First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
If you haven't triggered it with a wake word, it's a crime to listen to your private conversations period. "Opting in" is not giving it permission to send any and all audio to the cloud. Also, it is clearly indicating when it is activated.
You might want to check what the terms and conditions are when you opt in.
Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
I would like to know how many of you who think Alexa is "spying" on you are also demanding that Rivian implement Dash Cam features ...

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I would like to know how many of you who think Alexa is "spying" on you are also demanding that Rivian implement Dash Cam features ...
Because local device recording is somehow relevant to this conversation?

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
My experience with Alexa in the Rivian has been mostly positive. I will say that my house is very automated beyond what most people have setup in their houses. I like having Alexa in the car, but I wish I could remember all the commands.

Sponsored

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Agreed. For me has been solid for car functions, making calls, changing the music. Location search could be better, but car gets better every month.
Are there examples of what car functions are supported currently by Alexa for the R1T? I just haven't played with it at all.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I find Alexa pretty useful. She can play songs from Spotify, play a radio station from tune in, make phone calls, turn off the rear climate, open the frunk and charge port door among other things.

drb19927

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4, R1T delivery anticipated 02/2023
Are there examples of what car functions are supported currently by Alexa for the R1T? I just haven't played with it at all.
For iOS users you download the Alexa app on your phone and sign in, giving it access to your contacts. When you hop into the vehicle the phone connects to the truck over bluetooth ( seamlessly in my experience). You can ask alexa in the truck to Call X and she'll do so with good accuracy over the speakerphone. She'll also start music in spotify in the truck on request. She also is integrated with good functions and can do things like "open the front trunk", "close the front trunk", etc..

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

But I use Alexa to open my garage door without having to fiddle with the on-screen controls.

Sponsored

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
I've only tried using Alexa to get an address on the NAV by either stating the address or asking for a specific business in my local mostly restaurants, 90% of the time it can not find what I'm asking. So far not a very good impression of the system.

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

If you haven't triggered it with a wake word, it's a crime to listen to your private conversations period.
I would agree that Alexa is some hot garbage, but I don't know what you guys are discussing that you're so scared about it overhearing. All mine would ever hear is "this motherf*** traffic" "g-d this traffic" "get out of the way with this sh** a** traffic" all day long. Besides, the privacy ship has sailed. Even your toaster is listening to you now. 😆

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
If it weren't for Alexa I wouldn't be able to easily listen to any of my custom Pandora stations.

thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Wait, what? I do miss Pandora in the Rivian. Can you get it to play Pandora? 😲
Sure can. Just ask Alexa to "Play 70s, 80s, 90s hits on Pandora", for example. As long as Pandora is linked to your home Alexa account.
Sponsored