Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
So curious to know if anyone has had any updates on deliveries in BC. Been refreshing on here a lot to see if anyone will update.
I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm still waiting on guide contact and config confirmation. I don't expect to see mine before the end of February (my ETA is Jan/Feb according to them).
Sponsored

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My first mile drive is Jan 13th. Iā€™m hoping they have some better idea of deliveries by then.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
My first mile drive is Jan 13th. Iā€™m hoping they have some better idea of deliveries by then.
Hopefully you can get some info out of them. Feb/Mar window here. So I don't expect to be hearing anything before the Jan/Feb folks (and mine is an R1S).

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Well it sounds like there is some traction going on... I bet we'll have a better idea over the next 1-2 months. I hope we find out what's going on with the supercharging RAN network (aka will there be one in GVA soon).

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Well it sounds like there is some traction going on... I bet we'll have a better idea over the next 1-2 months. I hope we find out what's going on with the supercharging RAN network (aka will there be one in GVA soon).
There will be/are DC chargers at the service centre

Sponsored

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Thanks - Iā€™m aware of those but more curious of the plans for level 3 ie along highways etc but sounds like we donā€™t have that info quite yet.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks - Iā€™m aware of those but more curious of the plans for level 3 ie along highways etc but sounds like we donā€™t have that info quite yet.
Their charging map no longer displays the Canadian locations. But IIRC it looked like it had Calgary/banff/jasper corrodor covered, TC into BC, and sea to sky. And a few on the island(victoria, Tofino)

now they probsbly have shelved all that to cover off the US

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
Their charging map no longer displays the Canadian locations. But IIRC it looked like it had Calgary/banff/jasper corrodor covered, TC into BC, and sea to sky. And a few on the island(victoria, Tofino)

now they probsbly have shelved all that to cover off the US
That's what I'm most worried about... I noticed the updated RAN doesn't list Canadian sites. I know that they are a fair bit behind. Would be nice (but too hopeful) to seem them start speeding up the process.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
I don't expect the DCFC RAN to have any real presence in Canada for another 3 years.

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I don't expect the DCFC RAN to have any real presence in Canada for another 3 years.
Not that this absolves Rivian of responsibility or anything, but BC has done fairly well with rolling out chargers from various providers.

The ones BC Hydro have put out are 50kw (not great, but good enough for a pit-stop top up?), and there are Electrify Canada stations along the TC and up to Kamloops. Those ones are 350kw as well. There's also some Chargepoint 50kw stations peppered around.

I would avoid the PetroCan and Shell ones, those appear to have the worst reliability. Chevron is putting out their own too but I haven't heard much about those in terms of speed/reliability.

Side note: My cabin is almost 465km away and I have a 14-50 outlet up there that's good to charge full overnight almost. If I'm lucky I could potentially get there on a 100% charge without needing a long charge stop along the way. I'll be sure to get some trip reports in on that!

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not that this absolves Rivian of responsibility or anything, but BC has done fairly well with rolling out chargers from various providers.

The ones BC Hydro have put out are 50kw (not great, but good enough for a pit-stop top up?), and there are Electrify Canada stations along the TC and up to Kamloops. Those ones are 350kw as well. There's also some Chargepoint 50kw stations peppered around.

I would avoid the PetroCan and Shell ones, those appear to have the worst reliability. Chevron is putting out their own too but I haven't heard much about those in terms of speed/reliability.

Side note: My cabin is almost 465km away and I have a 14-50 outlet up there that's good to charge full overnight almost. If I'm lucky I could potentially get there on a 100% charge without needing a long charge stop along the way. I'll be sure to get some trip reports in on that!
Iā€™ve been impressed with the ubiquitous nature of the bc hydro/flo chargers. MB hydro could do the same here, but the provincial government is doing all they can to keep them from being profitable.

50kw is pretty good for a rest stop.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Ontario is also adding quite an extensive charging network.

The Ivy network which was a collaboration of OPG and Hydro One, originally built outside the GTAH. These are primarily 50kW stations to serve the outer parts of Ontario and the cottage country.

Now this network is being expanded into all the En-route service stations., they are 150kW fast chargers.

You already have the Flo Chargers in Canadian Tire/Ikea parking lots.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Any one noticed this. All new Rivian orders are getting a late 2023 delivery estimate,
Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe 1674437832008

Is this Rivian being Rivian or do they actually have plans to ramp of deliveries in the next few months.

Does this also mean, the end of January for new estimates might actually get real estimates ?

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Any one noticed this. All new Rivian orders are getting a late 2023 delivery estimate,
1674437832008.png

Is this Rivian being Rivian or do they actually have plans to ramp of deliveries in the next few months.

Does this also mean, the end of January for new estimates might actually get real estimates ?
Definitely Rivian being Rivian.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

1674437832008.png

I reserved in late August and it said late 2023 at the time...they just haven't updated it. It should say 2024 imo
Sponsored

Reactions: VSG