Occupation
Medical

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Fits like the previous ones, this item also includes a strip of weather seal which may come in handy at the front or tail-gate depending on your alignment.

Cross bars fit, but are tight. Keep in mind that you canā€™t really lift the tri-fold cover if the bars are there.

237370A6-5797-4F68-9D9C-418D8B2F3E38.jpeg

F866C28A-6FB3-4648-8947-CF5ED73DD6E6.jpeg

1088FF00-E0D8-4EFB-B57A-3D703BDD514B.jpeg
Thanks for this confirmation! Ordered this same one and installed today. Snowing on it currently, so weā€™ll see how my alignment was in the morning šŸ˜‚

mmayur

First Name
Mayur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1t
Occupation
engineer
@krockett checkout this metal panel which made easy install with MAveric tripod hardware

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I am patiently waiting for the OEM manual bed cover panels and the 20ā€ dark spare tire.

Sponsored

Collyay

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, BMW i3, BMW 328i coupe, Subaru Impreza
Came up with this idea while reading through this post. Definitely some labor involved but only about $120 total cost. Vinyl fencing pickets, cut to length, then crush and tape both ends to fit in track. I took this route since I knew fencing can already withstand the elements, it's light-weight, wind resistant, and has a tongue and groove. It takes some cutting and finessing but it works! (I kind of like the white contrast but probably can be painted after properly prepped)

Rivian R1T R1S DIY temporary tonneau / bed cover? Bed1

Rivian R1T R1S DIY temporary tonneau / bed cover? Bed2

Rivian R1T R1S DIY temporary tonneau / bed cover? Bed4

Rivian R1T R1S DIY temporary tonneau / bed cover? Picket

Rivian R1T R1S DIY temporary tonneau / bed cover? Bed3

OP
OP
duessell

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Came up with this idea while reading through this post. Definitely some labor involved but only about $120 total cost. Vinyl fencing pickets, cut to length, then crush and tape both ends to fit in track. I took this route since I knew fencing can already withstand the elements, it's light-weight, wind resistant, and has a tongue and groove. It takes some cutting and finessing but it works! (I kind of like the white contrast but probably can be painted after properly prepped)

Bed1.jpeg

Bed2.jpeg

Bed4.jpeg

Picket.jpeg

Bed3.jpeg
This is the strategy I've come closest to pulling the trigger on. Which fencing did you use?

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
what do you mean ā€œcrushā€ the end? Like with a hammer? What did you tape it with?

Collyay

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Because the pickets are thicker than the track you need to cut the inner supports in the picket and the sides about the width of the track itself. Then ā€œcrushā€ it down and tape so that it slides easily into the track. Use a tape that is strong but smooth so that it will slide over the rubber gasket in the track easily. As I mentioned itā€™s a bit of work and finessing.

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
What did you use to cut the internal supports? I image utility knife or quality scissors would work. Also, what kind of tape? I think I have some Gorilla brand tape that would probably work

Collyay

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good pair of scissors, edges required something stronger. I used a hacksaw which I donā€™t recommend. Gorilla tape I tried but was too sticky on the outside to slide easily over the rubber. I ended up using white duct tape.

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
Good pair of scissors, edges required something stronger. I used a hacksaw which I donā€™t recommend. Gorilla tape I tried but was too sticky on the outside to slide easily over the rubber. I ended up using white duct tape.
I think Iā€™ll give this a try. Iā€˜ll try tin snips first, if that doesnā€™t work, Iā€™ll bust out the multi tool. I have some actual duct tape, the silver metal kind. Itā€™s super slick, but might damage the rails.
Sponsored