Any leaks around 2024.15 yet?

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
It was interesting that on the call today RJ mentioned how owners love the updates and that there are communities online that follow this stuff.

I wonder if he was at least a little bit tempted to call us all a bunch of crazies who freak out if updates aren’t kept to a schedule that Rivian never promised. Instead, he indicated they plan to continue with update after update.
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
This is the entirety of what you said:

The way this is worded, in plain English, makes it clear that you are not questioning whether there is a "slowdown" - instead you are providing three items of speculation on WHY there is a "slowdown".

Each item you present has a question mark indicating that you aren't sure whether that item is a contributing factor. But none of those are relevant or even possible unless you accept the notion of a "slowdown".

You do not present ANY skepticism of a "slowdown".

So I think it's perfectly logical for any reader, after seeing post after post concluding a "slowdown" based on nothing, that your follow-on post, as worded, has accepted the fact of a slowdown and is postulating on why the slowdown is occurring.

If on the other hand your tone was meant to be more of a Ralph Macchio "I shot the clerk" response, well you can see how that tone doesn't carry over in a written statement ...
Sorry you missed the context I intended. Perhaps putting slowdown in quotes would have made it clearer.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Sorry you missed the context I intended. Perhaps putting slowdown in quotes would have made it clearer.
Yes, it would have. I see now that we're essentially saying the same thing.

Regardless, OTA releases have been more regular than my grandpa on dulcolax. I get annoyed when people start spouting nonsense about how it proves Rivian is in trouble because the OTA is "late". I'm glad you're not one of them.

Tr4ckD4ys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Well… it’s looking like this one is a skip…

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Well… it’s looking like this one is a skip…
Get a feeling we'll get a surprise this week.

I got mine 13 months ago and feel like something has been pushed out every month.

Sponsored

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

We are well past a Week 15 code complete deadline. In fact, Week 19 ended on May 11th and Week 20 ended on May 18th. edit: corrected to end week on Sat (US localization)

I'd guess the next one is major and has either been scheduled to skip April, or they ran into issues with the new features (google?) and having this version work with both Refresh and non-Refresh models.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
We are well past a Week 15 code complete deadline. In fact, Week 19 ended on May 11th and Week 20 ended on May 18th. edit: corrected to end week on Sat (US localization)

I'd guess the next one is major and has either been scheduled to skip April, or they ran into issues with the new features (google?) and having this version work with both Refresh and non-Refresh models.
This has certainly been the longest stretch between when we have seen the updates hit the beta machines (2024.11 hit beta machines on 3/29/2024).

I’m starting to wonder if this one is going to have layout changes like they were showing in the R2 or if this will be the new normal now that they have more hardware configurations to validate.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’m starting to wonder if this one is going to have layout changes like they were showing in the R2 or if this will be the new normal now that they have more hardware configurations to validate.
The Googlecast demo videos I have seen are still on the original UI. I'm doubtful about the UI refresh happening but I suppose it is just an app that runs within the OS.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

This has certainly been the longest stretch between when we have seen the updates hit the beta machines (2024.11 hit beta machines on 3/29/2024).

I’m no software engineer, but we do know they’re changing out the wiring harness and moving to a networked architecture.

This has to involve lots of high priority software work even if there are minimal changes to the front-end.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’m no software engineer, but we do know they’re changing out the wiring harness and moving to a networked architecture.

This has to involve lots of high priority software work even if there are minimal changes to the front-end.
Absolutely the changes bring in an entirely new hardware stack so moving forward the validation process will take more effort.

I’m just wondering if this is going to be the new normal or if this is a particularly large update.

Sponsored

Brian-MS90D

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S (Dual Motor, Max pack, LA Silver)
Issues i've started seeing after 2024.11:

* Tidal album / track pictures not showing up
* Had some plug and charge payment issues start

Did a soft reboot / hard reboot / logout + login of tidal. No resolution.
I searched for this. I'm on 2024.11.02. Tidal artwork has stopped working. I've tried soft reboot and logging out/in to Tidal. Still not working. It really takes away from the premium aesthetic to have just rows of huge blocks of a low pixel music note all over the screen.

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I searched for this. I'm on 2024.11.02. Tidal artwork has stopped working. I've tried soft reboot and logging out/in to Tidal. Still not working. It really takes away from the premium aesthetic to have just rows of huge blocks of a low pixel music note all over the screen.
Same here. No album art on Tidal and soft reboot doesn't fix it.

irfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover

Careful now, can’t go around here mentioning it’s been almost 60 days since the beta release!

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

I feel like at this point they must be holding the next release to coincide with investor day. I think the day will be a lot of information about RAN, R2, R3, data plan timing and pricing to start 30 days in the future after a trial, and the R1 refresh.

Then I think they will show the R1 software update and then say that they are going on sale the next day and all existing R1s will be able to order the new wireless charging pad and all will be getting the matching software update which will include the new artwork, the addition of satellite radio app, the infotainment/casting ability, and (fingers crossed), not android auto, but google maps.

Of course I have no idea what I'm talking about for any of this, but I do think I'm right about them waiting until Investor day at this point.
Sponsored