Sponsored

EV Sportline Running Boards Rusting after 2 Months

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

I have the same plan with these sliders as I do with the ones on my other truck when they get scratched up. Spray on bedliner. Adds texture, protection from elements, easy to apply and touch up.

clownsmashd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - LE Green/20" AT/BM -- Chevy BOLT EUV
Occupation
Data Scientist/Engineer
Clubs

Came across this post a few weeks back when it was constantly below zero. Wife was cleaning truck today and says both sides are rusting on the running boards.

EDIT: added pictures. You can also see the screws used to hold down the step plate have the paint completely worn off too.

Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Running Boards Rusting after 2 Months IMG_20240204_123309645

Rivian R1T R1S EV Sportline Running Boards Rusting after 2 Months IMG_20240204_123339455_HDR

Last edited:

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have had the same EV Sportline Running Boards on Opal (our R1T) for six months. We have also noticed discoloration on the outer edges of the running board rails. We are not sure if it is rust or just degradation.

Brian

Jimbydude

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Honda Civic
Mine arrived few days ago and have yet to install.

I got them due to being made in USA and all the good reviews here on this forum so i'd def like to hear from them on this before unboxing. @EV Sportline

Sponsored

Runamok

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Quad - Blue - 21s
Clubs

I just placed an order as well. This thread is now making me nervous. :rolleyes:
With multiple reports, would love to know the cause of the rust.

From a customer perspective, @EV Sportline has always been responsive and made it right, but man I don't want to have to remove running boards and email back and forth.

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The step on one of my running boards started to rust after just a couple of months. I contacted the company and sent them pictures. They replied that shouldn't happen and sent me 2 new steps. No problem so far with the new ones.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Anyone know what the warranty is on the running boards? Couldn’t find on their website.

R1T311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Camaro SS, 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Clubs

Came across this post a few weeks back when it was constantly below zero. Wife was cleaning truck today and says both sides are rusting on the running boards.

EDIT: added pictures. You can also see the screws used to hold down the step plate have the paint completely worn off too.

IMG_20240204_123309645.jpg

IMG_20240204_123339455_HDR.jpg
Mine look similar, installed back in May of 2023, so first winter. Will be sending an email off to EV Sportline’s support email.

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Gang, we had a few parts slip through a while back that had a powder coat issue (it was too thin, applied by a new guy). Don't be overly concerned, it was a simple mistake and we've 100% replaced any that had issues. Just contact us and we'll swap it out! [email protected] is the best way to catch us - thanks again everyone!

Also, our warranty is 5 years; but if you had this issue, it shows up in short order (wont take years). We stand behind our product, always have and always will.

Sponsored

R1T311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Camaro SS, 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Clubs

Gang, we had a few parts slip through a while back that had a powder coat issue (it was too thin, applied by a new guy). Don't be overly concerned, it was a simple mistake and we've 100% replaced any that had issues. Just contact us and we'll swap it out! [email protected] is the best way to catch us - thanks again everyone!

Also, our warranty is 5 years; but if you had this issue, it shows up in short order (wont take years). We stand behind our product, always have and always will.
Really appreciate the transparency and communication. Don’t see it often. Will get some pics sent over today via the support email.

Thanks

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Solid company to work with based on their responses. I'm in the northeast and the running boards have seen their fair share of road salt this winter...the bolts are rusting away quickly.

The boards seem to be holding up alright thus far.

Question for the group - best way to clean these?

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Really appreciate the transparency and communication. Don’t see it often. Will get some pics sent over today via the support email.

Thanks
100% got you covered - rest easy!

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Solid company to work with based on their responses. I'm in the northeast and the running boards have seen their fair share of road salt this winter...the bolts are rusting away quickly.

The boards seem to be holding up alright thus far.

Question for the group - best way to clean these?
Soapy water, same as washing truck. No need for any fancy cleaners 👌🏻

For northerners, the 'salt' management is a challenge. I lived up north for 30 years. My 2014 Jeep rotted away due to the salt (3 sets of aftermarket bumpers rusted). I prefer to rinse the salt / snow off often. Salt is highly corrosive, so when it gets wet and warm on steel - bad things happen.

clownsmashd

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - LE Green/20" AT/BM -- Chevy BOLT EUV
Occupation
Data Scientist/Engineer
Clubs

IMG_20240204_123309645.jpg

IMG_20240204_123339455_HDR.jpg
No response from EV Sportsline to the email I sent them yesterday yet.
Sponsored