Sponsored

Expected R1S information

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
So, deliveries of the R1T have started (for non-employees) and so much info has come out about the R1T - including surprises and easter eggs (e.g. Bluetooth speaker). That said, it's high time Rivian's marketing team give some attention to the info starved R1S reservation holders.

Just some of the things I would like to know:

• When will we start getting a steady stream of updates (and videos) to the website ?
  • What are some of the improvements or unique features since that last public reveal ?
  • Any updates on the release schedule for the R1S ?
  • Can we expect any refinements to the UI or interior based on feedback from the earlier R1T launch?
  • Fundamental differences between 5 and 7 seater version of the R1S (if the 3rd row folds flat, then why is the purpose of the 5 seater) ?

The radio silence for anything R1S is frustrating.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
So, deliveries of the R1T have started (for non-employees) and so much info has come out about the R1T - including surprises and easter eggs (e.g. Bluetooth speaker). That said, it is high time Rivian's marketing team give some attention to the info starved R1S reservation holders.

Just some of the the things I would like to know:

When will we start getting a steady stream of updates (and videos) to the website ?
What are some of the improvements or unique features since that last public reveal ?
Any updates on the release schedule for the R1S ?
Can we expect any refinements to the UI or interior based on feedback from the earlier R1T launch?
Fundamental differences between 5 and 7 seater version of the R1S (if the 3rd row folds flat, then why is the purpose of the 5 seater) ?

i chatted with CS on Friday and they said R1s production in December with deliveries by 'late fall' (December 20?)

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Agreed, radio silence on R1S is very frustrating. I asked CS last week ETA on R1S interior blog post and they have no idea on ETA.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

My guess is that information will be slim to none for months.
The information that Rivian itself has provide on the R1T since "launch" has been abysmal and now with the IPO around the corner I think they have reason/requirements against providing any information.

Communication was bad before, get ready for it to drop off completely regarding anything that we would regard as substantial/new/helpful.

I would be happy to be proven wrong, but with their track record and for my own sanity, this is how I have to view it for myself. Otherwise my excitement for the R1S will continue to dwindle and I don't want that!

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
So, deliveries of the R1T have started (for non-employees) and so much info has come out about the R1T - including surprises and easter eggs (e.g. Bluetooth speaker). That said, it's high time Rivian's marketing team give some attention to the info starved R1S reservation holders.

Just some of the things I would like to know:

• When will we start getting a steady stream of updates (and videos) to the website ?
  • What are some of the improvements or unique features since that last public reveal ?
  • Any updates on the release schedule for the R1S ?
  • Can we expect any refinements to the UI or interior based on feedback from the earlier R1T launch?
  • Fundamental differences between 5 and 7 seater version of the R1S (if the 3rd row folds flat, then why is the purpose of the 5 seater) ?

What about the larger RIS Battery-2023?

Sponsored

brianmartin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Camaro 2.0t
we aren't hearing anything about anything until after the holidays, is my guess.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
At the event in Venice Beach today a Rivian employee said R1S wasn’t starting production until January.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
At the event in Venice Beach today a Rivian employee said R1S wasn’t starting production until January.
I plan to ask when I'm there today, too. I think the most _frustrating_ part is that now we're at a place where depending on who you talk to you get wildly different answers. The official S1 says on thing, executive staff say something different to press, Customer service is...well...customer service, and now the in-person staff.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Eagerly awaiting updates as well. Just finished installing my 2nd EVSE (Wallbox) in anticipation of getting the vehicle and to take advantage of the expiring 30% tax credit this year.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I plan to ask when I'm there today, too. I think the most _frustrating_ part is that now we're at a place where depending on who you talk to you get wildly different answers. The official S1 says on thing, executive staff say something different to press, Customer service is...well...customer service, and now the in-person staff.
Let us know what you learn, please. I sold my car prematurely this year for the R1S Aug launch, then the delay happened, and we're still mostly in the dark. I've been borrowing an older car from family that is not the safest for freeway travel at speed.

In July, I put a Model Y order in as a place holder in case R1's were further delayed past December 2021. I received my VIN for the Model Y this morning, so I need to make a decision.

I want the Rivian, but desperately need a car for business, now. In looking at Model Y resale, it looks like with the overall inventory shortage in the market, and new Model Y orders delivering in April 2022, I'd be at a breakeven or positive if the Rivian still delivered to me by years end, or Q1 of 2022.

Day one LE reservation holder in Los Angeles, but doesn't seem like those factors alone get you the car or invites to events any sooner.

Decisions...

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Let us know what you learn, please. I sold my car prematurely this year for the R1S Aug launch, then the delay happened, and we're still mostly in the dark. I've been borrowing an older car from family that is not the safest for freeway travel at speed.

In July, I put a Model Y order in as a place holder in case R1's were further delayed past December 2021. I received my VIN for the Model Y this morning, so I need to make a decision.

I want the Rivian, but desperately need a car for business, now. In looking at Model Y resale, it looks like with the overall inventory shortage in the market, and new Model Y orders delivering in April 2022, I'd be at a breakeven or positive if the Rivian still delivered to me by years end, or Q1 of 2022.

Day one LE reservation holder in Los Angeles, but doesn't seem like those factors alone get you the car or invites to events any sooner.

Decisions...
If you can use a 7500 tax credit fully and you just need a car now... go get a 40kw leaf. It'll get the job done for 6 months and you can sell it. After the credit you'll only loose a few grand.

Otherwise Volvo, Cadillac, and many others will rent you a car with a 6 month minimum for a very fair price via car subscriptions.

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S

Decisions...
If you need the car now, I'd say take the Model Y until you get the R1S. Resale in this market should be fine, you might even make money off of it, which is crazy. I'm betting that even with your LE reservation, in LA near HQ, you might get it end of January if they start production on time in December as mentioned in the S1. Just look at the T, production started in September, and we haven't really heard anything about any non employee trucks being delivered. So January is probably optimistic at best.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
If you need the car now, I'd say take the Model Y until you get the R1S. Resale in this market should be fine, you might even make money off of it, which is crazy. I'm betting that even with your LE reservation, in LA near HQ, you might get it end of January if they start production on time in December as mentioned in the S1. Just look at the T, production started in September, and we haven't really heard anything about any non employee trucks being delivered. So January is probably optimistic at best.
Agreed, and thank you. I decided today to move forward with the Y for the reasons you described on resale and timeline. This Saturday is home delivery.

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S
Agreed, and thank you. I decided today to move forward with the Y for the reasons you described on resale and timeline. This Saturday is home delivery.
Congrats! We want to do that as well, since I have no idea how long the R1S will take to get here, esp. cause we want the max pack variant that isn't technically out yet. But the wife said either Model Y now and wait until we have kid #2 or wait for the R1S lol. We'll have to see after the IPO what additional info. comes out and make a decision then.