Sponsored

Any R1S Delivery Updates?

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
Checking to see if anyone has received an update on their R1S delivery timing? I signed my PBA about 7 weeks ago, 2 chats with Guide since that were still "optimistic" towards a late May / early June delivery. Reached out to guide yesterday who shared there is a Guide meeting with leadership tomorrow (5/27) and R1S delivery timing is a topic. Deafening silence with a twist of cryptic messaging.... but trying to stay hopeful and patient.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Checking to see if anyone has received an update on their R1S delivery timing? I signed my PBA about 7 weeks ago, 2 chats with Guide since that were still "optimistic" towards a late May / early June delivery. Reached out to guide yesterday who shared there is a Guide meeting with leadership tomorrow (5/27) and R1S delivery timing is a topic. Deafening silence with a twist of cryptic messaging.... but trying to stay hopeful and patient.
That at least sounds like progress, maybe that means we will all be updated tomorrow as well.

I’m guessing my June/July window slips to at, least August/ September if not a month or 2 later than that.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

In a call w CS yesterday, she said that the latest word they got was “there is likely going to be a shift from heavy R1T-focused production to R1S-focused production starting next month to meet deliveries early July” FWIW.

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I haven't received any word and I won't believe a thing that's speculated/said by guides/cs until we see a confirmed 8 step. Period.

They are effectively SAs and they'll always say some variation of soon to keep you hooked. R1S deliveries could be a year off (they're not) and I guarantee you they'd still be saying soon.

OP
OP
DinNC

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
In a call w CS yesterday, she said that the latest word they got was “there is likely going to be a shift from heavy R1T-focused production to R1S-focused production starting next month to meet deliveries early July” FWIW.
Super helpful. I will share the reply I receive from the Guide. Expectation setting is all I think most of us are looking for at this point.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DinNC

DinNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - LE/LG/BM/20” Dark
I haven't received any word and I won't believe a thing that's speculated/said by guides/cs until we see a confirmed 8 step. Period.

They are effectively SAs and they'll always say some variation of soon to keep you hooked. R1S deliveries could be a year off (they're not) and I guarantee you they'd still be saying soon.
In the spirit of keeping it light, it seems like someone could drop in a "soon.... that's what my wife says each night" joke here!

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I chatted with CS about my May/June LE R1S window. They said first that I’d get an update on delivery in a few weeks.

When I politely noted that they said “a few weeks” a few weeks ago and that I was halfway through my delivery window, so it seemed like this was a not-quite-official delay, they then said I was still on track for may/June and should hear from a guide soon. I won’t hold my breath. Hopefully we do get some kind of update by June 1.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
At this point I don't believe anything CS says regarding my order. I feel like I'm playing the labyrinth two-door riddle with Rivian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Executive
My guide was pretty upfront when we connected last week…. He said “definitely by the end of the year.”

I told him I valued his expectation setting, lol.

he was clear they are in employee delivery phase right now, which seems to be part of their final QA process.

Id say SOON!

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Same situation as you. Hoping for some additional information in the near future...otherwise known as soon! :)

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
No update.

Friday April 29th (the last weekday of my March/April delivery window), my Guide update was the below:

They are going to start customer deliveries end of May. They will refresh my delivery window within a few weeks (which is end of May). He is local in SoCal, but has heard from Guides in Normal, the R1S is coming off the line.

Tomorrow is arguably end-of-May, so I'd image we will get either positive news, or another noncommittal answer to our timeline sometime tomorrow. Was hopeful, we'd get an update at the top of the week, assumed it would be on Friday the 27th, which seems of be in-line with what you're saying about R1S delivery timing being of topic at their meeting tomorrow. s00n... maybe.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

That at least sounds like progress, maybe that means we will all be updated tomorrow as well.

I’m guessing my June/July window slips to at, least August/ September if not a month or 2 later than that.
As someone who's sat in a few of those meetings as the sales person, I'll say that you never get good news out of a meeting like that. Good news goes out in an email right away. Bad news gets a meeting scheduled to make sure everyone hears it at the same time.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
As someone who's sat in a few of those meetings as the sales person, I'll say that you never get good news out of a meeting like that. Good news goes out in an email right away. Bad news gets a meeting scheduled to make sure everyone hears it at the same time.
At this point any news is good news… 😎

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

Does anyone believe they will make meaningful amount of R1S's until q3?

Sure a few will roll off the line in downtime as they need to work out the kinks....

But

a) they are no longer releasing production numbers outside of quarterly report
b) they know how to make r1t's a lot faster than r1s's
c) they are producing and delivering r1t's in batch regardless of customizations and pre-order dates

All signs point to crushing the r1t production number to be able to announce
a) higher than expected production growth
b) get more trucks in customer hands than ford

From a stock and company perception they need to beat the higher end ford numbers for the remainder of 2022

If you want to maximize efficiency, you minimize unknowns (see above points)

R1T's for at least the rest of the quarter, and R1S will probably be that 2nd shift starting in July....

or that's my analysis... back to wishing I had pre-ordered both knowing this could happen...

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
While i don't want there to be another delay. At this point I want *something* from them about our updated delivery timeline. Even if the news was a delay, but there was a firm new date - I can stop guessing about when I will actually get a delivery.

Bad news on timelines sucks - but right now, no news is 100x worse IMO. Especially when people who pre-ordered an R1T a month ago are getting deliveries ahead of other pre-orders. Makes me think that the same nonsense is going to happen for R1S deliveries too once they kick off.
Sponsored