Any R1S Delivery Updates?

Uno Nueve

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van, e-golf
“But my delivery window is closed (or nearly so) how can that be true?

CS: good question, let me check…

… your delivery window is still accurate and you’ll get guide contact soon. Also we are pushing out some deliveries and you’ll be getting a new delivery window asap, by last week at the latest. I love my job!”
CS adds: “R1S have been delivered and I see them on the line right now”
Me: “right…..”
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

CS adds: “R1S have been delivered and I see them on the line right now”
Me: “right…..”
Kyle from OOS counted 20 or so when he was inside the factory.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Kyle from OOS counted 20 or so when he was inside the factory.
20 or so? sounds like there are more EDVs than R1Ss at this point.

based on the tea leaves... i've got a feeling that the R1S will not be delivered to customers in 2022, only employees. which means Rivian is going to focus on the R1T and EDV heavily while at the same time try to persuade S order holders to switch to T. this will help them at least have a shot at getting to the 25K production estimate they gave.

Uno Nueve

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Van, e-golf

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Once again, Rivian is blowing smoke up preorder holders. Weren't we supposed to get an email with an update this week? Its already Frid and I've got nothing. The ONLY frustrating thing about Rivian is the dirt poor communications. The chat people don't have a clue or if they do they arent sharing. Promised emails just never happen. How F-ing hard is it to hire a communications person to speak for the company. Be transparent and keep me in the loop and I'll stand side by side with you. BS me and I get apathetic and will continue to drive my Tesla. One wonky thing about Tesla is that if you tweeted Musk, there was a chance you'd get a reply. Guess RJ is counting his 400 million dollars. And you know that takes time when you get it all in $20 bills. Wow, now i get the quiet. He's too busy counting to 4oo million.

Sponsored

nomis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S; Toyota Rav4
Clubs

jamiehobbes

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & Impreza
Occupation
Engineer
I saw an R1S in Mountain View Ca last night, no wrap, looked silver. but it was to dark to tell if it had dealer plates and I wasn't going to make a uturn and follow with the fam in the car. But I know no picks, it didn't happen.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition

based on the tea leaves... i've got a feeling that the R1S will not be delivered to customers in 2022, only employees. which means Rivian is going to focus on the R1T and EDV heavily while at the same time try to persuade S order holders to switch to T. this will help them at least have a shot at getting to the 25K production estimate they gave.
I doubt they'll have any trouble finding takers for the ~15k R1 units they plan to make this year even if they're virtually all R1Ts. With 90k+ preorders and a conservative 50-50 split between T and S, there's still 45k preorder holders for the T, with many of them on post-March 1 pricing.

I'm making my peace with the fact that it'll be early 2023 before I see my R1S. #SOCKS

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The amount of R1S activity we are seeing now is comparable to the amount of R1T activity we were seeing around November of last year. A similar ramp up would put us about 4 months from meaningful customer deliveries. There's no good reason for them to arbitrarily delay the R1S into Q1 next year. I'm expecting to see some September-October 2022 windows, or perhaps some as early as August-September 2022, so essentially a 6 month delay from the original delivery windows.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I guess I should've posted this here, but a potential silver R1S delivery in Los Angeles... If they did take delivery, obviously its nobody on this forum...

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/may-june-deliveries-thread.3954/post-156358
This is my Instagram. I saw it originally posted on FB, and the person I gave credit to said it was a friend non-employee delivery. Didn’t hear back further so I left it as a delivery not specific to an employee or not. Hopefully today we learn more.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
The amount of R1S activity we are seeing now is comparable to the amount of R1T activity we were seeing around November of last year. A similar ramp up would put us about 4 months from meaningful customer deliveries. There's no good reason for them to arbitrarily delay the R1S into Q1 next year. I'm expecting to see some September-October 2022 windows, or perhaps some as early as August-September 2022, so essentially a 6 month delay from the original delivery windows.
Agree, but the difference is that the R1T did not have to compete with another product that is already scaled up and using the production line, which the R1S has to reckon with.

Cactusone

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma Acura RDX corvette
Agree, but the difference is that the R1T did not have to compete with another product that is already scaled up and using the production line, which the R1S has to reckon with.
A production line that has trained staff and systems better calibrated and running way under capacity with the only major complication is parts availability. The spool up for the R1S will be much faster than ugly step sisTer imo.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The production line is not scaled up in the sense that they are only running it in bursts, about 3 days per week. There will be no issues injecting the R1S into the mix. The primary issues to scale are still supply chain and Rivian's own ability to move parts within their facilty.

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I caught a brief look of a fg R1S in NYC today. 36th and 6th. Didn’t have time to get phone out for pic. Looked legit. Thought my wife was gonna jump into traffic.
Sponsored