Sponsored

CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least)

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
you gonna go no front plate?
Sponsored

OP
OP
time

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
you gonna go no front plate?
The front plate bracket didn't come with any screws so I'm going to ask for some when the truck has a service. I normally do run the front plate but it's not installed yet. Not excited about drilling holes in the bumper. Wish Rivian had a better front plate solution.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Because California is run by tyrants.
Yes, tyrants! I heard that if you don't put that sticker on yer truck, those tyrants will hunt ya down, confiscate your ve-hicle, and put you in jail. Damn them all! 😜

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Do they really police HOV violations in CA? I never see or hear of anyone getting ticketed for illegal HOV usage around Nashville, and I see it happening all the time.
Yeah most definitely. I've know couple of people ticketed for the violation.

With "penalty assessment", as someone noted earlier, the fine is well over $1K so its a money maker.

I used Xpel film cut to about 1/8 overlapping the sticker, then applied it to the vehicle on my Model 3. So sticker onto Xpel, then Xpel onto the vehicle. When expired this year, it came off (all 4) in less than 5 min without any damage or glue left behind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
The front plate bracket didn't come with any screws so I'm going to ask for some when the truck has a service. I normally do run the front plate but it's not installed yet. Not excited about drilling holes in the bumper. Wish Rivian had a better front plate solution.
I’ve never noticed folks going without until recently and it’s almost always a high end car and a TON of teslas now that they are so prominent on the road here. I wonder how many people get tickets tbh.

i do wish California trucks would come with the front plate pre installed as an option.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

I'm thinking about doing this.....
https://licenseplatewrap.com/

OP
OP
time

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
The fornt plate bracket screws into the center plastic part of the bumper cover. In theory you could just swap out that center peice later on to cover the holes. You shouldn't need a whole new cover. I can't tell how that center peice is connected to the cover. It's secure though and doesn't appear to pull off from the front. Probably clips from the back. I'm not going to take my bumper off for this but I suspect that's probably a soultion to our hole problem. Personally two round hole plugs wouldn't bother me if I ever took the front plate off. But also guessing that center front bumper plastic is probably not an expensive part.

I did move a high powered magnet in that area looking for metal . Was hoping it had a metal plate back there we could magnet the bracket on to. No dice. 😔 Rivian, if you're listening - 1/8" steel plate behind this plastic trim please and we won't need to drill holes. I'm not going to take the bumper off to add this though.

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220429_170946

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220429_170930

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
I’m over here in AZ loving that we found a really difficult solution of just having a cloud license plate. Oh, and that we don’t have any tolls. I seriously don’t understand why people are willing to put up with the toll racket in other states, but I digress.

Also excited I was able to snag this plate:
Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 1A53FB82-0832-4D81-9864-E742F5C3DA1F

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I’m over here in AZ loving that we found a really difficult solution of just having a cloud license plate. Oh, and that we don’t have any tolls. I seriously don’t understand why people are willing to put up with the toll racket in other states, but I digress.

Also excited I was able to snag this plate:
1A53FB82-0832-4D81-9864-E742F5C3DA1F.jpeg
OOF. That cloud plate is something else... Do you have to use that plate with an EV or can you just get a normal plate without the cartoon clouds?

Sponsored

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
OOF. That cloud plate is something else... Do you have to use that plate with an EV or can you just get a normal plate without the cartoon clouds?
You don’t have to have - you can get whatever plate you want. But only EVs can get this one, and you can only drive in the HOV with one person with this plate.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
You don’t have to have - you can get whatever plate you want. But only EVs can get this one, and you can only drive in the HOV with one person with this plate.
I see. So it's the AZ version of the stickers. Well at least you are getting a blue truck so it won't look too bad. And worth it to have HOV access.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

I've put too many of these HOV stickers on poorly before. I didn't want to make the mistake again so I spent way too much time measuring and taking angles. Trying to make sure its all purdy. I learned previously that If you just try to follow a body line the text tends to not be straight. I feel like it should read straight when you step back a few feet.

20220425_181029.jpg

Yes, yes... all good.. Both sides will match. Lots of fudging and eyeballing here.

20220425_182500.jpg

Looks like we have to put two on the front this year and zero on the back. Not sure how long that's been the rule but not very excited for that. Previously I skipped the front sticker but I figured I'd just do it and not have to worry about it being a future issue.

20220425_175436-1.jpg

Here they are in all their regulatory compliance glory! At least these placements seem to comply the best I can tell.

I ended up skipping all that measuring and eyeballed it. Looks ok.

20220425_185803.jpg

20220425_185747.jpg

20220425_185718.jpg

Up next will be my black CA plates with yellow letters when those arrive. Yellow is really the accent color (for CA at least)
if I may ask, did you have to wait till you got your registration to order the decals? How long did the entire process take?

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

my field tech said there was a mounting solution that clips into the grill without drilling. I will have to get that info.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
3M trim tape.
Sponsored