Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
As an early Quad/Max reservation holder I was told by my guide I can wait for the Quad/Max even though the configuration is not currently available any longer- and Rivian will honor original pricing. I'm pretty confident Rivian will honor this (unless of course they go broke beforehand). I imagine that there are relatively few reservation holders now left in this camp.
I will love this to be true but I also see little chance of this happening. If true and if they actually build it within the next year or so, I would gladly wait. But other than an occasional anecdote like this, from a random guide who may not know what they're talking about, we've gotten no official communication from Rivian that this is an option. I'm sure there will only be a handful of us left by the time this product is released - if it's released -and I'm sure that's intentional by Rivian.

The one time I reached out to my guide with a couple simple questions, I got zero response. Maybe I'll try again and ask them about this.
Sponsored

Nsblifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hybrid Touareg
As an early Quad/Max reservation holder I was told by my guide I can wait for the Quad/Max even though the configuration is not currently available any longer- and Rivian will honor original pricing. I'm pretty confident Rivian will honor this (unless of course they go broke beforehand). I imagine that there are relatively few reservation holders now left in this camp.
I sincerely hope this is true. I’d still much rather wait for my original quad/max order with original pricing and defer on this default-to-dual/max version. I’m ready to camp.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
I sincerely hope this is true. I’d still much rather wait for my original quad/max order with original pricing and defer on this default-to-dual/max version. I’m ready to camp.
As long as this has gone on and with (seemingly) most people opting for other available variants (or cancelling), I find it unlikely the quad/max will happen. It’s going to be tough for Rivian to justify the production and support of a fundamentally new variant for such a relatively small number of customers. I hope they make this for you and the others, but don’t hold your breath.

Rad_ry

First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Finance
I think the numbers are good. I believe the enduro units are a bit bigger than the quad units so it’s not a halfing of the weight. Plus there WILL be software improvements :)

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
There's zero percent chance of that happening. My guide said I could get the original pricing on the camp kitchen.
As long as this has gone on and with (seemingly) most people opting for other available variants (or cancelling), I find it unlikely the quad/max will happen. It’s going to be tough for Rivian to justify the production and support of a fundamentally new variant for such a relatively small number of customers. I hope they make this for you and the others, but don’t hold your breath.
As someone who would gladly wait another two or even three years for a quad R1T Max (at the preferred pricing of course), I have to reluctantly concur with the sentiment expressed in both postings.

I will however respectfully disagree with @Dark-Fx in that I don't think that the odds are zero. That's simply because, as my quantitative analysis professor back in college said, "There is no such thing as zero probability; our job in statistics is to determine the likelihood of the event in question occurring." With that in mind, I think we can safely rate the odds of a QM R1T Max at pre-March '22 price not at zero, but at less than approximately 0.0000000000000000000000000001 %

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

As someone who would gladly wait another two or even three years for a quad R1T Max (at the preferred pricing of course), I have to reluctantly concur with the sentiment expressed in both postings.

I will however respectfully disagree with @Dark-Fx in that I don't think that the odds are zero. That's simply because, as my quantitative analysis professor back in college said, "There is no such thing as zero probability; our job in statistics is to determine the likelihood of the event in question occurring." With that in mind, I think we can safely rate the odds of a QM R1T Max at pre-March '22 price not at zero, but at less than approximately 0.0000000000000000000000000001 %
Your quantitative analysis professor needs to learn about significant figures.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

So you're saying there's a chance! 😄

OP
OP
Dark-Fx

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So now that is certified will the actually start shipping them to customers?
The first customer units have already been produced, so I'd assume that means they were already in transit as well. Of course "customer" probably means Rivian employee for the first X number of cars.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

SIAP - officially official by Rivian, 352 miles of range for both vehicles

@usofrob -

Now that the R1T Dual Large on 21's has an official EPA rating of 352 miles, I wanted to point out that you were the first here to notice that the range of the R1T Quad Large on 21's in Conserve is a nearly identical 348 miles.

Rivian R1T R1S Dual Motor EPA Certification Application (Reveals HP, Efficiency, Range, MPGe Figures) 1686295558181

Seems like Rivian is anticipating the Max Pack will add about 50 more miles of range on the 21's.

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@usofrob -

Now that the R1T Dual Large on 21's has an official EPA rating of 352 miles, I wanted to point out that you were the first here to notice that the range of the R1T Quad Large on 21's in Conserve is a nearly identical 348 miles.

1686295558181.png

Seems like Rivian is anticipating the Max Pack will add about 50 more miles of range on the 21's.
I'm still trying to figure out how the Max Pack will only be "400" miles. It was supposed to be 180 kWh. They called it that for years. That would match up with it having 12 cells (since the Large Pack has 9 and is 135 kWh, so 15 kWh per). If so based on these Dual motor numbers, Max should have about 469 miles range. Speculation is they may have dropped that to 11 packs. But even then, that's would mean about 430 miles. If they dropped it all the way to 10, then we'd be looking at only ~391 mi, which doesn't make sense.

Or maybe they're changing to an entirely different battery with different density. Who knows. Well, I'm sure Rivian knows. They're just choosing to not tell us, even though many of us ordered a Max Pack and have been waiting for it for years now, and are trying to decide between a Quad Large from the shop vs continuing waiting for Max. If I knew what I was waiting for it would sure help!

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm still trying to figure out how the Max Pack will only be "400" miles. It was supposed to be 180 kWh. They called it that for years. That would match up with it having 12 cells (since the Large Pack has 9 and is 135 kWh, so 15 kWh per). If so based on these Dual motor numbers, Max should have about 469 miles range. Speculation is they may have dropped that to 11 packs. But even then, that's would mean about 430 miles. If they dropped it all the way to 10, then we'd be looking at only ~391 mi, which doesn't make sense.

Or maybe they're changing to an entirely different battery with different density. Who knows. Well, I'm sure Rivian knows. They're just choosing to not tell us, even though many of us ordered a Max Pack and have been waiting for it for years now, and are trying to decide between a Quad Large from the shop vs continuing waiting for Max. If I knew what I was waiting for it would sure help!
They could just be conservative until they get actual EPA numbers for the max pack.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE
I thought their estimated range for the max pack R1S is at least 390 miles. So.... Looks like 10 packs, at least until they actually tell us something.
Sponsored