LeDiable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

For anyone who finds a 3d print design file but doesn't know someone with a printer, maybe check your local library. Mine has a "maker space" which includes a 3d printer along with things like a green screen, cameras, cricut, sewing machine, etc.
Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
For anyone who finds a 3d print design file but doesn't know someone with a printer, maybe check your local library. Mine has a "maker space" which includes a 3d printer along with things like a green screen, cameras, cricut, sewing machine, etc.
Do you have to wait there for the 30 hours it will take to print? 😅

LeDiable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Do you have to wait there for the 30 hours it will take to print? 😅
LOL bring your meals, a sleeping bag, and a change of clothes!

I think they said something about allowing things to print overnight as long as you get it started a half hour before they close, then they'll notify you when it's done. The downside is that they charge $1 per hour of printing time, so if you have a large design with 100% fill, it will cost more than just buying something online. But, its a nice option in the event you want/need something unique.

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
I use this for my 40oz hydroflask. Cupholders only used for smaller beverages.

scua0IXNQ44lzxlJD3voWaYg1=w1204-h903-no?authuser=0.jpg
We have this one too. Works perfect for us since we usually have 2 cups and 2 water bottles. Water bottles fit perfectly. You can even put an empty or part empty Yeti cup in one of the cubes. We also use one of the cubes as a garbage.

Sponsored

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
I printed this up last week. The diameter accommodates my hydroflask fairly tightly and the boss's yeti a little less so. This version is held with double sided tape but I'm printing another version this weekend with recesses in the bottom for magnets on each corner. I plan to put stick metal discs to the bottom of the console mat to mate up to the magnets on the cupholder and do away with the double sided tape. The picture shows the right cupholder with a drop in reducer I printed so I can also use it for bike water bottles. Happy to share the stl file if anyone wants it.

Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_0405

csharp

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

I printed this up last week. The diameter accommodates my hydroflask fairly tightly and the boss's yeti a little less so. This version is held with double sided tape but I'm printing another version this weekend with recesses in the bottom for magnets on each corner. I plan to put stick metal discs to the bottom of the console mat to mate up to the magnets on the cupholder and do away with the double sided tape. The picture shows the right cupholder with a drop in reducer I printed so I can also use it for bike water bottles. Happy to share the stl file if anyone wants it.

IMG_0405.jpg
Great idea! When you finish your next round of files with the magnet slot, I'd love the STL file.

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
Great idea! When you finish your next round of files with the magnet slot, I'd love the STL file.
Here you go:

stl file is here:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5881135

I used these magnets, they are slightly deeper than the pocket in the bottom of the cup holder:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYNFQ41?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

A 32 oz. hydroflask fits perfectly and a 32 oz. Yeti is a little loose. The magnets hold fairly well but I haven't driven with the yeti and hydroflask inserted yet. They could let loose in a hard braking situation but normal driving shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you're interested in having the freecad file and I can post it as well.

Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_0408

Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_0409

Last edited:

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09KKX6YGB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
here you go. did have to trim the plastic in the two front corners to get it to drop in flush. You cannot see it when it is in place. I do have to pull it out to access the camp speaker.
After a few months of use are you still happy with this? Looks perfect but hesitant the cupholder will be deep enough to handle cornering with a bottle in it. Great find and demo either way, thanks!

leftride

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
here's my temporary solve...

Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_1615
Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_1612
Rivian R1T R1S Adding cupholders to R1T? IMG_1614

Some Amazon cup holders, some ABS plastic cut to fit and some velcro tape. Holders are adjustable so they'll take large and small bottles.

Everything seems to be holding well. I'd probably opt for a taller cup holder, but haven't had any issues around corners or driving to/from the mountains.

Mystie3k

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Here you go:

stl file is here:

I used these magnets, they are slightly deeper than the pocket in the bottom of the cup holder:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YYNFQ41?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

A 32 oz. hydroflask fits perfectly and a 32 oz. Yeti is a little loose. The magnets hold fairly well but I haven't driven with the yeti and hydroflask inserted yet. They could let loose in a hard braking situation but normal driving shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you're interested in having the freecad file and I can post it as well.

IMG_0408.jpg

IMG_0409.jpg
This is awesome! You should share this on Thingiverse. I posted it here but happy to take it down if you want to do the honors (I attrib'd it to you anyway)

jpa5635

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Network Nerd
This is awesome! You should share this on Thingiverse. I posted it here but happy to take it down if you want to do the honors (I attrib'd it to you anyway)

I tried to share it on thingiverse but had issues with my account so just threw it on my google drive to make it available. Thanks for posting it there and now that it's freely available there I'll remove it from google drive and edit my previous post.