Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Unfortunately none of the Toronto appear to be jobs that are in-field so they don't really give us an indication of an SC is close
Rivian’s primary software offices are in Vancouver, their first service centre is there too.

so it follows, if they’re opening an office in the Toronto area, that a service centre shouldn’t be far behind it.
Sponsored

Dcavalheiro

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad / Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
IT
Clubs

All my tentatives to move the delivery needle failed so far:

• Moved from R1T max pack to large pack - no change
  • Removed all extras like camp kitchen and power tonneau - they canceled and nothing changed
  • Converted R1T to R1S - same 2024 deliver window.
I have my preorder from may 2020 (I believe, it's so far ago that I don't even remember)

I am definitely not changing to a dual motor, even if they announced it will be available in 2023, in Canadian years this will be probably 2025

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going into an F-150 Lightning until the I get the Rivian in 2025. lol. My pre-order was May 2019.

Dcavalheiro

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad / Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm going into an F-150 Lightning until the I get the Rivian in 2025. lol. My pre-order was May 2019.
I bought a Tesla model Y in may this year just because I knew the wait line is insane.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I've had my Model Y for almost two years and I absolutely loathe it. Rattles all around the cabin, the heat pump failed last winter, and ride quality is abysmal. It's value seems to have tanked as well considering the huge gut of used inventory on Autotrader. I've been trying to get rid of it since March, but there is absolutely nothing available to replace it. Had my R1T order in since 2020, now going to be 2024, if at all. Had an Ioniq 5 pre-order, dealer started playing games so I canceled. Polestar 3/EX90 won't be available till 2024 either.

How is the government mandating 1/5 of all car sales be electric by 2026 if there is absolutely no way of getting one, especially if you don't live in BC,QUE,ONT?

Sponsored

HalliBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Nunya bizness
An R1T showed up in my cul de sac yesterday. Turned out to be the neighbor's daughter and son in law. They said they picked it up in Vancouver on Dec 24. Took me for a spin around the neighborhood, even with the OEM tires, it was very sure footed on snow and ice. Very impressive. He said they ordered in 2019, I think. Also said there were 8 or 10 vehicles at the Service Center, including R1Ss.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
An R1T showed up in my cul de sac yesterday. Turned out to be the neighbor's daughter and son in law. They said they picked it up in Vancouver on Dec 24. Took me for a spin around the neighborhood, even with the OEM tires, it was very sure footed on snow and ice. Very impressive. He said they ordered in 2019, I think. Also said there were 8 or 10 vehicles at the Service Center, including R1Ss.
Are either of them employees in Vancouver? Curious if they have started non-employee deliveries here yet.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Are either of them employees in Vancouver? Curious if they have started non-employee deliveries here yet.
That’d be a terrible commute

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
That’d be a terrible commute
Except it's Christmas....so could be just as easily the neighbour's son/daughter-in-law visiting from Vancouver. I would be surprised (but hey - it's Rivian....so who knows) if they delivered an R1T to someone living in Kamloops that far from the service center this early.

HalliBee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Nunya bizness
I don't think they live in Kamloops, LMD I think. He did mention that his company had done some work for Rivian, but they've had a reservation for quite some time as well (3+ years), so who knows......but I think this is a non-employee delivery.

Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Good to hear. I still don’t think any significant deliveries will begin until March’ish. Ontario likely won’t start till Q4. Still no major progress on the service center building.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think they live in Kamloops, LMD I think. He did mention that his company had done some work for Rivian, but they've had a reservation for quite some time as well (3+ years), so who knows......but I think this is a non-employee delivery.
i bet Rivian is deliberately delivering to people who aren’t on these forums specifically 🤣

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Lol. Probably true.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Lol, probably their way of screwing with the vocal ones !

aliasyvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40
So curious to know if anyone has had any updates on deliveries in BC. Been refreshing on here a lot to see if anyone will update.
Sponsored