Sponsored

messinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Tech bro
Exactly two years before you ordered and I still don't have a vehicle. Patience is a virtue.
Paitence is a virtue but I think waiting over 2 years for a car is already far beyond the norm :p
Sponsored

Montucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Sprinter
What was your prior estimate?
It's always been "processing estimate" but an early call to customer service I was initially told Dec '22 - Jan '23. I've seen a few Rivians up here in Bozeman, so clearly they are delivering here but the email many of us got last year indicates that they are delaying shipments to those of us who are not near a service center. Note that I have an alternate address on my account for the SLC service center hoping that might help to accelerate my delivery by picking it up down there.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It's always been "processing estimate" but an early call to customer service I was initially told Dec '22 - Jan '23. I've seen a few Rivians up here in Bozeman, so clearly they are delivering here but the email many of us got last year indicates that they are delaying shipments to those of us who are not near a service center. Note that I have an alternate address on my account for the SLC service center hoping that might help to accelerate my delivery by picking it up down there.
I think you are like those in NC. Rivian started deliveries then realized issues with servicing so put a hold on further deliveries. So you plan to game the system with the SLC address?

Montucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Sprinter
I was gonna try. I always expected that I would need to travel to pick up the truck, so no big deal to catch a flight to SLC and drive it home (only 6 hours).. I do wonder how any service issues would be handled though as I'm not sure the mobile service up here is quite as good as Tesla. I see both sides of the coin on this one - waiting longer likely means that Rivian can work out the kinks in production, but at the same time I need a truck and 2 years out is a pretty long time to wait.

runwithscissors

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, MDX, R1S
Mine got pushed: 😭
July-Sept 2023
I wonder if it is because before January 15 I removed the underbody and switched from 20inch AT wheels to 21's
Maybe I ought to add the underbody again...
I didn't make any changes but wanted to add the underbody to supposedly reduce road noise and swap 20's for 21's to get under $80k for the possible tax break. Hoping that access to the shop in the next 6 months will yield better choices but I'm doubtful. Sorry that you're date slipped but maybe it'll catch up in 3 months.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I was gonna try. I always expected that I would need to travel to pick up the truck, so no big deal to catch a flight to SLC and drive it home (only 6 hours).. I do wonder how any service issues would be handled though as I'm not sure the mobile service up here is quite as good as Tesla. I see both sides of the coin on this one - waiting longer likely means that Rivian can work out the kinks in production, but at the same time I need a truck and 2 years out is a pretty long time to wait.
Exactly by picking up sooner (perhaps) you then have a 6 hour drive for service. A lot cannot be done by mobile so you are setting yourself up for trouble.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
I didn't make any changes but wanted to add the underbody to supposedly reduce road noise and swap 20's for 21's to get under $80k for the possible tax break. Hoping that access to the shop in the next 6 months will yield better choices but I'm doubtful. Sorry that you're date slipped but maybe it'll catch up in 3 months.
Yea I wanted the tax break, which is why I changed it, but it looks like it's not going to happen.
🤔 if rivian started a 2nd shift and are producing ~200 vehicles per day, why are delivery estimates being delayed instead of shortened?

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Yea I wanted the tax break, which is why I changed it, but it looks like it's not going to happen.
🤔 if rivian started a 2nd shift and are producing ~200 vehicles per day, why are delivery estimates being delayed instead of shortened?
If they are working five days a week then 200 a day is not that impressive now because with holidays that is 50k a year and the run rate for the whole of Q4 was over 48k a year.

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
If they are working five days a week then 200 a day is not that impressive now because with holidays that is 50k a year and the run rate for the whole of Q4 was over 48k a year.
On the last update they were producing less, but gave me April-june. Now they are producing more, yet orders are pushed out.

Sponsored

Bilbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Contractor
Perfect. Thanks for the insight!
I can confirm and was told that (we would get approximate dates this time) as well. We shall see. It was also confirmed that we folks here in NC were in fact getting pushed back because of our laws...not just no service centers. Some were delivered here and still are but have created problems. He did not say what those were.

GooniesNeverSayDie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xterra, CX-5
It does look like the delivery window is in one of the json responses from the server for anyone interested if you inspect it with the developer tools in Firefox or Chrome. My delivery appears to have been pushed back to Q4 2023 from Q3 2023. Not entirely sure why it doesn't show up on the page so take it with a grain of salt.

{
"estimatedDeliveryWindow": {
"endDate": "2023-12-31",
"startDate": "2023-10-01"
}
}

Ngrubb8242

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
i tried using the "web developer tools". i am not sure i am doing it right, could not find a date range.
there was this
<meta name="build-date" content="2023-01-27T18:05:45.474Z">

does that mean there is a build date?
I have the exact code as well

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

My preorder date goes back to Jul. ‘19. I had one from April ‘19 which I cancelled long ago. Is it seriously 2023 now? 🤣 At this rate maybe my Rivian pre-IPO shares actually will pay for the RS1 when it finally arrives.
Sponsored