Sponsored

CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least)

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I've put too many of these HOV stickers on poorly before. I didn't want to make the mistake again so I spent way too much time measuring and taking angles. Trying to make sure its all purdy. I learned previously that If you just try to follow a body line the text tends to not be straight. I feel like it should read straight when you step back a few feet.

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_181029

Yes, yes... all good.. Both sides will match. Lots of fudging and eyeballing here.

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_182500

Looks like we have to put two on the front this year and zero on the back. Not sure how long that's been the rule but not very excited for that. Previously I skipped the front sticker but I figured I'd just do it and not have to worry about it being a future issue.

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_175436-1

Here they are in all their regulatory compliance glory! At least these placements seem to comply the best I can tell.

I ended up skipping all that measuring and eyeballed it. Looks ok.

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_185803

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_185747

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) 20220425_185718

Up next will be my black CA plates with yellow letters when those arrive. Yellow is really the accent color (for CA at least)
Sponsored

Last edited:

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Pardon my ignorance, but why does one need to put this sticker on a vehicle again?

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I've put too many of these HOV stickers on poorly before. I didn't want to make the mistake again so I spent way too much time measuring and taking angles. Trying to make sure its all purdy. I learned previously that If you just try to follow a body line the text tends to not be straight. I feel like it should read straight when you step back a few feet.

20220425_181029.jpg

Yes, yes... all good.. Both sides will match. Lots of fudging and eyeballing here.

20220425_182500.jpg

Looks like we have to put two on the front this year and zero on the back. Not sure how long that's been the rule but not very excited for that. Previously I skipped the front sticker but I figured I'd just do it and not have to worry about it being a future issue.

20220425_175436-1.jpg

Here they are in all their regulatory compliance glory! At least these placements seem to comply the best I can tell.

I ended up skipping all that measuring and eyeballed it. Looks ok.

20220425_185803.jpg

20220425_185747.jpg

20220425_185718.jpg

Up next will be my black CA plates with yellow letters when those arrive. Yellow is really the accent color (for CA at least)
Did you stick those on directly on the vehicle or did you use some sort of in-between film so you can remove it once it expires? I see old cars with those expired stickers and they do not age well. Look even worse if you try and rip it off since they are non-removable.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

Rob Stark

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla Model S
Pardon my ignorance, but why does one need to put this sticker on a vehicle again?
IF you want to drive in the California highway carpool lanes by yourself.

It is a privilege granted to EV drivers.

No one is required to put said stickers on their vehicle.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
IF you want to drive in the California highway carpool lanes by yourself.

It is a privilege granted to EV drivers.

No one is required to put said stickers on their vehicle.
Stark might be a lost cause but for the rest of you what’s being asked is why would CA force you do deface your vehicle in order to drive in the EV lanes? No special EV plate or plate decal or badge, or transponder or transponder sticker like other states have?

(I bet somewhere in the proposals is a non removable ‘Newsom for Governor’ EV decal)

-end of rant

OP
OP
time

time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
It's a tired debate. The stickers are required for special privilege and they're no different than displaying a parking permit, congestion tag, or commercial registration decals. Even Fastrak is a decal now. They save me 40 minutes a day on my commute so 100% worth it for my situation. No one is required to have these.

I've had vehicles with them continuously since the program started in 2005. I've removed them without any issue before. A body shop even perfectly swapped one from a wrecked bumper to another for me somehow. It takes a little time but they do come off the car cleanly.

I put these ones on the Rivian's plastic trim instead of the paint as it tends to be easier to remove on plastic. You can mess around with trying to use a film or magnets, but there is always risk of being hassled for it. You can be ticketed for a HOV violation for improperly displaying the tags, you'd have to decide if that's worth the ticket.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Stark might be a lost cause but for the rest of you what’s being asked is why would CA force you do deface your vehicle in order to drive in the EV lanes? No special EV plate or plate decal or badge, or transponder or transponder sticker like other states have?

(I bet somewhere in the proposals is a non removable ‘Newsom for Governor’ EV decal)

-end of rant
Pretty far stretch to make a hacky political joke.

Plenty of states have requires stickers for toll roads over the years. It’s nothing new. Nobody is forced to use them.

If you are advocating for more government tracking through the use of more cameras or tracking devices in lieu of stickers, I’ll pass.

Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Enjoy them while we can. The HOV EV program (Yellow stickers) ends for good in Sept 2025. There will be no more EV HOV access except with 3 or mote occupants

Last edited:

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
I just noticed the document that states Placement Instruction is actually different then the DMV web site... It uses to be one large sticker on each rear bumper driver and passenger side and then one small sticker front and rear. On my cars I just put the two large stickers on the rear and leave the two small ones off

Rivian R1T R1S CA HOV Stickers Match our Accent Nicely (for '22 at least) Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 11.06.20 AM

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Because California is run by tyrants.
Fuck that. I don't care what state I live in. If I'm going to put a stick on a car that costs this much, I'm putting a protective applique first, then the sticker. Not going to botch up the paint with that sticker gunk when I decide to peel it off in case I leave that state (thank God I live in FL. I would have told California they can kiss my sun-loving state ass).

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Not even Massachusetts makes you stick a non-removable sticker to a bumper or body panel of your EV for HOV access. Pathetic…

Have fun scrubbing next year when the program ends 🤣
Sponsored