Sponsored

Find your Rivian Order Number & Post it Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Interesting. So then, based purely on this fact, everyone is actually 1001 places earlier in line? (Might be a stupid question, but better to clarify)
Customer #1 would have order #1001 in Shopify so, yes, subtract 1000 to get your actual "place in line".
Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Google search results would seem to indicate that Shopify starts order #s at 1001 for a new store and increments from there.
I suspected it started @ 1000, but thanks for the confirmation!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Googled Shopify order number jump and found this from their support staff:
Are you currently using an "Edit Order" app? Doing some research, I was able to find out that missing order numbers in the admin it is generally caused by an Edit order app. When an order is created by one of these apps, the new order takes the next number in the sequence. If this is the case for your store, then this wouldn't be something we can alter or revert to keep the numbers aligned. It'd be best to reach out to the app developer as they may be able to provide further insight on steps that can be taken to avoid their app from causing this issue.
If they edited all the orders using an app on the date in question, it would effectively double the order number. This fits very well for the first jump, and could account for the second as well if they did another batch edit for the next "group".

It is also worth noting that an abandoned cart will use up an order number that will then be missing from the list. I doubt that there were ~19K abandoned carts in one night, but possible as hackers will yry many thinks to stress/crack a system. It is however likely that at least some carts were abandoned and the actual number of orders is therefore lower.

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Googled Shopify order number jump and found this from their support staff:
Are you currently using an "Edit Order" app? Doing some research, I was able to find out that missing order numbers in the admin it is generally caused by an Edit order app. When an order is created by one of these apps, the new order takes the next number in the sequence. If this is the case for your store, then this wouldn't be something we can alter or revert to keep the numbers aligned. It'd be best to reach out to the app developer as they may be able to provide further insight on steps that can be taken to avoid their app from causing this issue.
If they edited all the orders using an app on the date in question, it would effectively double the order number. This fits very well for the first jump, and could account for the second as well if they did another batch edit for the next "group".

It is also worth noting that an abandoned cart will use up an order number that will then be missing from the list. I doubt that there were ~19K abandoned carts in one night, but possible as hackers will yry many thinks to stress/crack a system. It is however likely that at least some carts were abandoned and the actual number of orders is therefore lower.
Numbers appear to jive for this scenario, you might have just figured it out!!!

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If they edited all the orders using an app on the date in question, it would effectively double the order number.
The problem I see with that theory is that all of our orders still reflect the original order number (for those of us prior to the jump). I can also see very little reason for them to edit these orders - there really aren't any details to edit.

Another potential reason for jumps would be if they imported orders from another system (which would continue to increment the Shopify order #) but I'm not aware of them taking pre-orders through any channels other than their web site. If this were an import scenario, that would imply the pre-orders actually exist but would not be sampled by this audience as we all ordered through the portal.

I think both of our scenarios are highly unlikely and the gaps in order numbers are still a mystery.

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey @DucRider , check this out, based on your assumptions!

Rivian R1T R1S Find your Rivian Order Number & Post it Here! 20200730_1308_Rivian Adjusted Order

Last edited:

loucetios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Toyota Spyder, Honda CRV
Occupation
Investor
Pre-Order #39193
Date: 12/26/2019

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Hey @DucRider , check this out, based on your assumptions!

20200730_1308_Rivian Adjusted Order.png
That looks pretty realistic.
Order#'s <~20K (or up to 12/20/19?) can subtract 1K for their place in line
After that subtract about 20K? @skyote can likely nail that down a little closer since he has the data in a spreadsheet

Sponsored

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Order # 16481
Date : 9/30/2019

NitroCorey

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SRX Cadillac Ford f150 Harly Davidson
I guess I waited to long to order, # 14,822. I wondered for a long time where I would be at in line, but now that I know it’s a good thing. My 30-year-old son told me it is a good thing because they should’ve worked out all the production bugs by then.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.