Sponsored

Canadian delivery timeframe

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
From my email:
We plan to share more news on Max pack later this year, including an earlier launch for Dual-Motor + Max pack with deliveries starting in Summer 2023.
They didn’t tell me that, and I had a max pack!! I’d have waited a little longer.
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did anyone who hasn't configured get a delivery window? I.e. did anyone who put a despoit for a 'place in line' get one?
Doubtful, don’t see how they can provide a window without knowing what they’re building.

cdnlazer

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Clubs

They didn’t tell me that, and I had a max pack!! I’d have waited a little longer.
I'm somewhat perturbed by this. I've been a day one reservation holder for the quad-motor max-pack R1T, which I"m now told will be delivered in 2024, yet somehow, after my original reservation, they introduce a dual-motor max-pack that will be available sooner.

I will likely go in the history books as the longest holding reservation holder. 1433 days and counting...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm somewhat perturbed by this. I've been a day one reservation holder for the quad-motor max-pack R1T, which I"m now told will be delivered in 2024, yet somehow, after my original reservation, they introduce a dual-motor max-pack that will be available sooner.

I will likely go in the history books as the longest holding reservation holder. 1433 days and counting...
I do not understand why they didn’t just make a messages/notifications section in people’s account pages. Send an email saying theres an update. Banks do it, the fucking CRA does it…. Put it all in one spot vs. Trying to be clever and “targeted”.

Eti

First Name
Etienne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
it manager
I am a 10/20 reservation R1S LE in Gatineau Qc and receive a july to september 2023 delivery. My previous estimate yas H1 2023.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Did anyone who hasn't configured get a delivery window? I.e. did anyone who put a despoit for a 'place in line' get one?
From they Rivian Stories interview with Tony - Tony said that anyone who has a reservation but NOT a configuration did not get a delivery date yet.

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
I'm trying to figure out Rivian's delivery scheme for Canada, but I'm totally confused. I generally get that Earliest Pre-orders + B.C get you your truck in the first half of next year, But then there are 2020 orders in Quebec, Ontario, and one guy in Alberta also getting 2023 timelines. Also, orders from 2021 in B.C getting 2023 timelines as well?!? My best guess is they are sending >200 trucks here next year with only token deliveries for lucky early customers in (AB,ONT,QUE).

OP
OP

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I am a 10/20 reservation R1S LE in Gatineau Qc and receive a july to september 2023 delivery. My previous estimate yas H1 2023.
I'm trying to figure out Rivian's delivery scheme for Canada, but I'm totally confused. I generally get that Earliest Pre-orders + B.C get you your truck in the first half of next year, But then there are 2020 orders in Quebec, Ontario, and one guy in Alberta also getting 2023 timelines. Also, orders from 2021 in B.C getting 2023 timelines as well?!? My best guess is they are sending >200 trucks here next year with only token deliveries for lucky early customers in (AB,ONT,QUE).
Add to this early 2019 reservation holders like me without a date: will my “processing” result in an earlier date than these few 2020’s… or will the Rivian lottery strike in Canada as well?

Waterloo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2022 Defender V8, 2019 Porsche 911
R1S Ordered Sept 13, 2021 - Waterloo, ON
2024 delivery
LA Silver
Adventure Pack
Black Mountain Interior
$105,870 Configured Price

I am fine waiting and will keep my deposit with Rivian. I bought a 2022 Defender V8 in May and I am more than happy to keep it another two years. But, a lot can happen between now and then. Will my original configured price be honoured and how far behind in technology will Rivian be?

TeslaDom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD; 2018 BMW X3
Occupation
Sales
I wish that was the case for me, I got Jan-Dec 2024. I didn't think anybody from our area got a delivery date confirmation before 2024 (Originally I got 2nd half of 2023)

Sponsored

JuanValdez

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LA Silver on order... delivery Oct-Dec '23
My October 2021 BC order for R1S is a 2024 delivery date. So maybe a few token deliveries in 2023 but most in 2024 from sounds of it.
The R1T has evidently higher production figures so maybe they will be 2023 and R1S 2024?

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
I'm starting to feel some survivor's guilt here with my Jan-Feb 2023 delivery 😅

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
Got another call from Ford today. They prefer not to sell the lightning for cash. If I pay cash they want a deposit of $15k to hold for 6months to make sure I don't sell the truck within 6-months of ownership. Seems illegal on a cash purchase but I'm not a lawyer. Rivian has me looking to bail so checking out all my options. Definitely want an electric truck but my only choice is a Ford atm. Not sure what to do. Oh and FU Rivian.

JuanValdez

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LA Silver on order... delivery Oct-Dec '23
s. But, a lot can happen between now and then. Will my original configured price be honoured and how far behind in technology will Rivian be?
More time = more time to iron out bugs and issues as well. Maybe better to be R1S number 25,000 than number 1000 ?

As for alternatives, it sounds like most manufacturers will have a small supply pipeline except for Tesla who are years ahead of everyone else. Ford is has supply constraints with Mustang Mach-E + F150 Lighting. GM may or may not deliver when promised their EVs. The Hyundai and Kia are getting decent supply of their current smaller vehicles but still in short supply and long wait list at local dealers. Same with VW, not that many being delivered. Mercedes is way more expensive and who knows the quantities available.

There may be another 3 row EV SUV in the 18-24 months months but I doubt quantities will be sufficient to meet demand.

riptorncdn

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S Plaid, 2019 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Father, Husband and Business Owner
I love the EV market. Order many different cars and hope that the company either makes the car/truck eventually or doesn't go out of business.

I think Tesla right now has it right by getting as many cars out there as possible but I want a truck in addition to my daily driver. The competition will catch up pretty quickly and a tooling for it. Of course they will only drag their heels due to profit from existing ICE trucks making more money for the companies (they won't say this, they will say supply chain issues bla bla bla which is only partially true). They know how to build vehicles (yes batteries packs are hard but they are production companies) and will come on strong once they either figure out how to make more money with EVs or have to due to regulations.

Then again this is no different than the game that Porsche and Ferrari play. Just put a deposit down and we will let you know when your order comes up.

Nathan...
Sponsored