like Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada affected the delivery window.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Stop trying to solve the puzzle that's already been solved is my point.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

It has to be scary for anyone taking delivery with an order date later than some of the earliest reservation holders. Arguably it doesn't matter as we have no control over the delivery order. The continued questions about reservation date makes people nervous and may reduce the interactions with others as they take delivery. Many of us want to share the excitement, joy and discovery of others as we wait for our own deliveries.

Sponsored

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Can’t we just be excited that someone got their truck and is sharing info about it?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
A copy of the Monroney sticker would be nice.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
......Would be great to know the preorder date on this delivery. Would give us all an idea of what to expect. First person in this forum that hasn't shared the info when asked. Odd.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the comment above. The OP has the right not to share this information and the commenter has the right to ask, but not answering the question leads to speculation.

I would be more interested in what his email stated delivery date was, rather than pre-order date, but both would be great. I have mine in my signature below. No problem for me.

Was his Rivian scheduled for Nov/Dec, or Dec/Jan, or anything later? I have to believe that it said Dec/Jan, since the letter was sent in November, but we'll never know. If his date was Dec/Jan and he received it early December, that's a good sign. Even better, is if his scheduled date was later than January, being he got it in December.

For me, it's not about proving whether the OP is a Non-Employee, or not, or how he got his vehicle. I don't care, but I am curious about whether Rivian is beating their estimation for deliveries, or not.

I think these are legitimate questions, but at the same time, I respect the OP for not answering if he chooses not to do so. It won't solve the speculation problem though, but that may not be concerning to him. Once again, I do appreciate his willingness to share whatever information he chooses.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I would be more interested in what his email stated delivery date was, rather than pre-order date, but both would be great. I have mine in my signature below. No problem for me.

Was his Rivian scheduled for Nov/Dec, or Dec/Jan, or anything later? I have to believe that it said Dec/Jan, since the letter was sent in November, but we'll never know. If his date was Dec/Jan and he received it early December, that's a good sign. Even better, is if his scheduled date was later than January, being he got it in December.
Given that the email with delivery windows went out in late November, I don't think there is any reason they would have given him any kind of ambiguous window and then significantly beat it when the delivery was only a couple weeks away. Nor is it an indication that they would continue delivering at the early part of the window just because they did on this one that was immediately after they set the production schedule and gave the guidance to everyone. By default, it's impossible that everyone in a two-month window could get delivery early in the first month anyway. Of course there will be deliveries early in the window, just like there will be some in the middle and at the end.

I understand that the anticipation to receive everyone's truck is palpable, but I think we'd all save ourselves a lot of headache to just sit tight and wait for our delivery window like we were told instead of trying to decipher if it will be early or late. Even if you were to read the tea leaves and predict one of those things happening, what then? Is there a prize at the bottom of that cracker jack box? I just hope it's worth it whatever it is....
Sponsored