Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Then again this is no different than the game that Porsche and Ferrari play. Just put a deposit down and we will let you know when your order comes up.

Nathan...
at least there you have an allocated production slot.

With the rivian preorder…no such animal. Read the terms.
Sponsored

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
True. But the way it’s been presented it’s BS. Spoke to Ford and explained it to them. They said the dealer isn’t allowed to do this. They’ve opened a case. Not sure what that means and the person said the dealership will be in touch.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
True. But the way it’s been presented it’s BS. Spoke to Ford and explained it to them. They said the dealer isn’t allowed to do this. They’ve opened a case. Not sure what that means and the person said the dealership will be in touch.
Ford will call the dealer principle and go “nice franchise you got there…be a shame if something were to…happen to it”

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I’m not holding my breath. I also found out that they should be honoring the reservation price.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m not holding my breath. I also found out that they should be honoring the reservation price.
Part of rivian’s appeal was not having to deal with dealers…but they’re just as obtuse

Sponsored

Stillwaiting786

First Name
Suk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1-S
Hi, I am in Vancouver, October 2021 order of large R1- black paint with ocean coast and dark wood. I have processing estimate and did not receive any emails in October. Is anyone in the same situation? Do you know why?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi, I am in Vancouver, October 2021 order of large R1- black paint with ocean coast and dark wood. I have processing estimate and did not receive any emails in October. Is anyone in the same situation? Do you know why?

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I had pre-ordered an Ioniq 5 and the dealer started playing games when the build was confirmed saying they would only sell it to me at a $10000 mark-up because they had so much demand. Got Hyundai Canada corporate involved and they said the only thing they could do for me is to move the order to a different dealer of my choosing and could not guarantee the price. Pretty sure this is what Ford would do.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had pre-ordered an Ioniq 5 and the dealer started playing games when the build was confirmed saying they would only sell it to me at a $10000 mark-up because they had so much demand. Got Hyundai Canada corporate involved and they said the only thing they could do for me is to move the order to a different dealer of my choosing and could not guarantee the price. Pretty sure this is what Ford would do.
File a complaint with VSA or OMVIC or whatever, that’s absurd

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
File a complaint with VSA or OMVIC or whatever, that’s absurd
Meh, I was never going to buy the car. But Hyundai dealers, especially in Alberta, have been really deceitful. Hyundai has a policy where any unsold preorders from dealers have to go back into the allocation pool, otherwise, they have to pay a $5000 penalty. What the dealers are doing is paying the penalty, putting the cars in inventory, and marking up the price holding preorders ransom. Hyundai Canada is aware of this. Not sure what they are going to do about it though.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Meh, I was never going to buy the car. But Hyundai dealers, especially in Alberta, have been really deceitful. Hyundai has a policy where any unsold preorders from dealers have to go back into the allocation pool, otherwise, they have to pay a $5000 penalty. What the dealers are doing is paying the penalty, putting the cars in inventory, and marking up the price holding preorders ransom. Hyundai Canada is aware of this. Not sure what they are going to do about it though.
Oh, so it’s the old “used” car trick. Car with a few hundred k on it, so it’s “used”, sell for over MSRP.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Just saw this posted:

Might not be a Canadian owner as he pronounced lake ontario as ontario lake.

Also saw additional job postings for the Toronto area:

Rivian R1T R1S Canadian delivery timeframe 1668450676359

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Just saw this posted:

Might not be a Canadian owner as he pronounced lake ontario as ontario lake.

Also saw additional job postings for the Toronto area:

1668450676359.png
Unfortunately none of the Toronto appear to be jobs that are in-field so they don't really give us an indication of an SC is close
Sponsored